Recurrent Miscarriage Thread

Wow, holly! I can't believe how insensitive your colleagues are! Some people really don't get the heartache of a miscarriage, do they?!

:hugs: to everyone else, especially lambs and padbrat xxx

Hi Girls,

I've had a bit of a break from all things miscarriage, including this forum. Popped in for a quick catch up to see how you are all doing and catching up on the news is a bit of a rollercoaster. I am so sorry so many of you are back at square one or nervous about spotting etc. You are the only people in the world who I hope and pray are pregnant and things are going well. I've shed quite a few tears for you this morning.

As for me, not much change really. Still fighting for my referral to Prof Quenby but no further forward really. Aside from that just trying to enjoy myself and relax (somedays easier said than done!!). I'm in the 2WW again and dreamt last night that I was pregnant with baby girl. I don't usual think too much about dreams etc but have decided that this is it - I WILL get that BFP next week and it WILL work this time. The science has gone out the window and I'm now focussing on premonitions (maybe I've really gone mad this time....!).

Love to you all xxxxx

Hi Claire.

Great to have you back.
I think I may have ov'd and have had a long LH surge after my miscarriage last month so I too am thinking I am now in 2ww. I am counting tomorrow as day 1, but think I may be further on.
I am starting meds tomorrow.
Keeping my fx'd for you and hoping you get your BFP xxx.

We'll get our BFPs together and then we can be bump buddies!!

My cycles have been so messed up since the last MC - 27, 24 and looks like a 32 day cylcle this month. Think I started the progesterone too early last month so I am delaying a little this time so will start the prog tomorrow too. I think you are right to start the prednisolone before BFP, that's certainly what I would be doing. Good luck! xxx

Hi
I posted on here a while ago after 2 losses but was told it was only for recurrent mc (3 or more). Well, I am 95% sure I am experiencing my 3rd mc (at 6 weeks) and just had a few quick questions.

I'm so sorry for everyone's losses - it really is crappy and unfair, and incredibly frustrating. I'm aware that I'm luckier than some as I have 2 children already and I am very thankful for them, but it still hurts so bad at the moment.

My quick history:

Have 2 sons (aged 6 and 4) - no problems conceiving or with either pregnancies
Oct 2010 Late loss at 20 wks (baby boy died at 17 wks)
Feb 2011 MC at 7/8 wks
Jun 2011 Suspected MC at 6 wks (have scan later today)

I am assuming I will qualify for testing now I've had 3 mc.
I've also done some research on Professor Quenby and NK cells, and was hoping to be referred to her if nothing else comes up.
(I'm in Shropshire)

ClaireH - whereabouts in the country are you? Are you finding it hard to get a referral to Prof Quenby?

Sorry I can't give advice on docs as I am in the US, but just wanted to say that I'm sorry to hear of your losses and I hope this third is not as it appears. :hugs:

Iloveblue, I so hope this scan is good news. Nobody deserves to join this rubbish club. Whether you already have children or not, losses always hurt :hugs:

Hi Iloveblue.

I am hoping all goes well at the scan and that this is not another miscarriage for you.

Sorry to jump in but Quenby is not currently carrying out NK cell testing, she is only concentrating on Progesterone trials.
I seen her on 13th May, however she did prescribe me the prednisolone on the basis that she thinks I have an intrauterine cause for my losses.

I got a BFP last month and started the steroids but had a very early loss, so this month I have started from ov as per Dr Shehata's programme.

You should indeed qualify for NHS testing, but they do not test for NK cells, def worth pursuing though, just to add my NHS tests came back fine, so didn't really shed any light on my situation.

Sending you hugs xxx

Pip, how are you? Any update yet? And one thing is true this club SUCKS BIG TIME xxx

Lee, I've been ordered to rest and will have another scan on Wednesday. I hope it's not the last scan that caused the bleeding because we could end up running in circles here. Actually scrap that, I DO hope it was just the scan wand causing the bleeding because then my LO is ok!

Right, keep them feet up and get dh to spoil you and give you lots of TLC. I will be thinking about you Weds and have high hopes for you x.

iloveblue - Sorry for your losses, did they not do any testing after your late loss. Did you have a pm?

Hi Iloveblue,
So sorry you are joining us, but welcome.

