Recurrent Miscarriage Thread

Because scanners are scary machines with big teeth! :winkwink:

Fingers crossed fxfxfxfx

Exactly! I guess I'm so used to getting bad news for any scan I get. I'm irrationally nervous right now. Thanks for the support. xx

Ah Pip, that's fabby news!!! You've been on my mind all week, will continue crossing all for the little duckmiester.

Heart, how're the follies?? I always get all worked up at doc's visits too, even if it's a routine thing. Plus, I doubt if any of us on here are big fans of the scanner...

35 - yeah!!! great news, keep us updated on those rising numbers! What's the med you have to inject, I don't recognize the name, is it like heparin or lovenox?

amos, I'm sure the spermies are in there, don't worry about your man's miss, poor things, the pressure we put on them, I remember the days when I had to turn him down and now...

hopeful and heart and other iui'ers, looking forward to good reports soon

pad...?? hope you're alright

Lee, almost appt time, yippee! thanks for the balloon, it's beautiful!

Sorry if I missed anyone...thanks for all your well wishes on my eggs, thing is I stupidly googled fertility at 44, and apparently there is a huge drop even from 43 to 44, which is January for me, so feeling a bit crap bout that. Is it possible that my good egg supply rockets down from like 30% to 5% in just one year??? So will try to get ttc'ing in December, to have one last month of the good uns...why oh why didn't I meet my guy when I was younger....in the meantime am starting Maca, CoQ10 and royal jelly to help em out. At least my cycle bounced right back, af coming on day 28 just 2 months after last mc..

hugs and sticky dust to all..

I hope pad doesn't mind me posting - I suppose she might be taking a break? Her news was not so good this week :cry::cry::cry:

Oh god, I'm absolutely gutted for Pad :cry: Thanks for letting us know Pip. I imagine she won't mind. It was my fear when we didn't hear from her, but I was still holding out hope. Pad, if you read this, know that we are all thinking about you and are here for you if you need us. xoxo

Bella, Google has always been my best friend and worst enemy. Just remember that you aren't a statistic. You are you. I know plenty of women who had babies in their 40's and that number is growing as women are putting off marriage and children to focus on their careers. My grandmother had her first child at 40 and her second one at 42 and that was back in the 1940's!

AFM, my scan did kind of eat me :rofl: I have 2 big follies on my good side. One is 11 and the other is 12 in size. I have a size 11 on my "bad" side. And on both sides I have a few 8's. I'm right on target to Ov from my good side. That's the good news. But, my lining is very thin, only 3.5. She said they like it to be at a 7. She said a few days might do the trick. I'm going back in on Monday for another scan to see if I should do the trigger and proceed with the IUI. I think if my lining is still too thin, we have to cancel this cycle. Then next cycle they'll give me some estrogen to help build up my lining. I'm so pissed. What if next cycle I'm Ov'ing from my bad side? My clinic doesn't usually inseminate if Ov'ing from the bad side. I'll be out another cycle. Not to mention, I'm paying for all of this out of pocket. The meds for this cycle were almost $300. Each ultrasound is $320. I could end up spending $1000 before even knowing each cycle if I'm going to move forward with the IUI or not! I had a bit of a cry with my husband then we had a lovely lunch. I feel a bit better. Now I'm off to Google thin linings for CD 10 and see if there are any stories of hope.

Oh dear, is it too late to give you estrogen this cycle?
Maybe there is a natural way of boosting your lining. I am keeping my fingers crossed fxfxfxfxfc

Thanks Pip. I asked if there was anything to do about it this cycle and she told me it was too late at this point. I was just reading that lots of water and red raspberry leaf tea can help. I also read that soaking your feet in hot water can help. Who knows? I'm going to do it all! Also I'm going to try putting a heating pad on my stomach and try to get the blood flowing to my uterus. I'm pretty sure I'll ovulate in 5 days, so I think I still have a chance of it building up enough before that happens.

I am so delighted for you Petipas! Amazing!!! Just keep positive and enjoy every single day!

Lee, I'm struggling to keep up with you - did you have your appt down south? Thank you for the balloon last month for us all.

Ignore Facebook!! The world is full of really insensitive, selfish people. Aside from all my problems, I find pregnancy a deeply personal experience and cannot understand why people want to make such a fuss on facebook etc. Attention seekers!!!

