recurrent miscarriage 1st appointment

moonlyte

Reaction score
Hi
I really need some info and i thought it would be right forum.axtually i m having my 1st consultant appointment at recurrent miscarriage clinic as i have had 3 miscarriages in a row.so i wanna know what to expect.should i take my partner with me ?will they do some testing on him at this stage.i wanna know cuz he then has to take off from work and secondly i have holidays book for a month after 2 days of my first appointment date.so i m kinda worried should i have to be available for further testing right after the first appointment? Or should i change my first appointment date and book it when i will be back from holiday..please help i m so worried.i am from Yorkshire,UK

Hi
I really need some info and i thought it would be right forum.axtually i m having my 1st consultant appointment at recurrent miscarriage clinic as i have had 3 miscarriages in a row.so i wanna know what to expect.should i take my partner with me ?will they do some testing on him at this stage.i wanna know cuz he then has to take off from work and secondly i have holidays book for a month after 2 days of my first appointment date.so i m kinda worried should i have to be available for further testing right after the first appointment? Or should i change my first appointment date and book it when i will be back from holiday..please help i m so worried.i am from Yorkshire,UK

hi, don't get too worried about this its fairly simple. Normally the letter that the hosp sends you does mention the procedure. I too have my 1st RM apt next week. You would need to go with your partner unless other wise mentioned in your apt letter. They would ask you to fill in a form which contains loads of information, they would do an ultrasound + consultation & loads of blood test. You & your partner would need to do the blood test unless he's tested b4 for Karyotype. Normally all should be over the same day & they would then call you after a month for some other test or sometimes repeat the same tests (that's what my hosp told me) & again after a month to discuss all the findings.

I think its best you speak to you hosp but I feel you can very well attend your apt & go for your holiday & come back for the next apt. Good luck ! regards, nina.

Hi Hun, I had one yesterday an my partner an I had lots of blood tests an then back in 8 weeks for the results.

Good luck x

My partner never had any blood taken till I had 5mc

They will probably do just standard blood clotting and thyroid tests, possibly karoryping for you and partner. I had to go back for a scan about a week before my blood test result appt which was 8 weeks after initial blood taken. All hospitals seem to work slightly different x

Hiya,

From what I know, most hospitals are different but at my first appointment at the recurrent miscarriage clinic, we chatted about my 'history' and they took lots of blood to do the 'first round' of tests, which included diabetes, thyroid checks, clotting and a few other things that I can't remember.

If any of these results come back 'not quite right' they'll ask for a repeat blood test (that is what they did with me) and explained that they always re-check. They they may enter you into whatever research programme they have going for that particular 'issue'.

Nothing at all to be worried about.... just remember that they are there to help.

I did take my husband along althoug they didnt do any tests on him and said that there wouldnt be any at that time.

I hope you get on well.

Sending you massive hugs.
FloatingKiss xx

We both had blood taken, they're looking at any chtomosone issues...

Follow up apt booked for the end of October!

X

Thanks lovely ladies for ur help.i will take my partner with me incase they do some blood work for him.sending hugs to u all.hope v all have a sticky beans soon.Finger crosssed

I had my blood done first. My doctor wanted to do my husband after she got my results. We never got to him, as one of the pregnancies just worked out.

Good luck! I am sending you lots of hugs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->