Recurrent Miscarriage Thread

Blood test negative and bleeding now so no 3rd time lucky for me :cry: devastated :cry:

Not sure about testing tet but if I did get progesterone test would it still be day 21 if I'm on a 25 day cycle?

Well I've just registered to the promise trial so I just got to wait for the nurse to phone back to see if I'm eligible. I was wondering if anybody has done this trial xx
Mrskg Iam so sorry xxxxx

Big hugs, Mrs :hugs: If you have a shorter cycle it might be a good idea to try temping to see when you ovulate and how long your luteal phase (from ovulation to af) is. This is something you can do on your own without seeing a doctor. You can start it right away at any time of your cycle but just know that your first cycle after a loss might be a bit off.

Cla, the PROMISE trial is a medical trial that is looking at whether giving progesterone to recurrent miscarriers is effective. I'm about to run out of the door so hopefully someone else can put up a link to some information?

Mrs. Miggins: Hello there. I sorry we have to meet this way. I am sorry for your loss. I hope your not going to be here long and gone ahead more kids to add to your family. :hugs: :dust:

Daviess3: hi hun I am hanging in there. Saturday did the IUI and took the progesterone as the fs ordered before going to bed. Did some research and was told NOT to take progesterone before ovulate because it makes the body think its pregnant and stop the ovulation process:growlmad:…came on here and thank goodness for “heart tree” for getting me back on track. :hugs: I’ve stopped taking the progesterone and have been :sex: Sunday and and this morning…also get a little in before we go sleep tonight hee hee (if I didn’t burn hubby out…:haha:but I am willing to do the work :rofl:). I will start the progesterone tomorrow morning :happydance:for the next 14 days and continue to take the 81mg baby aspirins and prenatals. :thumbup: So far I am on the right track! (Gods Willing). :wohoo:

Embo78 :hi: Morning! How are you today?

Cla: I hope your test comes back with the answers you need. I feel demanding for things that you truly believe in are not wrong. At the end of the day you know your body…and you are paying them for their services. Their duty is to hear you make recommendations. Doing a progesterone will not hurt you so I don’t understand why they are brushing you off on this. Good luck hun. :hugs:

Petitpas: Thanks hun I need that. I still have trust in him but we all make mistakes I am thinking. I did call them this morning and all is good. He felt it was still okay but I said I feel its best I wait till Tuesday Oct. 25 to start on it. At the end of the day its my body and I want to make sure I get a fair chance this cycle.

Bellamamma: have a good trip to the family. Good luck ttc here some :dust:

Bumpyplease: :hugs:I am sorry for your loss. I do wish you well on the next test. :dust:

Mrskg: I am so sorry hun. :hugs:

Hello ladies...I've been a stranger around here for a LONG time. I had to ban myself completely from the site and anything that would make me even think about TTC. I actually think it helped somewhat, almost too much, because now that we are getting ready for our one last try, I don't want to. Well, more like I am scared to. I finally feel a little better emotionally, physically, mentally and I am scared to think it could all go down the tubes again.

For those that don't know- I have had 7 miscarriages, along with every test under the sun. I am Homozygous MTHFR and about 6 months ago on an ultrasound report it said suspected adenomyosis. I haven't even talked to the doctor since that report was done, so I really have no clue how bad it is, where it is, etc.... I also have only one tube due to an ectopic pregnancy.

This time around they are trying something new- hopefully to get a mature egg to release, but I really think it's more of a problem with the quality of my eggs since I am about to be 39. I read a while back about royal jelly helping with egg quality so I have been taking that, but who really knows. I am going to be using Follistim and Ovidrel this cycle in addition to everything else (progesterone, aspirin, heparin, etc). Going tomorrow for CD3 bloodwork and ultrasound.

I am rambling, but I just needed to get it out somewhere that I am scared to death to do all this again. I am so sorry that I came back to find more ladies joining this thread. Makes my heart hurt.

Anyway- I am going to be joining you all again on the thread if you don't mind. You are the only support I have since no one in my day to day life have even had one miscarriage, much less multiples.

35 - heart is right - they squirt the sperm way up there so i wouldn't be too worried about it, plus i think it takes a little while for the progesterone to build up.

new girls - sorry for your losses!

everyone - what do you think about ivf? my RE didn't really think it would help me w/4 losses before heartbeats because my body would probably reject ivf embies too.
have anyone ever looked into or discussed it with their RE?

welcome amos! just posted mine and then saw your post. i'm 36, had 4 m/cs and no kids yet, life sucks really bad but what can we do...
i did follistim and ovidrel last cycle, only had 1 follie (i ovulate normally on my own but they are hoping the meds just give me a better chance as i'm unexplained rpl)

i'm doing follistim, menopur and ganirelix next cycle for stims (along w/all the other bs), prog, folic acid (actual l-methylfolate - i take metanx and neevo dha - used to take just folic acid), etc. i'm hetero mthfr a1298c

good luck with this cycle! i'm CD2 today and go for u/s and b/w tomorrow. they don't think it's my egg quality but how would they know? my FSH is great but that's only the reserve info, not quality.
i don't anyone but you girls and a few on another forum that have had only many m/cs and no children - what a horrible fate we have so far - this can't be what our lives are supposed to be in the future. there is no way.

