RECIPES:Please share your favourites :)

I might give the Mac and Cheese a go later in the week, although I'm normally pretty sh*t with anything like that..lol. I just got a call from DS school he's in Year 7..first year of Secondary College and he was apparently making your mama so fat jokes in class and offended another student. This child is supposed to be in the "smart class" so I said punish him and she said he'll be staying after class on Wed. well there's punishment, I told her I was thinking more along the lines of a weeks detention and lots of lines.

I take it the other child's mother has a weight problem?

Well it was a group of them that were being basically smart asses and the kid that took offence apparently was also making jokes but did take offence when his mother was insulted. No one should have been insulted but I have a feeling this was something that was left too long and it got taken to far. It all happened in class mind you..so where was the teacher to stop it escalating?

Well done, Crystal! It's refreshing to see a parent who doesn't act like their kid shits roses....

Thanks Indigo:thumbup: I can't stand when someone says their little darling wouldn't do it...kids will be kids and make mistakes. I don't love the little sh*t any less but misbehaving and upsetting another kid isn't acceptable in my books.

Omg, I see the "my child is an angel" all the time!
DS is 7, and misbehaves a lot :wacko:
We have a "traffic light" system, where he has a chart that has a green area (where he gets to do all his fun things....wii, games, bike, scooter...etc) Yellow - he loses some fun stuff ( no wii, lego gets put away, no games) Red means no fun stuff at all ( no wii, lego, games, bike & scooter, no going outside, no tv, no going anywhere except for school)

He hates it! But he has to learn bad choices bring bad consequenses :thumbup:

I only defended my DD once and threw the 'it's not my kid' card...I figured since the other child was obviously trying to choke her, I could give DD a pass on that one.

Otherwise, it's game on. She knows that I will do much worse to her than the school ever would, so she pretty much keeps it in check. I think a little bit of parental fear is not a bad thing, lol.

Sorry..that made no sense...Indigo I love your avatar..lol..huge True Blood fans :), found out what happened after a conversation with the school itself...apparently this incident happened in Term 1 and it is now Term 3. He did admit making the jokes but as we were initially told there were no offended kids an Aid overheard them joking, which I feel better he didn't hurt anyones feelings but I'm not pleased the school didn't get all the facts before calling. So he had some lines to do when he got home from us and he had to listen to us dribble on for awhile :)

I've got a really good one for room cleaning if you ever need it, lol.

https://www.delish.com/recipefinder/tomato-corn-pie-recipe-ew0710

This one looks like it might be good.

Oh, I can't cook either, but I like to pretend that I can, lol

Oh, I can't cook either, but I like to pretend that I can, lol

Hey, I burnt rice and popcorn yesterday:dohh: and I almost caught myself on fire I bent over to see if the rice was cooked and my cord on my hoodie went into the fire on the burner..I smelt it before it caught on fire but sh*t it scared me :wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->