Recurrent Miscarriage Thread

Well fish oil is generally good for you anyway and pregnancy, but in large doses it can supress the immune system apparently which is good for ttc and implantation as you don't want your body to attack the pregnancy. Some ladies take this in large doses as they have been diagnosed with a too high an immune response to pregnacy causing mc's. However, if you take the wrong fish oil (correct me if im wrong anyone) it can contain too much mercury e.g. cod liver oil as the name would suggest is made from cods' livers. Liver filters blood so you got a lot of nasties in there too and metal elements which are not good for ttc / implantation and pregnancy people like us. That's why i want to know which type. Hope that makes sense!

Hello ladies...I've been a stranger around here for a LONG time. I had to ban myself completely from the site and anything that would make me even think about TTC. I actually think it helped somewhat, almost too much, because now that we are getting ready for our one last try, I don't want to. Well, more like I am scared to. I finally feel a little better emotionally, physically, mentally and I am scared to think it could all go down the tubes again.

For those that don't know- I have had 7 miscarriages, along with every test under the sun. I am Homozygous MTHFR and about 6 months ago on an ultrasound report it said suspected adenomyosis. I haven't even talked to the doctor since that report was done, so I really have no clue how bad it is, where it is, etc.... I also have only one tube due to an ectopic pregnancy.

This time around they are trying something new- hopefully to get a mature egg to release, but I really think it's more of a problem with the quality of my eggs since I am about to be 39. I read a while back about royal jelly helping with egg quality so I have been taking that, but who really knows. I am going to be using Follistim and Ovidrel this cycle in addition to everything else (progesterone, aspirin, heparin, etc). Going tomorrow for CD3 bloodwork and ultrasound.

I am rambling, but I just needed to get it out somewhere that I am scared to death to do all this again. I am so sorry that I came back to find more ladies joining this thread. Makes my heart hurt.

Anyway- I am going to be joining you all again on the thread if you don't mind. You are the only support I have since no one in my day to day life have even had one miscarriage, much less multiples.

Hi doll, good to see you back here. I just came back after a long break too. We have so much in common. I was diagnosed with adenomyosis after they saw something weird on my HSG and then made me get an MRI. You should try to push for an MRI since ultrasound really can't diagnose it. I also have one tube (lost it this July along with the ecotopic - my 4th pregnancy). I just turned 37. We're kind of at the end of the road too. If I were younger, I would take at least a year off from this. I really don't want to move forward. I'm terrified and dreading doing this again. But, like you, age is not on our side. We're going to do our first attempt at IUI next cycle to "fast track" our next pregnancy. My doctor wants to test the tissue if I lose the next one because if it is chromosomally normal, they will assume it is the adenomyosis that is causing the losses and we'll move on to surrogacy. If it is abnormal, we'll keep trying naturally a little longer.

I just started seeing a therapist because I feel so isolated. Like you, I don't know anyone in my life who has been through this and I needed a sounding board. It is why I also decided to come back to this site, especially this thread.

If you want any information about adenomyosis, please let me know. I was diagnosed a year ago and have researched it quite a bit.

xoxo ~ Amanda

fili - i was expecting her to be on much more stuff - just aspirin/preg/metformin? lucky! so glad that little amount of meds worked for her! I read metformin is for people with PCOS

Yeah, it's good isn't it? I know metformin is for thyroid and PCOS so not sure about that one but maybe we shouldn't all rush out and get it! Having said that my list of suppliments and allsorts of weird and wonderful concoctions is getting very long and drawn out. COQ10 being one of them and I still don't know what that vitamin is supposed to do!! I feel like an old person with one of those plastic trays with days on it so they know whch tablets to take and when. So pleased for poodle though, she's such a nice lady. If someone told me to take 3 orange jelly babies a day with a sprinkle of 100's and 1000's i'd do that and believed it worked! I ordered 2kg of yam the other day. Yes, yam from an African foods website because apparently...wait for it... people in Nigeria have a higher perceptage of twins than anywhere else in the world and it's supposed to be because they eat a lot of yam. I want twins as I figure I am owed some babie back! :baby::baby:

But i know i'll be like this in 5 minutes:

Hmmmmm...Wonder if i should... yes, where I can by metaformin from... :dohh:

Well fish oil is generally good for you anyway and pregnancy, but in large doses it can supress the immune system apparently which is good for ttc and implantation as you don't want your body to attack the pregnancy. Some ladies take this in large doses as they have been diagnosed with a too high an immune response to pregnacy causing mc's. However, if you take the wrong fish oil (correct me if im wrong anyone) it can contain too much mercury e.g. cod liver oil as the name would suggest is made from cods' livers. Liver filters blood so you got a lot of nasties in there too and metal elements which are not good for ttc / implantation and pregnancy people like us. That's why i want to know which type. Hope that makes sense!

That's really good to know. My first set of bloods showed up positive for anti-nuclear antibodies so fish oil would be great for me. I've noticed that Pregnacare Plus now have the regular vitamin pill and a fish oil supplement. Is this ok to take when ttc? They're 3 for 2 at boots at the mo. I love a good bargain!!

That's really good to know. My first set of bloods showed up positive for anti-nuclear antibodies so fish oil would be great for me. I've noticed that Pregnacare Plus now have the regular vitamin pill and a fish oil supplement. Is this ok to take when ttc? They're 3 for 2 at boots at the mo. I love a good bargain!!