A couple of you asked what I had done differently this pregnancy (I'm 24 weeks now) - I'm on 75mg aspirin daily, have been since BFP and will be until 36weeks. I also took 2 400mg progesterone suppositories daily from mid cycle til 12weeks. And I swapped my plain folic acid tablets to the ones with all the super duper vitamin combos. But OH and I had also decided that this was our last try, we were stopping after this pregnancy (I still have my adoption forms just in case....). So I don't know if it was the drugs, my bloodymindedness, a combination of the two or just luck! As hard as it was (and still is some days), I never gave up.

I hope people don't mind my odd posts. I still think about you and want to know you are doing well. Take care xxx

Heart, sounds like you have a plan :thumbup:

Claire, I love your posts :hugs: thank you for keeping us updated on your progress and congratulations on reaching viability! :yipee::wohoo::happydance:

Hi Claire. Delighted with your progress and so happy for you and of course we love reading your updates, thanks for the words of support too.
My appt with Shehata is on Tuesday. Then I will be ovulating next weekend so back to TTC as of next week.
Will be sticking with the aspirin and progesterone and also doing steroids again from Ov, suppose I'm just waiting to hear if Shehata will recommend a higher dose.
Joy, but after coming this far it's worth one last shot.
Please keep in touch xxx

Hi Claire. Delighted with your progress and so happy for you and of course we love reading your updates, thanks for the words of support too.
My appt with Shehata is on Tuesday. Then I will be ovulating next weekend so back to TTC as of next week.
Will be sticking with the aspirin and progesterone and also doing steroids again from Ov, suppose I'm just waiting to hear if Shehata will recommend a higher dose.
Joy, but after coming this far it's worth one last shot.
Please keep in touch xxx

Sorry about the double post. I'm on my mobile and not sure how to delete the last one!

Heart tree: Super thanks hun. I will not stress over the small stuff. Thanks again. When I went in to check on my follie I told the fs I don’t want to do the IUI unless I ovulated on the right side (he tries to convince me that my left tube that is no longer there that my eggie can travel across to my right side…Bull Shit sorry don’t believe it and really don’t care). Sooo I did ovulated from the right side therefore I told him lets get with the IUI this cycle :yippee: Good luck to you ladies! I would make sure you ovulate on the side you have the good tube for your IUI…its could save you money and give you a better chance. Wow looks like you on your way lets hope all your hubby super :spermy: can enter into all eggies lol that would be nice! Lol Good luck again! :dust:

Amos2009: Thanks hun! and right back at yah! :dust: :dust: :dust: :dust:

LeeC: Thanks hun and good luck to you next week :dust:

Mrs Miggins: Thanks hun!

Petitpas: :hugs: :yippee: good all litty Ducky with the 171bpm! :yippee:

9babiesgone: :wave::hi:

bellamamma: Thanks hun yes its the same as heparin and lovenox. Here is something about it https://www.ask.com/health/goldcontent/tinzaparin?o=0&l=dir

AFM: I’ve been really busy trying to get my accounts up to date here. Argg I hate being behind. On a good note thank God I work for my husband lol because I am sure I would be fired if I was working for someone else lol

Ladies...I just read on the injections my fs gave me...Have you heard of Tinzaparine?? The site I read tonight said its not a good drug to take when you pregnant...I am so confused becase my fs said its to stop the prevention of clots while I am pregnant...Arggg all of this is really mind blowing...:cry:I did ask for Lovenex but he said this is just a good...sighhh any advise?

I have no advice on this, I'm so sorry. When are you supposed to start the injections? Maybe some other ladies have some advice. I imagine most are sleeping right now though.

35, I can put your mind at rest :hugs:
I was on tinzaparin for all my pregnancies apart from this one. I have seen a handful of haematologists including a famous professor in London and they all said tinzaparin is fine.
The only reason I switched to fragmin recently is because I am now on double the dose (because I am an extreme clotter) and fragmin is licensed for the double dose.
My local hospital has chosen tinzaparin as its favourite brand of low molecular weight heparin and all the pregnant ladies who need anticoagulation are put on tinzaparin.
I asked the head of the dvt clinic who looks after the pregnant women recently whether anyone else had the same problems I did and she said that in all her time there only one lady has ever had a miscarriage. I seem to be the one making up for the statistics :D
So, in essence, tinzaparin is widely used in pregnancy and is considered safe Xxx

Lee, I'll be thinking of you on Tuesday :hugs:

Heart that's interesting about the feet soaking, my acupuncturist always said "cold feet, cold uterus", so maybe it's got to do with that? I can't believe the prices you have to pay, esp for an u/s! That's one reason to live in italy! Even when I was private, never paid over 50 for a scan, and my thyroid meds cost 2.50 for a box of 50! I've been away from the states long enough to have forgotten medical costs!

