Recurrent Miscarriage Thread

Ladies I am on pins and needles. Last Monday I had blood drawn for my immune blood tests and in one more week from today I should get my results back! There is even a possibility I could get results back this week. I have to try and stay busy to help pass the time. Just looking forward to some answers!

Fxd you get some answers Hun have you had ur other tests done? X

Will be keeping my Fx'd for you too x

Hi all,

I signed up in this forum because I really need the support of other women who are going through what I am going through. I am not handling this as well as I have before and I HAVE before....twice and today I am in the middle of my third miscarriage in two years. I feel very broken. Today makes it 7 days of bleeding for me. I am passing clots but no sack yet. I am dreading and hoping for it so that I can just be over with this. Last week Friday I saw my baby's heartbead at 7 weeks and all was well. By Sunday I was bleeding and Monday I saw my baby's heartbeat labouring on the monitor. My baby was dying and could see her/him right there in front of my eyes. I did not cry for the last two miscarriages because I there was never life in the sacks but this one really broke my heart. When is this going to end so that I can get back to some normalcy. I just wanted to pour my heart out to someone. Thank you all for sharing your stories. I feel for all of you.

Faith - I'm so sorry for your losses. I'll be thinking about you.

I have general questions for you ladies. After your MC's did you know when to expect your periods? How would you know if you are late? Can you treat MC bleeding as though it is the beginning of a new cycle?

I ask because DH and I decided not to wtt afterwards and so I don't have a period to base any calculations from. Mc bleeding began on July 3rd. I thought maybe I'd get AF by the 30th. (28 days from start of bleeding). Maybe I should count from the end of the bleeding - in which case everything would be about 1 wk later and AF could come by this weekend.

My hpts last week were negative and I don't know when I should test again. I've been having some pg symptoms. Any experiences with getting pg right away after mc would be helpful. Thanks!

Sorry to welcome you here, faith. I hope you manage to pass this stage of the miscarriage soon :hugs:

future, your first cycle post-m/c could be all over the place. The only way to have some idea of when to expect ad is if you track ovulation. The only suggestion I can make is to wait a few days and test again. Good luck! :dust:

Faith I'm in the process of my 4th mc at only 5 weeks so mines not as bad I'm passing clots everyday! It's such a horrible time hun! Have you been spoken tk now about testing? After 3 mc your entitled to answers! Not that I have any yet! All my results were negative! But a lotbof women get answers Hun, never give up hope, u will get ur forever baby! Xx

Future I am sorry for ur losses xx I have had a period the week after sometimes 6 weeks later! I personally haven't ever had pg after but u are meant to b extremely fertile after! I haven't tested opks or anything but I am going to this month! I'm sure u can google it xx

Fxd you get some answers Hun have you had ur other tests done? X

Yeah, the only other tests I have done have been progetserone (the 7 DPO test) and chromosomal analysis for DH and I. Both of those came back fine.

Hi girls,

I went to a miscarrriage support group at my local hospital last night, I was the only one there! however, to my advantage I got to pick the brains of the 2 midwives who chaired the group.
If I had known of the groups existence last year when I had had my first 3 miscarriages I may have suffered alot less heartache, before finding bnb I was running around in circles, and pretty confused by it all.
Anyway I did'nt learn huge amounts but we did touch on a few subjects of which I had very little knowledge.
What id like to say I gained from the experience was reassurances that at my age 40, I shouldnt be stressing myself that I wont get to carry a baby to full term, they see tons of women 40 and over having their first baby, they encouraged me not to give up..
I really benefited from the session, as these midwives see the lot and know the struggles some women have to go through before they have their first bub, the pain and heartache of losing babies over and over again is so very overwhelming but what they advised me is to remain focused and to plough on as the prize is within reach and these women are there to support and impart their knowledge.

What about ur thyroid an sticky blood etc etc x

My thyroid was actually tested by my cardiologist about 2 years ago and that was fine. The sticky blood test is one of the tests on my immunity panel that I just had done. I'm very curious about how that one will turn out!

Hi girls,

I went to a miscarrriage support group at my local hospital last night, I was the only one there! however, to my advantage I got to pick the brains of the 2 midwives who chaired the group.
If I had known of the groups existence last year when I had had my first 3 miscarriages I may have suffered alot less heartache, before finding bnb I was running around in circles, and pretty confused by it all.
Anyway I did'nt learn huge amounts but we did touch on a few subjects of which I had very little knowledge.
What id like to say I gained from the experience was reassurances that at my age 40, I shouldnt be stressing myself that I wont get to carry a baby to full term, they see tons of women 40 and over having their first baby, they encouraged me not to give up..
I really benefited from the session, as these midwives see the lot and know the struggles some women have to go through before they have their first bub, the pain and heartache of losing babies over and over again is so very overwhelming but what they advised me is to remain focused and to plough on as the prize is within reach and these women are there to support and impart their knowledge.

How wonderful that you found that support group! Sometimes all we need is a little reassurance and it sounds like you got that. Keep going for it and don't give up! :hugs:

Well, I got the results back from my last loss. He was genetically normal. As sad as it is, I finally have proof that it is my body that is killing them. Tomorrow I am going for my immune tests.

Petitpas :hugs: I know how you feel- out of the seven, I was only able to test two, but both came back genetically normal. It was crushing and eye-opening at the same time.

Petitpas & Daviess-

Thanks for you responses.

I noticed after my first one my period came back right on target. This time it seems it is taking longer. It's strange to me since my HCG was very low this time and was falling rapidly. I wouldn't think it would throw me off too much because the mc bleeding was so similar to my normal periods.

If my calculations were off 1 week and instead of being here last weekend should come this weekend instead - is it too early to test again?

Well, I got the results back from my last loss. He was genetically normal. As sad as it is, I finally have proof that it is my body that is killing them. Tomorrow I am going for my immune tests.

Oh, I am so sorry Petitpas. I can understand how much that would hurt but I hope you realize that you are doing your best to have your baby. None of this is your fault. Hopefully the immune tests will bring you some answers. Mine should be back in less than a week. Maybe we can compare notes later on. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->