Recurrent Miscarriage Thread

LeeC: here in Bermuda I get mix messages about if the other ovary picking up the eggies too. I called and spoke to five doctors and two said yes its possible but couldn’t provide me further details to look it up and three said its impossible…totally confusing but never the less if it does or doesn’t I don’t want to waste money with an IUI (they are $300 each squirt) if I am not ovulating from the right side…I don’t want to take any chances.

Talvikki: sorry for your lost hun. good luck on the next :bfp: I hope all goes well…:dust:

Filipenko32: thanks for the link…it was very informative.

Wow you ladies are full of information! This forum is like the learning channel on cable. I want to thank you so much as I am still new with this sticky blood thingy (lupus anticoagulant) or the many many names it has. Thursday I should have a loads of questions about this for my fs…he is really going to hate me now…but then again who cares I am paying him so he is going to give me what I need and no BS if you know what I mean.

Davies, sorry to hear about your disappointing appointment! I was expecting more from them! For the record, I've had the hsg and laparoscopy too, since my hsg was inconclusive. My doc now is for empirical therapy instead of more testing. I guess in the end, you have your local doc who is willing to try meds, that's a positive! Big hug!

Hopeful, I have a tilted uterus as well!

Davies, it would definitely be good if you got the the rest of the immunology bloods done. It costs privately around £700, but if you go through NHS to Shehata maybe it is for free?

Can you be referred to sheheta through the nhs? Where's he based etc? X

He's at Epsom & St Helier. The waiting list is long so get started on the referal as soon as possible...

I need to let off some steam here, talk about the NHS being utterly useless

I seen my doctor a couple of weeks ago to get referred to the recurrent miscarriage clinic. My midwife has today sent me a nice text to say she is sorry i have miscarried again. In my reply i asked her to double check if my referral has been sent off. She couldn't see that it had so i have rang the doctors to check and they can't see that it has, the secretary hasn't had anything to send off and the doctor isn't there again till next week

Me being impatient to the max decides to ring the recurrent miscarriage clinic and no they haven't got anything come through as yet. She then tells me at the moment their earliest appt is December and then the results will be 10 weeks.

That totally sucks, i can't believe i have to wait till Feb before i can TTC again. it took me seven months to get pregnant with the 3rd pregnancy

The gynae unit tell me that i can try after i have had my bloods taken i don't have to wait till the results. Say if i am lucky and get pregnant quickly, i won't have my results through and the same may happen again

I am well and truly pissed off today

Good job Prof Quenby said she was happy to do the progesterone and blood clotting tests etc when i have the NK cells test, not sure if she is going to charge me though. Does anyone know if there will be a cost?

I need to let off some steam here, talk about the NHS being utterly useless

I seen my doctor a couple of weeks ago to get referred to the recurrent miscarriage clinic. My midwife has today sent me a nice text to say she is sorry i have miscarried again. In my reply i asked her to double check if my referral has been sent off. She couldn't see that it had so i have rang the doctors to check and they can't see that it has, the secretary hasn't had anything to send off and the doctor isn't there again till next week

Me being impatient to the max decides to ring the recurrent miscarriage clinic and no they haven't got anything come through as yet. She then tells me at the moment their earliest appt is December and then the results will be 10 weeks.

That totally sucks, i can't believe i have to wait till Feb before i can TTC again. it took me seven months to get pregnant with the 3rd pregnancy

The gynae unit tell me that i can try after i have had my bloods taken i don't have to wait till the results. Say if i am lucky and get pregnant quickly, i won't have my results through and the same may happen again

I am well and truly pissed off today

Good job Prof Quenby said she was happy to do the progesterone and blood clotting tests etc when i have the NK cells test, not sure if she is going to charge me though. Does anyone know if there will be a cost?

I am so sorry for what you are experiencing. I wish things could be different. I live in Bermuda so I not sure where you all are from...sorry I wish i can help. I didn't want to read this and not post anything..
:blush: Praying things will go right for you really soon.:hugs:

Hope, I am fed up with the NHS too! They are compassionate but they don't do much. Basically they just treat the symptoms (do the D&C) and not the cause which is so wrong! I'm hoping that in my next visit they refer me to S., but my Ob Gyn smirks at me every time I talk about NK cells so let's see how it goes this time!