I have had 5 miscarriages and all test results came back normal. I have had my referral to Prof Quenby refused by NHS Lothian (East Scotland) because they won't pay for treatment that isn't proven. I suppose with all the cutbacks I can't be too suprised but I am v disappointed. My GP was delighted to help me (although my consultant less keen to say the least!!). It's worth a try though, although I would think until you've had all the standard tests and potential treatment they won't let you be referred to Quenby. And as Lee says, Quenby isn't doing NK testing anymore (funding again!) but she can prescribe steriods if your case history fits the criteria.

My advice is to get confirmation of what's happening with this pregnancy (you never know...) and then IF it is #3 get all the testing done and go from there. I posted a link already on here (I'll repost it in a minute) which outlines the guidelines for treatment after 3 MCs so you can be sure to get everything you should have.

Good luck xxxx

Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists guidelines for treatment of recurrent MC, updated lat month....

https://www.rcog.org.uk/womens-health...age-green-top-

Happy reading!

iloveblue - Sorry for your losses, did they not do any testing after your late loss. Did you have a pm?

Hi cinders
Yes they did do testing and we had a PM and everything came back clear. They didn't find a reason for it.
Sad and very frustrating.

Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists guidelines for treatment of recurrent MC, updated lat month....

https://www.rcog.org.uk/womens-health...age-green-top-

Happy reading!

Thanks ClaireH - thats really useful

I'm sorry your NHS are not being more helpful - is there anything else you could do? Could you afford to go privately?

I had a scan today and it was inconclusive.
They saw a 'cystic area' but it was too early to tell if it was a viable pregnancy. They did see a pocket of fluid too which could be a burst cyst and might explain the spotting and pain. Have had blood taken to test hormone level to be repeated on Weds.
Not sure what to think really - just have to wait and see.

Thanks, Claire!

I don't know whether my computer is playing silly buggers with me or not, but the link didn't work. I found the guideline through google, though.

I haven't read the new guide so I'm going to have a nosy through it now...

Oops, not sure what happened...

https://www.rcog.org.uk/womens-heal...ment-couples-recurrent-miscarriage-green-top-

We could probably write this just as well!

Iloveblue, sorry you didn't have more conclusive results today. Fingers crossed for both you and Petipas for Weds

xxx

Lol, I think they added the bit about NKcells because bnb women up and down the country have been asking about them :lol:

I hope you girls don't mind me posting. I've been thinking of this thread lots recently as my little boy has just turned one. When I created this thread I never thought I'd ever be a mummy, I couldn't see past my mcs but here I am. It did happen eventually. Many others that joined during that time have now become mums or are now pregnant. I'm not here to rub it in, far from it. I just wanted to give you all hope and to give you the belief that it will happen to you one day too.

Lamb - I'm so sorry it looks like you have just had another mc. I only experienced 3 so can't imagine how tough things must be for you :hugs:

Padbrat, Petipas - I spotted throughout the first trimester of my last pregnancy which resulted in my baby boy (he has just turned one). After 3 mcs I was convinced it was the end but it wasn't so I'm hopeful for you both xxx Rest, rest, rest.

Hope - It never ceases to amaze me how hurtful people can be. I never told anybody at work about my mcs but they would often say things like 'don't leave it too long will you', you've been married years, why no baby... are you too career driven?, so when are you going to have a baby etc etc.... you know in the end I was just blunt when somebody asked me when I was going to have children. I just told him that I'd had 3 mcs so things were really difficult. It soon shut him up and I enjoyed seeing him squirm. Well, don't ask questions you don't want all the answers too.

Thinking of you all as always and hoping that they do start the NKC tests again, particularly to the ladies that have had 'there is nothing wrong' results back. I've been there :hugs:

Hi Ladies.

If anyone is interested in raising funds for the Miscarriage Association, there is a sponsored midnight walk taking place on 12th August , there are walks taking place throughout the UK, and if there is not one in your area, you are welcome to organise one.

I am organising an event in Glasgow if any one is interested.

To take part in this event please visit the following FB link

https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=192135140834318

If you would like to sponsor me to raise funds for the MA please visit

https://www.justgiving.com/Lee-Carberry/?fb_ref=fundraising-page-top&fb_source=profile_oneline

Thanks all x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->