Recurrent Miscarriage Thread

Hi 35

I have to admit to being a complete symptom spotter and generally whenever I have been pg, my very very early symptoms have never been as obvious as the symptoms I've had when I'm not.
I guess I'm either crazy or obsessed lol.

Once again good luck x.
no your not crazy just absessed :rofl: lol lol

I'm exactly the same! And I always say I'm not going to test too early but always do. My friend who has recently had a baby didn't find out she was pregnant till quite late, went for her dating scan and found out she was 16 weeks! Lucky mare! I just can't wait to get trying again and hope I get a sticky one this time.

Hi everyone. I just read back and finally have a little time to respond.

Lee to answer your question, yes, I’m doing IUI this cycle. AF arrived for me yesterday, so I’m starting my Femara today and then will have an ultrasound next Saturday to see how my follies look. Then if all goes according to plan, I’ll do the Ovidrel trigger and IUI a few days later. I hope your appointment goes well and you are back on the TTC wagon soon.

Pip, congrats to making it to 7 weeks! I understand how hard it is to get too excited. We’ll all hold that excitement for you!

Beth, welcome. I’m MTHFR hetero too. As a precaution, my FS has me taking a lot of extra folic acid. I take 4,000mcgs a day. I agree, it is really annoying to get fertility advice from people who have never had fertility problems! That’s why I try to stay away from having discussions like that with those people. I love this thread because I feel understood. I wish you didn’t have to be here, but welcome.

Hopeful, good luck on your betas tomorrow. I hope they go down and aren’t so confusing. You asked how I knew I was pregnant with my ectopic. Actually I had no idea! I got my period on time (actually it was bleeding from the ectopic). I was having some weird bleeding after that and my doctor made me get a blood test. I was 5.5 weeks into the pregnancy and had no signs except for some bleeding/spotting. I had my surgery for the ectopic when I was 9 weeks pregnant and still didn’t feel anything. My blood test at 5.5 weeks was 32 I think.

Fitzy (Jo) welcome. Thanks for sharing your story. I love your next mission – to carry a baby to term! I’ll join you on that mission. Xoxo Has AF arrived yet? It sounds like she is on her way by the way you described things. I hope so. It sounds like you are ready to move on.

JennyPenny, so sorry for your losses. I’ve never carried a baby to term, but I have a short luteal phase and started taking progesterone after Ov. It definitely lengthened my LP. During the times I was pregnant, it definitely kept the baby inside. I most likely would have miscarried earlier if I hadn’t been taking progesterone. If you suspect a progesterone deficiency, I would definitely get it checked.

35, when are you going to test? Like the other ladies said, progesterone won’t affect the test. Like Lee, I usually stop taking it around 12dpo if I get a BFN because AF stays away until I stop taking the progesterone.

Hi Paddy! You are in the TWW???? Yay! Did you end up doing ED in Spain? I want details. And seriously, how can you only have one CB? I stockpile ICs and FRERs! That reminds me, I have to order some from Amazon today! :rofl:

I’ve decided to test and follow my hcg trigger shot from a positive to a negative. That way I’ll know for sure if I get a BFP.

For those in the UK looking for cheap tests: I buy mine from www.accessdiagnostics.co.uk - their professional ones :)blush:) come as 25 sticks in a vial and you can choose 10miu (called ultra early pregnancy tests) at.......£3.90 per vial of 25!!!
I really like them and every time I've had pink lines I was pregnant. They aren't very evap-y but as a precaution only count pink lines, no tweaking of photos :nope:
I got my bfp with evening wee at 8dpo this time round.
(And no, I don't work for them :haha:)
There's also a 5% discount code you can find by googling.

I'm so jealous! I think the lowest I've been able to find in the US are the FRERs which are super expensive and only 25miu!

Hey heart... no, I didn't go to Spain as just beforehand we discovered I was pregnant... so that kinda ruined the plan... more so when the baby died. Baby was tested and it was a boy with my lethal translocation....

So we have just gone to Cyprus, to an excellent clinic which has implanted 2 great quality embies on Monday.... so.... I am waiting until next Friday to test. I must be going nuts though cos everywhere I look I see the word pregnant.... in my book, in the couple of films I have watched... on TV... in the magazines I have read... it is driving me crazy!!! Hubby is very excited... and in fact got quite angry at me last night when I reminded him this may not work... we will see....

Am so happy you are doing IUI. It is good to have a plan and soemthing to work towards I think. How are you feeling about it all?

Hey Pipster! How are you ... enjoying your lady of leisureness.... I am telling you everything is falling in to place for you and this baby.... it is fate!

Lol, I am lying in bed right now considering whether to use the intercom to call for some tea. In just two weeks I have become so lazy!
Okok, I will get up :D

I can't believe you are waiting until next week to test :dohh: did you have a trigger shot that needs to get out of your system first?

hi ladies,

hope you are all ok, ive just got back from my consulatation appointment with my test results and wanted to post here as you ladies are so knowledgeable and helpful! :flower:

I dont post that much so just to remind everyone im 30, no children and have been TTC for a year and have had 3 MC.

all of my test results today were fine except for one. And that is my ovarian reserve. I have low AMH levels (anti mallerian hormone) which means my egg quality is poor. My consultant said he was shocked at the levels for my age. :blush: He also said usually people would find it difficult to conceive, but obviously not in my case!!

