Recurrent Miscarriage Thread

Davies, I would go to Shehata. But this is just based on what I've heard, I haven't seen either. S. does more varied treatment. And I would imagine more varied test as well because he is one of the doctors that follow Beer's research and treatments. If you wanna know more about those read the book "Is your body baby friendly" I've found it really encouraging and helpful.

Hope & Filipenko, hang in there, I'm sure the treatments will make a huge difference and you'll get there! x x

Thanks ladies, I am just having a really really bad day and my sister is always ringing me up to see how I am and she has two wonderful children who she has the most amazing time with. It just make s me realise more what i'm missing.
Rabittchild did they ever find a reason for your losses?

yup, I got a "raised clot strength" on the Thromboelastogram so I have to take 150mg aspirin from bfp to 36 weeks - seems to have worked so far. I also took 400mg progesterone til 29 weeks. I hope everyone on here gets there LO's in the bed it's such a hideous journey.

I too am looking for support from ladies who know exactly how I feel. Today is a bad day for me. It just feels like such a hard journey. We've already had three losses. My first blood test came back positive for anti-nuclear antibodies. I'm awaiting the second blood results to confirm this.
I always stalk here and try to get comfort without reaching out but today is particularly poop so I thought I'd share!

Waiting for the test results or appointments is awful and I sort of feel that my life has been on hold for 5 years. But I do have loads of hope now cause at least I am doing something differently compared to previous pregnancies. And so will you Embo if you have a problem with those ANAs and they will give you something to fix it! Amazing to hear that just aspirin and progesterone did it for Rabbittchild! x x

Thankyou so much talvikki. It really is amazing. And after five losses too.

As soon as I found out the results I rang the nurse at the epu who I've become very close with. She's been there through each of my losses. She said they'd give me low dose aspirin and heparin shots. Not sure how they'd help. I've just baffled and confused myself on the Internet!!

Does anyone know of this condition and how successful treatment is?

Embo, the statistics that are generally quoted on antiphospholipid syndrome (the one you test positive on the ANAs for) is that without treatment the success rate can be as low as 10% for each pregnancy.
With aspirin it goes up to around 40%, with heparin and aspirin together it goes up to around 70% for each pregnancy. That's a pretty good success rate and quite close to the 'normal' population!

Davies, which one is closer to you? Quenby or Shehata? They both are supposedly very good and since you are 'unexplained' maybe you qualify for the NKcell trials (NHS) that Professor Quenby is running?

Embo, the statistics that are generally quoted on antiphospholipid syndrome (the one you test positive on the ANAs for) is that without treatment the success rate can be as low as 10% for each pregnancy.
With aspirin it goes up to around 40%, with heparin and aspirin together it goes up to around 70% for each pregnancy. That's a pretty good success rate and quite close to the 'normal' population!

Davies, which one is closer to you? Quenby or Shehata? They both are supposedly very good and since you are 'unexplained' maybe you qualify for the NKcell trials (NHS) that Professor Quenby is running?

fili - i've had 4 w/no explanation and i WILL have kids one day. I'm 36, had 1 m/c 11 years ago and 3 since May 2010. I know how you feel and have broken down many times. Everyone deserves to have at least one, I would be fine with just one, it would be amazing.

We just need to keep trying, it's the only thing we can control and the only way we are going to get there. i'm really happy to have met you girls, i'm on other forums too but not many girls on them have had so many m/cs with no children. if you ever come to MN in the states, let me know, i would be happy to meet you in person!

Thanks petipas. Those odds are pretty amazing. I was taking low dose aspirin with the last mmc. Should I speak to my consultant about a higher dose? I noticed that rabbittchild did. I haven't even got my appointment yet but I'm in the process of writing down any questions

That's something to discuss with your doc. The standard is 75mg (or 81mg in the US) but some people are on a higher dose (like myself - I have other clotting issues).

Hi ladies sorry but I am losing the plot today, can anyone remind me why I should be positive I just can't get my head around 3 mc's no children and will i ever get there? :cry: :cry:

SNAP!!