I have no advice on this, I'm so sorry. When are you supposed to start the injections? Maybe some other ladies have some advice. I imagine most are sleeping right now though.
Thanks hun…I started them on Saturday. I had a panic attack on Sat. Had to really calm myself down lol never thought I would be injecting myself but thus far it is getting easier.

35, I can put your mind at rest
I was on tinzaparin for all my pregnancies apart from this one. I have seen a handful of haematologists including a famous professor in London and they all said tinzaparin is fine. The only reason I switched to fragmin recently is because I am now on double the dose (because I am an extreme clotter) and fragmin is licensed for the double dose.
My local hospital has chosen tinzaparin as its favourite brand of low molecular weight heparin and all the pregnant ladies who need anticoagulation are put on tinzaparin. I asked the head of the dvt clinic who looks after the pregnant women recently whether anyone else had the same problems I did and she said that in all her time there only one lady has ever had a miscarriage. I seem to be the one making up for the statistics So, in essence, tinzaparin is widely used in pregnancy and is considered safe Xxx Lee, I'll be thinking of you on Tuesday

You have no idea what that means to me. THANK YU SOOOO MUCH!!!!! :hugs: I feel soooo much better now. I am at peace and look forward to this healthy pregnancy.

Bellamamma: Morning hun have a great day!

35 - awesome! so happy to hear the bfp!!!!! congrats!! i'm glad pip had some insight into those injections, sounds like they are perfectly fine

amos - how are you feeling?

pip (petitpas - your name is Pip, right?) congrats to you too! i cried when i read the post (happy tears), i had a feeling you were fine but understand the worry. read about your pea situation - i don't like peas at all, not because they aren't uniform but because they are gross. fresh peas are ok in a couple of dishes though.

padbrat - so sorry to hear the bad news, i cried after reading that too (sad tears). i hope you are able to keep trying. for me, the thought of stopping scares me, and i've had 4 m/cs and 1 chemical now (no kids yet)

bella - thinking about soaking my feet too, i read it somewhere just before i read it on here. my RE says not to read about the stats on age and fertility as most of them were from years ago and don't take into account the technology we have today.

claire - i'm happy to read your posts, makes me feel better that it does work out for people and all of our times to have it work out ARE coming at some point.

heart - cycle buddy - i've been researching estrogen levels and read about suppositories you can take (vaginal) to increase your lining, sounds like they think it's too late though? hopefully not! i really hope you can continue with this cycle! maybe push them just so you can see if they work? i've heard they are blue and stain your underwear blue ;) but some post said they work really fast though. like in a couple of days possibly.

leec - thank you for the balloon and pic for everyone! that is so sweet.

AFM: lack of sleep with 2 jack russels (10 wks and 4 yrs). which is fine, hoping it's preparing me for other things...
u/s & b/w yesterday (CD14)
e2 975 (i've never had it this high)
follies
lf: 10, 10, 14
rt: 13.6, 10, 12, 15.6, 11.5, 15.3, 13.4

they are thinking that 3-5 will be mature. did follistim/repronex/ganirelex yesterday too. AND, did repronex and ganirelix this morning, and will trigger with ovidrel tonight.
when the nurse called after my appt yesterday to tell me the injection plan, i questioned doing ganirelex (suppresses ovulation) and ovidrel on the same day. she said they've done it either way before (take gani or not take it). so i decided not to take it today. BUT, then changed my mind and I did take it. I don't want to ovu early as it's already CD 15 and i alway ovu on my own on CD 14. i also read online that the ganirelix doesn't stop the ovidrel from working.
anyone have experience with that?
i feel like i have to pee all the time and i'm feeling my ovaries - felt sick yesterday from it and more so as i was nervous of ohss but don't think that is the case.
i've never had this many follies before. but am totally fine with it given all i've been through with m/cs.
lining was 10 (it was 11 a few days ago so not sure which measurement is accurate) but i'm lucky to always have good lining.
so - trigger tonight at 10pm, then BD. iui on Tues at 11:00am - i can't wait! and hopefully BD on Wed morning. so glad to be on my last injectible for a short while (hopefully not too long, hoping for bfp and lovenox inj soon).

they asked if i was ok with selective reduction....well, my body has so far selectively reduced 5 at this point all on it's own....if it thinks it will actually keep some, it would be a miracle.

this cycle, from CD3 until today, CD 15, I will have injected myself 24 times (well, the NP did 4 of them at my appts). when i add it up, it's somewhere around $2500 for the meds (but ins paid most of it). WOW.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->