Loads of luck with the referral x

Hope, from what I've read on here Prof Quenby is good at replying to emails and phone calls so why don't you ask about the costs? Do you have an NHS referral? If yes, I would expect all the costs of tests to be covered but definitely check.

I'm all on the case today. Apparently, my straining to urinate recently is not normal and I should avoid straining if at all possible! I've strained until my stomach ached! Oh-oh... :(
They also advised me to go see my GP so that's what I'll be organising tomorrow...

Hope, from what I've read on here Prof Quenby is good at replying to emails and phone calls so why don't you ask about the costs? Do you have an NHS referral? If yes, I would expect all the costs of tests to be covered but definitely check.

I'm all on the case today. Apparently, my straining to urinate recently is not normal and I should avoid straining if at all possible! I've strained until my stomach ached! Oh-oh... :(
They also advised me to go see my GP so that's what I'll be organising tomorrow...

The recurrent miscarriage clinic haven't referred me to Prof Quenby, i not even got an appt with them yet. Even though i am seeing Quenby i figured i would need to see the recurrent m/c team too.

I have a letter from my doctor along with a copy of my medical record. I emailed Prof Quenby direct about the NK cells test and in my email i asked her if she did the other tests (blood clotting, genetic bloods and progesterone) or would she advise that i maybe need to have them done first or is this something she can do?

She emailed me back to say yes she was happy to do these, that was it, nothing else in the email and no mention of costs

My doc have told me that i need to wait for my hormones to settle down yet i am going to see Quenby as soon as i ovulate. Does anyone know if i will get accurate results or should i wait a cycle?

Thanks everyone

Hope, I've usually been advised to wait 6 weeks after each loss before having any blood tests or follow-up appointments.

Why don't you email Prof Quenby back and ask for more information?

You could also approach your GP to start running your clotting tests for you (as long as you are 6 weeks past your loss). You might be lucky and get them done locally. The results take an age and a day to come in (something to do with the process of the genetic tests, I believe) so whichever way you go won't be very fast.

Hope, I've usually been advised to wait 6 weeks after each loss before having any blood tests or follow-up appointments.

Why don't you email Prof Quenby back and ask for more information?

You could also approach your GP to start running your clotting tests for you (as long as you are 6 weeks past your loss). You might be lucky and get them done locally. The results take an age and a day to come in (something to do with the process of the genetic tests, I believe) so whichever way you go won't be very fast.

Thanks Petitpas, i am at doc's tomorrow to get my thyroid and auto immune results so will ask the question.

It is driving me made not doing anything and just waiting for an appt

Hi ladies sorry but I am losing the plot today, can anyone remind me why I should be positive I just can't get my head around 3 mc's no children and will i ever get there? :cry: :cry:

Filipenko, a LOT of ladies have three m/cs and are successful after!
You are getting all the tests and all the treatment - you are no longer acting solo. It'll work out, I'm sure of it :hugs:

Hi ladies sorry but I am losing the plot today, can anyone remind me why I should be positive I just can't get my head around 3 mc's no children and will i ever get there? :cry: :cry:

you will get there, whilst it's hard to see it now you have to have faith that you will get your baby. We had 5 mcs and now I'm 39 weeks waiting for my baby to arrive I didn't think I would ever get to this point and now I have so it can happen :hugs: BTW it took us over two years to get to this point and we went through RMC testing this time last year at St Mary's.

SNAP!!

I feel the same, i feel like i won't be able to start trying again till March 2012, i first got pregnant March 2010

:cry::cry::cry:

you will get there, whilst it's hard to see it now you have to have faith that you will get your baby. We had 5 mcs and now I'm 39 weeks waiting for my baby to arrive I didn't think I would ever get to this point and now I have so it can happen :hugs: BTW it took us over two years to get to this point and we went through RMC testing this time last year at St Mary's.

Rabbittchild - that is one beautiful success story...that gives me hope that yes i have had three mc i know and I feel it in my bone that one day i will have an happy ending. Fili and Hope, sweeties please don't give up...its hard to say then doing i know i had my share of let downs month after month pregnancies after pregnancies but I have to continue to move forward and keep the faith...:hugs:

Thanks ladies, I am just having a really really bad day and my sister is always ringing me up to see how I am and she has two wonderful children who she has the most amazing time with. It just make s me realise more what i'm missing.
Rabittchild did they ever find a reason for your losses?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->