I am in the process of having that ana test done - got to wait for hcg to be zero though. The only 'facts' i know are that you need mega high doses of a certain fish oil. Dr Shehata at the recurrent miscarriage clinic in London prescribes this along with his steroids for immune issues. There are some ladies on here doing the fish oil and steroids. I am reluctant to take the steroids until I know I really need to but am willing to give the fish oil a go so if I find out specifics i'll let you know! I'll ask the ladies on a thread i know of x

Ps pregnacare + supp wouldn't cut it i don't think - sorry!

Ok thank you :) I'm really struggling to find anyone in the same position as me. I really would love to hear of anyone with success stories. I'm starting to feel there's no hope. When I spoke to my consultants secretary there was no mention of fish oils or steroids just low dose aspirin and heparin injections :shrug:

I am in the process of having that ana test done - got to wait for hcg to be zero though. The only 'facts' i know are that you need mega high doses of a certain fish oil. Dr Shehata at the recurrent miscarriage clinic in London prescribes this along with his steroids for immune issues. There are some ladies on here doing the fish oil and steroids. I am reluctant to take the steroids until I know I really need to but am willing to give the fish oil a go so if I find out specifics i'll let you know! I'll ask the ladies on a thread i know of x

Ps pregnacare + supp wouldn't cut it i don't think - sorry!

Filipenko - i have had an anti nuclear factor level blood test done, would that be the same as the ana test you were talking about

Reason i asking is you mentioned your hcg level has to be zero for it, my doctor sent me for that test on a wednesday, i had spent the sat, sun and mon miscarrying so my hcg level would not have been zero

I had to giggle at you and your pill pot, mine arrived in the post today. I have had to split all my tablets to morn, noon & night, i am taking about 10 a day now!! Will soon be more as i had a bit of a spend in the Holland & Barret penny sale!

I had been taking cod liver oil but after reading what you said i won't now, not really thought about the mercury thing. I hadn't bought it especially, already in the cupboard, i had just thought what the hell i might as well have one of them as well seeing as i was taking so many others :wacko:

I would be cautious about taking too many vitamins without professional guidance. They can interact, counteract or even be harmful to the baby in certain doses. Not all vitamins are good vitamins.

As for Mr S, he's the one who told me specifically to take pregnacare plus omega 3 (comes as two pills/day) as well as the vitamin D.

PS: I have a pill pot (a really cute one, too!) but it's not big enough :blush:

There you go... your pregnacare is fine then. Another lady has said she takes 1000mg omega 3 fish oil. I don't think your hcg has to be zero for the ana, it's probably because I am having other tests with it which would be affected. Definitely a good point by Petitpas about taking too many vitamins. All sorted! x

Is the Pregnacare plus ok for ttc pip? I'm going to get some if it is

Morning Ladies

Pip. How are you. Is everything going smoothly. Hope so my lovely x

Heart, thank you for responding to my post, it's so hard waiting to TTC, I have 2 more weeks before my appt and starting again, it's been a long wait. I hope you get AF soon. Are you doing IUI after first AF?

With regards to fish oil. I'm a vegetarian so I wonder if Shehata would give me something else.
Does he recommend the pregnacare or any other vitamins while TTC. I have started my folic acid in preparation and the rest of my meds have been promoted from bathroom cabinet to bedside table in anticipation.

Lee, I'd add it to the list of questions for Mr S.

All ok and on track here at 7 weeks. I've been here before so I am trying not to get excited yet. If ducky is still alive when you have your appointment then that'll be a first...

Hello, just realized that there was a RPL thread, and I'd like to join if that is okay.

MTHFR Hetero. that is the only thing my doctor says that he can find... other than bad luck...

Hi Beth, that's the only thing they can find with me too and they just say take extra folic acid x x

Morning everybody I hope you are all ok xxx

My story...

Started datind DH when I was 16 he was 17. We married when I was 19, he was 20. Got pregnant a year later, 7 weeks along I started bleeding at home alone and lost the baby right there. Bad luck they said... Got my BFP with DS a month later and had him almost on time. Happy and Healthy still, he'll be 5 in march. Thought I'd try to have another before he started preschool, so last year(i was 25) I had a m/c 8 weeks along in october, they diagnosed blighted ovum, but when I passed the sac, a day later I passed the baby.. then just before christmas last year, positive tests, missed period, negative urine and negative blood test at doctors, week later the bleeding started and it was clotty... I knew. same in the spring. a few times. then last month I got faint positives, went to the doc, hcg never rose over 3, but I was still getting positives up until I started bleeding. THEN this month I got over 20 BFP's. Doc said false positives on HPTs.... different brands, different dyes, different stores, different locations..... so he'll never convince me that is what was going on.. I had all the symptoms from every other time. AND my period came 4 days late with big clots, and after I passed the biggest two, I stopped hurting so bad.... I just wanted answers and my doctor made me feel like I was crazy, more than i already felt... he was my third doctor, and I have an appt for Nov
1st with a new doctor...

and I hate people with no history of trouble with pregnancy telling me to relax, stay calm, don't worry, because until they've been through what we've been through, they have no right to suggest those things... they'll never understand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->