Recurrent Miscarriage Thread

Hi Davies

I have read somewhere that the Endo test is better than the blood test

Can't remember why exactly, i think it may give a more accurate result

i have read that much info the last 2 weeks i am struggling to retain it all

I am sure someone will come along soon that can tell you why exactly
xx

Hi Pip. Yep all clear. Everything so far has been normal. Like you I only take the aspirin and cyclogest as a just in case measure plus I think I mentioned in an earlier post my psych thought it was worth a try for pmdd.
I'm hoping my NK cells are elevated otherwise I don't know what other tests/options are open to me. This is one of my questions for Shehata.
The only problem I ever had was a cyst on my right ovary discovered at a scan following on from one of my mc's, they said to see what happened as didn't want to treat with hormones as we were actively TTC.
Funnily enough I had my ectopic in my right tube in my subsequent pg, not sure if there would be any connection.
Apart from this I am bright eyed and bushy tailed and apparently just very unlucky, hmmm. I think not.
Thanks for your earlier posts. Very informative as usual.
Hope you are well. Is the pred still disguising any symptoms?
x

Yeah, bright eyed and bushy tailed! Nice one :winkwink:

I hope all goes well with your appointment, I really do. Here's to them finding something to fix :hugs:

I saw Mr S this evening, btw. Yes, the man himself! :haha: He has asked me to reduce my aspirin to just 75mg/day. I'm staying on double heparin, though. For anyone who thinks they can ask for that - I'm a really bad clotter, really bad as in all over my lungs and as far as I know I am the only person on this unusual dose. I don't say that to brag but I've been having unusual blood results and I'm told I'm clearly out of the norm so not something others should base their treatment plan on.

I dont no whether to do sheteta or quenby? Sheheta has quoted £200consukation fee an £300 for nk cell test! Quenby £260 for consultation an test endo test!! Confused! Xx

Hi all, I'm feeling pulled back to this thread after lurking and taking time off. I hope you remember me. My last loss was my 4th and an ectopic where I lost my right tube. As I've lurked recently, I've read so many similarities to my own current situation. I just turned 37 last week and still have no children to show for it. Even though I've been pregnant 4 times, my doctor wants to fast track the next pregnancy due to my age. So, we're going to start IUI as soon as my next cycle starts which should be in less than 2 weeks.

I had never heard that one tube could pick up an egg from the opposite side until you all started talking about it. I googled it and found this. An interesting read. It sounds like the topic is still up for debate, but this gave me some hope. I asked my doctor about doing IUI with one tube and she said they could see which side I would get the dominant follicle on before they did the insemination. I don't think she'll inseminate if my egg is dominant on my right side. So, I'm not sure she buys into the theory that the egg can be picked up by the opposite tube. :dohh:

I feel like I'm not coping well these days. I started seeing a therapist who specializes in pregnancy loss, but honestly, I'm not sure if it is helping. I'm going to keep at it for a little while, but at $140 a session, I can't afford it for very long.

If I get pregnant from IUI and lose another one, they are going to test the tissue. If it is normal, they will assume the adenomyosis in my uterus is causing the losses. That will be the end of the road for us and we will move to surrogacy. I'm not a candidate for IVF because of the adenomyosis. Who knows why I had an ectopic. My HSG was clear! If I have another loss and the tissue shows any chromosomal abnormalities, we will keep trying.

I find myself being angry all the time. I find myself being irritable and sad too. I don't know anyone except you ladies who has been through recurrent losses. I have a hard time socializing. Most of my friends are pregnant or have babies. I feel so alone. I realized that I need to have some women in my life who understand me. You all fit the bill. So, I'm back.

Whoa, as I was writing this, I felt a pretty big earthquake! Maybe it is a sign? Maybe not, I am in San Francisco after all!

Heart I remember you from march mummies 2010. That was my first angel :(

I do have three living children for which I am so grateful so I don't identify with that aspect but I totally am with you when you describe your loneliness and frustration. I find myself constantly irritable and very sad. I have lost my best friend due to me not being able to handle her successful pregnancy and her not knowing how to support me through three losses.

I really hope you become a mummy very soon. From everything I've read from you I can tell you will make a wonderful mummy :hug:

Heart tree, I remember you! I hope the earthquake is a sign and I for one will be keeping my fingers firmly crossed that the next one sticks for you :hugs:

QUOTE]

35 smiling - RE has me do BD night of trigger (are you doing a trigger shot)? then IUI 36 hours later, then BD day after IUI - i've had 2 iuis now and didn't get to do the BD after iui both times (dh was sick this last time) but we did do it night of trigger. /QUOTE]

No i am not doing the trigger. but we will just :sex: do the IUI then :sex: again and again and again...

Well i have just got back from the doctors as they wanted to discuss my blood tests that they did last week

I have an underactive thyroid and have been prescribed Levothyroxine (25mcg),

My TSH level is 9.27miu/L

Some lovely lady on these forums suggested i had a thryoid test, i would never have thought to ask for one myself

:happydance:

I'm so glad you got that tested! I hope this is the answer to your losses as it is an easy fix.

I'm starting IUI and my TSH was 2.61. They put me on 50mcg of Levothyroxine because even though my TSH is normal, they like to see it under 2.5 for IUI. I started taking it 2 days ago. So far so good.

davies - i think you should do iui with clomid, clomid can cause hostile cervical mucous and block the sperm. i think that was happening to me as i did 3 rounds of clomid and only with the 3rd round i did an iui too and got bfp (ended up in 4th m/c) but still...