It was one of the worst outcomes for me today as there is nothing they can do to improve things. his advice was to just continue to try hoping that one will be lucky! i dont even fit in the criteria for IVF as he said since i am falling the wait will be 3 years for me! :cry:

im obviously devestated as time is of an essense now so we just need to keep trying and hope that we may get lucky. I hate not being able to do anything/take anything to improve the odds though.

Has anyone else been told they have low AMH levels or know anything about it?

Bumpy, I don't know much about AMH but am sending you a big hug :hugs:
It's scary but you are getting pregnant and often, too! Some of the other ladies on here will hopefully have some experience with low AMH levels and give you some input. Maybe you could also post in the LTTC section to reach a broader audience and get more info?
Good luck with everything, hon :hugs:

Bumpy, I also don't know about low AMH levels. I did a quick google search and found that there are a lot of different interpretations of "normal" levels. I thought this blog was interesting. https://blog.drmalpani.com/2011/04/i-have-low-amh-level-what-should-do-i.html?m=1 From what I read, it is an imperfect science and like Pip said, if you are getting pregnant, that is hopeful. Maybe you should get tested again of have a follicle count done.

Paddy, that's so wonderful that you are PUPO! I can understand why you would set yourself up for it not working. There is safety in not getting to excited. Did you use your eggs or do ED? (or is that too personal a question?)

AFM, I'm on day 3 of my cycle. I started my meds last night to make me Ov sooner. I'll do an ultrasound next Saturday to check the size of my follies. I don't know how I feel about this new step. In some ways it is our last ditch effort to get me pregnant. If I had a healthy uterus, I would feel more excited about this. Instead I'm expecting this not to work...again. The only hope I'm holding onto is maybe I'll get pregnant with twins since IUI and meds can increase the chances. And then if I'm lucky, maybe one of them will implant in the healthy part of my uterus. Another thing I'm doing differently is taking a thyroid medicine. My thyroid is normal, 2.61, but they like it to be under 2.5 for fertility treatments. Who knows, maybe this will be the magic I need.

Hi Girls,

I've been trying to catch up on here - lots going on!

Lee, I'm sorry I missed the walk, I was on holiday but I was thinking of you all. I lit my 6 candles for my babies in heaven. Yesterday was another due date for me and it still makes me really sad.

Petipas, I'm delighted by your news. Those early weeks pass so slowly but I hope and pray your little one gets stronger and stronger.

Davies, I'm losing track of you a wee bit. You dashing all over the country for your answers? How's it going?

And so many new ladies. You're in the right place!

Rabitchild, glad things are going well for you. Maybe your baby is even here already! I'm now at 23 weeks - cannot believe it! I am so, so lucky. I just have to think that if it weren't for all my MC, I wouldn't have this little one. SO hang on in there, girls!

xxxx

hey chicks!

Pip you are such a bad influence!!! Nope, no trigger shot for me as my ovaries haven't done anything... I am holding off until Friday as then I will be officially 4 weeks.. if it works so more likely to get an accurate result....

OKOKOKOKOK I admit it.... I just ordered some 10 miu preggers tests of Amazon!!! I have been officially rumbled... !!! Though in a way I don't want to test cos if it is BFN I will be devasted and Hubby is adamant this is the last shot.... no more after this...

Heart I was offered PGD and ED and decided to go for ED due to my age and the possiblility that my ovaries only produce eggs with my translocation... apparently it is rare, but is possible according to my consultant.

Heart we really need to try and have a lil hope... you never know it may make that tiny difference to edge us into having a healthy baby.... gotta be worth a try I reckon... we have tried everything else haven't we....

Or could always do Pips trick and ignore the pregnancy for the first 6 weeks!! Hahahhaa

Welcome back Claire!

Bumpy, I don't know a lot about amh, but I have read that some women have improved their number using things like Maca and Royal Jelly for 3 months. There's info on the over 35 site as well as amh tends to decrease with age. Good luck, the fact you are falling is a good sign! I sometimes wonder if it isn't my problem as well, due to my age, have never had it tested!

Padbrat, if you are anything like me you'll have a feeling by the time your Amazon tests arrive anyway :winkwink:

No pressure at all on your womb but I really hope this is it for you :hugs: No stilton for Christmas for padbrat! :nope:

PS: I hope Rabbitchild doesn't mind me saying but her little girl is here (born on her due date!) and is doing well :cloud9:

well... I don't know if it is the progesterone that is giving me a whole load of false symptoms...

I am soooo hoping that this is the one for both of us Pip...

You both deserve it. I hope you both get your dream baby this time. xoxo

Pad, you are getting me all excited! Aaaaaaargh!
Why doesn't Amazon deliver on Sundays? Do you want me to drive some 10mius up to you today? :lol:

Bumpy, I was curious and had a little read about AMH. Apparently, it is an indicator of the number of eggs you have remaining. It is not an indicator of the quality of eggs! A little less worrisome than maybe initially thought? I truly hope that you fall pregnant again soon and that it is a good quality sticky one :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->