I feel the same, i feel like i won't be able to start trying again till March 2012, i first got pregnant March 2010

:cry::cry::cry:

Why can't you try Hope?

I didn't think i should be trying till i get my results back which is looking like that won't be till end feb?

Its brightened up my night to read Rabbittchild's post. Thats amazing that the aspirin and progesterone have worked after 5 m.c's! I really hope Im 3rd time lucky with aspirin,heparin and progesterone. My first lot of results have showed elevated clotting levels. I have a good feeling for lots of us on here that we are finally getting to the route of our problems Never realised just how common clotting problems can be and how easily rectified they are.
Thanks for that post petitpas about the success rates increasing from 10% to 70% with treatment, thats very encouraging and Im certain thats the quote my consultant used when he told me my clotting levels are high and I'd receive treatment.
In my case so far those statistics are accurate:
My first pregnancy with no aspirin ended at 5 weeks
Second pregnancy with aspirin got me to 9 weeks with a heartbeat
Fingers crossed my next pregnancy with aspirin,heparin and progesterone will achieve that 70% success rate.
Hang in there everyone x

Hi ladies lots of posts here today, good luck to everyone keep ur chin up everyone we will get there I no it!!
Petit I thunk sheheta is closer but I think nk cells test there is like £200 consultation £300 for test! Who nos I'm going to do research fri as I want it done ASAP I wonder how long it takes an if u have to have it done at certain time of month! X

Hi Davies. I got a referral to Shehata on NHS. I was told it would take about 6 months. I got an appt in 4 wks to see one of his consultants, I had to cancel and tbh want to see Shehata in person so took about 2 months. I am seeing him 8 Nov.
His secretary called me last week to see if I could come this Tuesday, this is when he is at St Helliers.
I am travelling from Glasgow so couldn't bring it forward as have already booked my flights, it's worth asking for The referral to see what happens.

xxx

Davies, I called his appointment line and the lady was very helpful in explaining the process and the costs involved. Good luck with everything :hugs:

Hope I seen Quenby back in May at this time she was not doing private consultations which may explain the no cost issue.
She generally prescribes progesterone and 20mg steroids.

Filipenkpo. Lots of us have had numerous losses on here and it's just a case of keep going trying different tests and medications/therapies.
It doesn't make it any easier but knowing you are doing all the right things should help you remain positive. We all have days like this. I didn't even get out of bed last weekend.
Hope you feel better soon xxx.

Hope. I just wanted to add Quenby prescribes steroids from BFP, (that was the case when I seen her) where as Shehata prescribes from Ov.
I had a very early miscarriage (cpg) when I took steroids from BFP, so will be taking from Ov after my appt.
I think a few of us are following this protocol but best done under supervision of a sympathetic consultant.
Good luck xxx.

Hi Everyone
I have read these forums so many times but have never actually commented, but i thought about time i did join in and maybe get some comfort from others as you all appear to do.
MY husband and i have been trying for our second child now for 5 years and in that 5 yrs have suffered 9 miscarriages, the most recent one only happening 4 weeks ago. The have all ended before 11 weeks, my local hospital have done numerous tests on me and the hubby, and have come up with negative results! I have however been diagnosed with PCO. I have done alot of research over the years as we do when we are looking for answers, and have been asking my consultant for 2 yrs now to try me on progesterone in early pregnancy (I am convincec that this could be my problem) He has eventually agreed to start me on this when pregnant although we now disagree when it should be started i think it needs to be from first positive line, he thinks at 7 weeks, hmmm what do you all think?

Also my Husband and I have now decide to go private down to Prof Lesley Regan in London and see what she can offer us. This is only because we are at the point of, how many more can we take? Will this ever happen for us? :shrug: I live in Hope.
PHEW!! That was long ladies sorry just wanted to introduce me and my story
CLaire x :kiss:

Oh I forgot to add that I Have been on 75mg aspirin and 5mg folic acid for 2 years now xx

mrsm welcome to pop in. i think it should be given as soon we find out we get pregnant like you.

on another note why steroids is given for sticky blood ladies if anyone can help me on this one?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->