Recurrent Miscarriage Thread

Oh...well, you are right about your clients. I didn't realize that's what you were talking about.
Well, the IUI went smoothly- so smoothly my doc said it all slid in like butter. Yes, you heard me right. She compared my hoo-ha to butter!! Very easy process- get in the stirrups, she puts the thing in like they do with a pap smear (having a senior moment and can't remember what it's called). Then she squirted, pushed, whatever she did into my uterus. I didn't even feel it. No cramping or anything afterwards- just laid there for 10 minutes to make sure no little boys fell out. We are doing it all again tomorrow- whoo hoo! One hurdle to clear tomorrow is I am pushing hard for Lovenox or Heparin starting NOW and not at a positive pregnancy test. I have read and researched so much and everything I have read says that's what you need if you are Homozygous for MTHFR. So-there it is- give it to me, or else!
Soo.....I guess I will be in the TWW in the next day or so. I took the trigger shot today as well, so I don't know exactly when I will ovulate. They wanted to do it today just in case that one follie that was 19.7 yesterday ruptures. Don't wanna miss it!
Anyway....can't wait to hear your ultrasound results from Saturday :)

Butter! Love it! How cool that you are doing it tomorrow too. My clinic only does it once. Yay for you. I'm so excited for you!

My fs office just called just now (its 11:56am Bermuda time) and she said my levels are very low and she is considering this a positive. She wants me to get to the office 6:45am for my second Beta blood work and she would call me by 4pm tomorrow to make sure they double.

My 1st Beta is 6.43 done on Wednesday, Nov.2, 2011 at 7:30am.
My 2nd Beta will be Friday, Nov.4 at 6:45am

On another note it am not sure if this is real but yesterday my husband has been running to the bathroom vomitting :blush: and complaining of upset tummy, body ache and he has a temp but not a fever....could he be getting the morning sickness instead of me? Can that be possiable??:shrug:

I am not sure if you can see the very very light lines but here it is:

Kennesha 001.jpg

Kennesha 002.jpg

that's good news 35- congrats! when was your iui and trigger shot again?

amos - glad to hear the iui went well. my office only does 1 at 36 hours after trigger. i couldn't imagine DH having to do it 2 days in a row. isn't it a good feeling to have it done and start 2ww? it makes you feel like you've gotten somewhere.

petipas - my first response early response tests picked up beta of 2.5 with my apparent chemical preg last month - even though they say they become positive at 25 or higher. it was strange.

had u/s this morning, getting b/w results soon. my follies have grown some but now they are anywhere from 7 to 13 and i still have 9 follies (CD12 today). hoping that 4 keep growing but i've never had them grow so slow before. my lining is 11.
so more shots for me, 3 today and 3 tomorrow and hopefully on Sat mornings u/s they are bigger. now i have a welt on my stomach and on both legs, i'm a mess ;)

35, congrats! I can definitely see the line. How many DPO are you? Good luck on Friday. I hope the numbers double.

Pad, how are you holding up? Friday is so close. Did you get your tests from Amazon yet?

Amos, how did IUI #2 go?

Pip, how are you doing? Did you have a good time with Lambs?

Hopeful, how did the follies look today?

How's everyone else doing?

Congratulations 35!!!

Hopeful- mine grew slow in the beginning as well. Today the largest ones are 17.8, 17.5 and 20.8. We were supposed to do another IUI today, but don't you know it, DH couldn't give me a sample. I guess it was too much pressure on him :( So according to my ultrasound today, I am going to ovulate either today or tonight- we have one last shot, so doc said to do it the au natural way tonight, and IF DH can cough up a sample tomorrow, to bring it in and we will do it just in case. I just hope all of this is not in vain. I know it's a lot of pressure for the guys, but it's not like I'm asking you to cut a chunk off of one of your balls- I mean- you are getting off for goodness sake!!

Oops, guess I posted at the same time as you, Hopeful. Sorry you have to stick yourself with so many needles! It's funny how much we go through and then worry if our DH's can go two days in a row! Mine is the same way. When we were trying naturally, it was so hard to get him to BD 2 or 3 days in a row. It drove me crazy! But he still managed to knock me up 4 times.

Do they have a sense of what day you might do IUI? Could it be on Saturday? Fingers crossed.

I know it's a lot of pressure for the guys, but it's not like I'm asking you to cut a chunk off of one of your balls- I mean- you are getting off for goodness sake!!

EXACTLY!!!! Amos, I hope he can get the job done tonight and tomorrow. Good luck!