(my other theory is that with my tipped uterus it's hard to get sperm way up there so maybe the iui is good for that too).

heart - i feel the same as you! it took some time after the 4th m/c (i don't have kids yet either and am 36) but i can finally look at kids and pregnant women w/o crying (just for a little bit, then i look away). but, in a weak moment, i won't look at them AT ALL and those people must think i'm really mean as i completely turn my head from them. if they only knew what it felt like to not have any and have lost so many. i love going to costco but hate seeing all the families that go there, makes me really sad. i really wish there was a good tv channel and a store where kids and pregnant women weren't allowed for a day, so we can just get a break for once. is that mean? that's what this has made me become...pretty bitter.
anyway - i'm trying to get over the bitter part with the hope that we will have children one day

and i rarely talk to my friends too because all they talk about is their kids...i don't even think they realize it, but 90% of what they say has to do with them.

Pip, congratulations, by the way. I'm so excited for you!

Embo, I remember you from March Mummies too. That was my 3rd angel. Sorry you have to join this thread.

Hopeful, you just spoke my mind. Bitter is a good word. I hate that feeling too. I don't cry every time I see pregnant women anymore, but I certainly shoot evil looks and walk by very quickly. And I agree, pregnancy and children are EVERYWHERE! I prefer to stay home because it is safer. But even so, you can get blindsided by a TV show or even a commercial. I found that going to Target at 8pm was the only time I could go.

I went to wine country last weekend to celebrate my birthday and you would think at wineries there wouldn't be anything pregnancy related. We stopped at our first one and the woman pouring the wine was pregnant. We went last year on mother's day and the woman pouring the wine asked me if I was a mother. I nearly lost it. She said they were giving free tastings to mothers. My husband quickly jumped in and said I was a mother. Needless to say, I cried that day.

It's interesting that you mention Clomid causing hostile mucus. I did Femara for 3 cycles without IUI and didn't get pregnant. I wonder if it did the same thing. All 4 of my pregnancies were natural and I produce very little ewcm. I wonder if the Femara dried up the little amount that I did produce. With my IUI cycle I'm doing Femara again, but obviously I won't have to worry about it causing hostile CM.

Earthquake #2 just happened today! God, I'll never get used to them. Luckily they were relatively small, but felt huge!

After 14 losses I am almost 6 weeks and I hate that many of my friends can not support me at this time.

Davies. I got my referrals to Quenby and Shehata from my gp. Quenby is wonderful, it's only because I mc'd again taking the steroids from BFP that I have decided to see Shehata as an absolute last ditch attempt to get my baby.
After this I'm pretty frightened to say it, but we are done with this nightmare.

Heart Tree, hello. I remember your story as we both lost our right tubes due to ectopics.

9 babies. Congratulations, praying this baby is well and truly sticky and hopefully your friends will start to support you, this is when you need them most.

I also wanted to say that my little furry baby Suzi, has made a complete recovery after her operation a couple of weeks ago, the vet removed one of her entire mammaries and called just now to say all biopsy results are clear.
I am so happy. It's a joy to see my 2 little pooches running around daft with each other again.

Miracles can happen. Thank you to everyone for your kind words and wishes xxx

Big kiss to Suzi :kiss:
Our furbabies are so important in helping us through this.

Yep I agree, dont know what I'd do without my furbaby...always full of love and affection when we need it. Lee thats great news about your dog, you would have been worried sick about it all x

Hi ladies, I'm feeling a lot more hopeful today, sorry to have brought the thread down the other day!

LeeC - glad to read about your dog. :hugs:

Heart tree - i was moved to tears to read your story about the winery, I'm so sorry that must have been tough. Sometimes it seems like babies and baby questions are planted (like off the Truman Show) just to make us sadder! And with regards to your other question, re clomid I wonder if Preseed will help you or something like that if you ever do without IUI again? I've never experienced an earthquake - wow, but going through a permanent one emotionally!!

You brought a tear to my eye too heart. I just can't begin to imagine. Lots of [[[[hugs]]]]

My fur babies Oscar and Felix have been my lifesavers through my losses. I struggled to communicate with people about how I was feeling but with my furbabies I was free to say anything. They didn't judge me or say the wrong thing and I didn't have to worry about making them uncomfortable or upset. Our Oscar almost died due to kidney problems but our amazing vet pulled him through. People don't understand why we paid so much for the veterinary fees. I don't even try to explain why!

Oh I wish I could have a fur baby! We rent our house and our landlord won't allow it. Some day we'll get a dog though. They are such a huge part of a family. Lee, I'm happy to hear about Suzi! I hope this next pregnancy is yours to keep. I know what you mean about feeling "done." There is only so much one person can take. :hugs:

Filipenko, I used Preseed for all 4 of my pregnancies. Sometimes I wonder if the preseed made it easier for the bad sperm to make their way to the egg. Who knows? You are spot on. It does feel like all things baby related are planted! I never thought of it that way, but that's exactly how it feels! And yes, this is a permanent earthquake we are all going through.

9babies, congrats. I'm not sure why your friends can't support you. I hope they come around, you need it right now. xoxo

Hi heart tree, i can help you with that. I DIDN'T use preseed for 1st preg which ended in mc despite getting pregnant as soon as we tried. I did use it for 2nd and 3rd pregnancies,still got pregnant first cycle we tried, still ended in mc. I think that my eggs must be ok if they 'take off' quickly. However my husband's morphology is only 3% meaning 97%... 97%(!!!) of his :spermy: are freaky and this mainly is in the heads where the DNA is. He has a very high sperm count but still basic maths tells me these abnormal sperms are fertilising my golden eggs! However we asked an fs and he said sperms are usually normal if they fertilise but do account for approx 15% of losses. He was a man though! I'm not convinced, are you? Surely it's 50/50! Do you get pregnant quickly? Like in 1-2 months? x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->