RECIPES:Please share your favourites :)

My DH only grills. He tried spaghetti on Friday; it was almost edible. Lol.

He is really good at mopping however...all those years in the Army.

Dh doesn't cook much either and a mop? Well he wouldn't know what one looks like:haha: He vacumed once and I took a photo, and he only vacumed because it was new vacum and he wanted to try it:wacko: He's a fantastic guy but he hates housework:haha:

Mine is basically a SAHD right now, so he's learning. Lol

I have to have fight my DH out of the kitchen to cook sometimes :) We both love to cook and DH is a fab cook :) I think that's the reason we both have weight issues :haha:

Ok another healthy recipe ladies which is great as a snack or a side dish (and is sin free for those following Slimming World - Baked Sweet Potato:

Serves: 1
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 30-45 minutes

1 x 170g/6oz sweet potato
1 level tbsp fat-free natural yogurt
juice of ½ lemon
1 garlic clove, crushed
½ tsp ground coriander
½ tsp ground cumin
good pinch of chilli powder
pinch of turmeric
Fry Light, for spraying
coarsely ground sea salt
1 tbsp chopped fresh coriander

1. Peel the potato and cut lengthways into 6-8 wedges. Mix the yogurt, lemon juice, garlic and ground spices to a smooth paste and brush over the sweet potato wedges.

2. Spray a roasting pan lightly with Fry Light and place the coated sweet potato wedges in the pan.

3. Bake in a preheated oven at 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6 for about 30-45 minutes, until crisp and golden outside and tender inside. Grind some sea salt over the top and eat sprinkled with coriander. Alternatively, grill them in a ridged grill pan.

Wooly, have you tried these sweet potatoes? I am wondering if they really do get crisp in the oven?

Yeap I've tried them and they do crisp up :thumbup: So yummy and so low in fat too :thumbup:

These sound yummy too..another recipe for the weekend:thumbup: I buy the sweet potato fries for the kids but this is an even healthier option so I'm going to give it a go. DS will eat veggies but DD is a bit of a tough customer but this looks promising.

Loving this thread. So many new recipe ideas and things to try. I will post my family favourites but its good old hearty food not so much low in fat. :)

I'm happy with family favourites that stick to the ribs:thumbup: Doesn't have to be low fat, we're just looking for tasty recipes:haha:

I'm happy with family favourites that stick to the ribs:thumbup: Doesn't have to be low fat, we're just looking for tasty recipes:haha:

Not only do they stick to my ribs, but they seem to stick to my hips, belly & butt also :haha:

Ok another recipe (sorry another from my slimming club) :)

Smoked Haddock and Pea Risotto (Serves 4)

4 X 142g/5oz smoked haddock fillets
1.2l/2pt fish stock
1 large onion, peeled and finely chopped
1 large leek, washed and finely chopped
255g/9oz dried risotto rice
397g/14oz fresh or frozen peas
100g/3.5oz fresh spinach leaves, roughly chopped
4 large eggs

1) Place the haddock in a large saucepan of water and bring to the boil. Turn off the heat and allow the fish to sit in the water, covered, for 12-15 minutes. Drain and set aside.

2) Bring the stock to the boil in a large pan over a medium heat, then turn the heat doen as low as it will go to keep the stock hot without letting it reduce.

3) Place 198ml/7fl oz of the warmed stock in another large pan and add the onion and leek and cook for 3-4 minutes until they are softened. Add the rice and cook for 2-3 minutes. Stir in the peas and spinach.

4) Add the stock to the rice a ladle at a time and keep stirring until each ladle is absorbed. Keep adding the stock, stirring as often as possible until the rice is al dente (approx 20-25 minutes).

5) Skin and flake the haddock into bite sized pieces and gently stir it into the rice. Keep the risotto warn while poaching the eggs.

6) Divide the risotto onto 4 plates and top each with a poached egg. Serve immediately.

I use the water I've boiled the haddock in as my fish stock

That sounds great :) I haven't had Haddock in ages.I'm not even sure they sell it here, I'll have to have a look :)

Wait, peas? I can see Nat shaking her head from here :haha:

Sounds delish tho! Too bad I'm too lazy to try it :blush:

I don't think I can get smoked haddock here, but I am sure there's got to be a substitute.

Eva, did you make the mac and cheese?

Someone besides me has to try it, lol. I want to see if anyone else ruins it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->