Amos sorry about your losses and welcome back xx

Hi Amos. This is the only place I too know I'm understood. I also don't have anybody IRL that has suffered multiple miscarriages.
I took a break from bnb after my last (and third) loss. I had to. I just couldn't face it head on. 4 months later I'm back and trying to get my strength up for the next try.
Just wanted to say hi really and say that I hope that you get your forever baby very soon. You really deserve it :hugs:

Hi ladies, you all need to read this as Poodlemummy's story really lifted my spirits today so hope it does the same for you
https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnan...living-children-12-weeks-pregnant-keeper.html

Hello ladies...I've been a stranger around here for a LONG time. I had to ban myself completely from the site and anything that would make me even think about TTC. I actually think it helped somewhat, almost too much, because now that we are getting ready for our one last try, I don't want to. Well, more like I am scared to. I finally feel a little better emotionally, physically, mentally and I am scared to think it could all go down the tubes again.

For those that don't know- I have had 7 miscarriages, along with every test under the sun. I am Homozygous MTHFR and about 6 months ago on an ultrasound report it said suspected adenomyosis. I haven't even talked to the doctor since that report was done, so I really have no clue how bad it is, where it is, etc.... I also have only one tube due to an ectopic pregnancy.

This time around they are trying something new- hopefully to get a mature egg to release, but I really think it's more of a problem with the quality of my eggs since I am about to be 39. I read a while back about royal jelly helping with egg quality so I have been taking that, but who really knows. I am going to be using Follistim and Ovidrel this cycle in addition to everything else (progesterone, aspirin, heparin, etc). Going tomorrow for CD3 bloodwork and ultrasound.

I am rambling, but I just needed to get it out somewhere that I am scared to death to do all this again. I am so sorry that I came back to find more ladies joining this thread. Makes my heart hurt.

Anyway- I am going to be joining you all again on the thread if you don't mind. You are the only support I have since no one in my day to day life have even had one miscarriage, much less multiples.

Hi Amos, welcome and so so sorry you are going through all this too. Please don't give up, you will get there it's just an incredibly bumpy road we're all travelling. Have you actually had the egg quality test (fsh etc) There is another lady on here with adenomyosis (heart tree)

35 - heart is right - they squirt the sperm way up there so i wouldn't be too worried about it, plus i think it takes a little while for the progesterone to build up.

everyone - what do you think about ivf? my RE didn't really think it would help me w/4 losses before heartbeats because my body would probably reject ivf embies too.

welcome amos! just posted mine and then saw your post. i'm 36, had 4 m/cs and no kids yet, life sucks really bad but what can we do...
i did follistim and ovidrel last cycle, only had 1 follie (i ovulate normally on my own but they are hoping the meds just give me a better chance as i'm unexplained rpl)

i'm doing follistim, menopur and ganirelix next cycle for stims (along w/all the other bs), prog, folic acid (actual l-methylfolate - i take metanx and neevo dha - used to take just folic acid), etc. i'm hetero mthfr a1298c

good luck with this cycle! i'm CD2 today and go for u/s and b/w tomorrow. they don't think it's my egg quality but how would they know? my FSH is great but that's only the reserve info, not quality.
i don't anyone but you girls and a few on another forum that have had only many m/cs and no children - what a horrible fate we have so far - this can't be what our lives are supposed to be in the future. there is no way.

Hi Hopeful, you mustn't give up hope, you will have your baby avatar picture on here in a year's time I just know it. :cloud9: With regards to IVF me and my DH asked our RE / Obgyn and he said absolutely not. However we specifically asked about pre implantation genetic diagnosis or screening. IVF will definitely not help you on its own - i know that for sure but PGD with IVF is a still a long term possibility for me and my DH. Our RE said "No way, not all the chromosomes are tested so you could still miscarry / not worth it". For us, this is only an option if we keep getting the fetus tested after a d&c and it keeps coming back abnormal (you know the chromosome analysis) but we don't even have the results back for one mc yet so how could we generalise that it was a chromosome defect for all of them? We are forced to give it another go naturally as we will nver know about mc 1 and 2. When we spoke to Bridge Feritlity clinic in London they said PGS / PGD would help us and they do test ALL the chromosomes before implantation. However our RE said we have a 70% chance of carrying a baby to full term naturally. What to do:shrug::shrug:?? Even with IVF / PGD I would still do the blood thinning meds on top to be sure but... well, it's sooo expensive for one thing (8K) and if we have a 70% chance naturally... It's just a case of how many more mc's and anyway the IVF might not work first time. They recommend preparing for 3 goes (24K) when it all might have worked naturally!!?? I am going to check on ebay to see if i can just bid for a :baby:... much easier I think! x