Had a bit of a freak out as I am convinced it is all over :shrug: It's just one of those feelings I get with my m/cs. I realise that it might not be the Dread and that it is just panic but it certainly doesn't feel like it. I am actually quite calm and I haven't even cried. I tried to get in for a scan today but couldn't so I suppose we will wait as calmly as possible for our scheduled scan with Mr S...

Had a bit of a freak out as I am convinced it is all over :shrug: It's just one of those feelings I get with my m/cs. I realise that it might not be the Dread and that it is just panic but it certainly doesn't feel like it. I am actually quite calm and I haven't even cried. I tried to get in for a scan today but couldn't so I suppose we will wait as calmly as possible for our scheduled scan with Mr S...

:hugs: I wish there was something I could say to make this feeling go away. I think it is an inevitable emotion to have after all that you've endured, especially given the milestone you marked yesterday. If you can, try not to put too much emphasis on this feeling you are having. This pregnancy is it's own unique entity. It has hope of succeeding. You've been on track with your scans to this point. Remember that just because you have the panic or Dread, it doesn't make it true. I know that sometimes I convince myself of something because of a feeling I've had. In some cases I was right, but in many cases I was wrong. Our emotions don't necessarily dictate reality. I know this is easier said than done. It's nearly impossible not to be worried. Is there any way to distract yourself today? A cheesy movie? Some good food?

xoxo Amanda

Haha, the irony of food :sick: nah, not fancying much at the mo.
I just keep thinking ducky will follow the usual pattern - all on track, nausea, tirednes, heartbeat, etc. until one day no heartbeat (but still feeling :sick: for some time after). Yes, I am on the steroids and higher anticoagulation this time round but I am not convinced I have the right fix and it is driving me a little mad not knowing whether I felt the Dread or I'm starting to lose the plot :blush:
It doesn't help that the movie I watched this afternoon involved a crazy lady :dohh:

Anyways, I am resigned to just wait it out now. The scan will reveal all.

Ah, the dreaded sickness. So unfair you can't comfort yourself with some good food.

I think everything you are feeling is normal. The worst part, in my opinion, is the unknown. I have a really hard time sitting in that space. I wish there were home u/s machines that we could use daily to check on our babies. Instead, we are at the mercy of our doctor. It's really hard to not have control over the thing you most want control over. I'm sorry you have to wait. I just had a peek at your journal and read what triggered this sense of dread. I'm not going to try to convince you that everything is ok. I'm just going to hold the torch of hope for you until you can carry it yourself. :hugs:

Hopefull23456 – Thank you so much. my IUI was done Sat. Oct.29 and I did not do the trigger shot this cycle. I ovulated on Sun. Oct.30 and made sure I got those extra :spermy: filling up my tubes for a couple of days after the IUI Its was like a :sex:’athon in my house that weekend :rofl:

Heart tree – Thank you so much. today I am 11dpo. I can’t wait until Friday why this day is going sooo slow! Lol

Amos2009 – Thank you hun! OMG no way come on hubby give those super :spermy: away. But you know what my husband felt the same way but they placed us downstairs in the fs office and I helped him along the way…hee hee it was fun, and nerve racking for him but he gave a good sample after I was down with him lol need I say more…..

Peptitpas – I am sorry hun I hope you start feel better soon hun. :hugs:

Oooo best of luck Amos and Heart!! Not long to go...!!

35 Congratulations chick!!

Am too nervous to write more... have a feeling of Dread along with Pip... maybe your dread is contagious Pip??

Anyway... tomorrow will tell for me...if I get a BFN I have to retest in 2 days time...

Pad, not long now. It's only lunch time for me on Thursday, but you must be well into your Thursday evening! Friday morning is so close. I can imagine how nervous you must feel right now. How many days past the transfer will you be tomorrow?

35, can't wait for your news as well.

Tomorrow is going to be an exciting day!

Exactly 14 days since the eggs fertilized Heart....

am now too scared to test tomorrow....

It's a lot of pressure honey. You've worked hard to get to this day. You don't have to test if you feel too scared. You'll know soon enough either way. But I imagine you'll test tomorrow even if you are scared. We're all holding your hand no matter what the result is.

Hi Petitpas, its only natural how you feel. I guess its easy for everyone else to say just relax but its easier said than done. Its sad that so many of us will never be able to have a "normal" pregnancy because of the fear that we have after suffering miscarriages, its only natural to be anxious and fear that it will happen again. Good luck x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->