Hi Hopeful, you mustn't give up hope, you will have your baby avatar picture on here in a year's time I just know it. :cloud9: With regards to IVF me and my DH asked our RE / Obgyn and he said absolutely not. However we specifically asked about pre implantation genetic diagnosis or screening. IVF will definitely not help you on its own - i know that for sure but PGD with IVF is a still a long term possibility for me and my DH. Our RE said "No way, not all the chromosomes are tested so you could still miscarry / not worth it". For us, this is only an option if we keep getting the fetus tested after a d&c and it keeps coming back abnormal (you know the chromosome analysis) but we don't even have the results back for one mc yet so how could we generalise that it was a chromosome defect for all of them? We are forced to give it another go naturally as we will nver know about mc 1 and 2. When we spoke to Bridge Feritlity clinic in London they said PGS / PGD would help us and they do test ALL the chromosomes before implantation. However our RE said we have a 70% chance of carrying a baby to full term naturally. What to do:shrug::shrug:?? Even with IVF / PGD I would still do the blood thinning meds on top to be sure but... well, it's sooo expensive for one thing (8K) and if we have a 70% chance naturally... It's just a case of how many more mc's and anyway the IVF might not work first time. They recommend preparing for 3 goes (24K) when it all might have worked naturally!!?? I am going to check on ebay to see if i can just bid for a :baby:... much easier I think! x

that is funny - about ebay - i've asked people to give me their babies...

yeah but they're usually not too willing to part with them! I often 'kidnap' my gorgeous 3 and half year old nephew for the day and spoil him rotten even though it's a 6 hour round trip to see him. As I was leaving the other day he ran up to me with his arms outstretched and said: Don't go aunty mel! followed by a big neck hug and kisses. I hated my DH for days after for making me live in London. I was HEATBROKEN all the way home. :cry:

do you know what poodle did to get pregnant and keep it? I posted asking her but wondering if you know? thank you for sharing her post!

do you know what poodle did to get pregnant and keep it? I posted asking her but wondering if you know? thank you for sharing her post!

YEAH, HERE YOU GO, POODLEMOMMY POSTED ON MY ASPIRIN QUESTION THREAD AND THIS IS WHAT SHE SAID:- THE 1ST BIT IS IN RESPONSE TO SOMEONES POST ABOUT ASPIRIN :coffee:

"Hi there... you're confused as to what kind of miscarriage aspirin is meant to prevent. What you are describing is a chromosome defect, which happens at conception and neither aspirin nor anything else can prevent.

Low-dose aspirin is sometimes prescribed by RE's to prevent a completely different kind of miscarriage... for women who have clotting disorders. Clotting disorders (or even overly thick blood) cause blood flow and nutrients to be cut off, killing a perfectly healthy baby. Baby aspirin is a very simple, safe way to prevent that specific problem. In that case, when the baby is chromosomally healthy, you'd better believe that low-dose aspirin can save that baby's life!

You don't have a clotting disorder, so you shouldn't take low-dose aspirin during pregnancy. But it's irresponsible and quite wrong to make a blanket statement that aspirin won't prevent a miscarriage, because for women with clotting disorders, baby aspirin can be the life-or-death difference.

Now, as for my answers to the OP's survey:

Ever taken aspirin before? / outcome of pregnancy?: Yes, for this pregnancy and two prior pregnancies... the previous two resulted in miscarriage, but that is because they had chromosome issues, nothing to do with aspirin

Pregnant now? / Weeks? Yes - 12w3d

Taking aspirin for present pregnancy? I did, but stopped at 12 weeks on doctor's orders

If taking aspirin now what dose, when did you start taking it, when do you stop taking it on a BFN cycle? I was taking 81mg from the beginning.

Any successful pregnancies where you took aspirin? This one, so far!

Any bad things you know of about taking aspirin in pregnancy? Only what I've heard about it possibly hindering implantation, but I've also read the exact opposite - that it helps with implantation. Also, I wouldn't take it anytime near delivery.

Any more treatments during pregnancy? progesterone and metformin

Any diagnosed reason for taking aspirin? hetero MTHFR

Jules
6 miscarriages
Aug 24, 2011: EDD May 3, 2012
Sept 16, 2011: 7-week ultrasound: baby 9.3mm, heartbeat 145!
Sept 28, 2011 8w6d u/s: baby 2cm, heartbeat 167!
Oct 6, 2011: heard heartbeat on Doppler! 168 bmp. It's a REAL, LIVE BABY!!!

Hi Amos :wave: It's nice to see you made it back. I hope you don't have to stay in this thread for too long - you have been through enough already :hugs:

I take it your insurance has finally kicked in now? That must be such a relief what with all the stuff we are taking. Right now I am on progesterone, aspirin, heparin, pregnacare plus omega 3, vitamin D, extra folic acid and steroids! Ouf, what a list!

ha ha my ttc vitamin list is getting long! I need to add to it. What kind of fish oil do recommend?

fili - i was expecting her to be on much more stuff - just aspirin/preg/metformin? lucky! so glad that little amount of meds worked for her! I read metformin is for people with PCOS

I was thinking the same cla. I know the benefits for when you're pregnant but what are the benefits while ttc?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->