Recurrent Miscarriage Thread

Oooh, look at you with a new profile pic! Stunning!

My appointment is at 10:45am Pacific time. In an hour and a half. Though when I went on Saturday, they were running an hour late! I was so anxious and annoyed. Hopefully it will be quicker today since I'm leaving work to go do it.

Ok....I will be thinking nice and thick and juicy thoughts for you.....wait- that sounded a little perv-like didn't it? :haha:

Pad just posted on the https://www.babyandbump.com/trying-conceive-over-35/354886-ttc-1st-child-35-a-855.html thread. Very sad. :cry:

Pad...... :cry: It's a decision none of us should ever have to make, but I know down the road it's one I will have to make as well.

amos - beautiful pic!

heart - make them give you estrogen, and even if there is no way it would help this time, you will have it ready for next time. my RE suggested (and I asked for) lovenox and prednisone to rule anything out that tests can't determine. i would try lovenox too if i were you as i'm really into doing anything at this point. i really want to carry a baby too. my next plan would be ivf with pgd and then surrogacy if that didn't work out and i was able to.

hopefulmama - let us know if your iui is today or tomorrow! mine is at 11:20 central tomorrow and i'm going to acupunture after it

bfps!

It's not until next week. So I'm just hanging out waiting- isn't that all most of us do with our time anyway?! :wacko:

Good luck to all of you. It's exciting to at least be doing something different rather than doing the same thing and and hoping for different results. Fx!

Just read pads post. :cry: I am so sorry to hear this. I really don't have any words for you- I agree with amos. It is a decision that we should not have to make. I just need to stop trying to understand this TTC struggle because it just doesn't make sense. Good luck.

As for me, I hope you don't mind me posting this but I had a little bonus scan today. Ducky is still alive and even kicked and waved at us, which was pretty incredible.

I think that if you had a clot in your womb whilst pregnant the last thing you should have is blood thinners. Any extra blood in there causes a higher risk of the baby miscarrying.
I am probably going to be a bit controversial on here and say that unless you have a clotting factor or APS there is no point in taking heparin. They have run trials on women with unexplained miscarriages where they gave them heparin just in case and it made no difference to the outcome.
Aspirin is slightly different since it works differently and crosses the placenta (heparin doesn't and that is why it isn't that terribly necessary early on - unless you have APS, I believe). Some women come up negative with all known clotting tests and then a TEG test shows they gp need aspirin.
Obviously, I'm not the best person to speak as I am taking progesterone and there is no evidence I need to take it.
I just wanted to say that if your doctor won't give you heparin or only gives it to you from bfp then please don't panic! That is standard practice and there is research behind it.

Hmmm, I probably need to clarify: at the time when you have a clot in your womb you shouldn't add blood thinners unnecessarily. I didn't mean you shouldn't ever take blood thinners in pregnancy.

I didn't realize that about clots and not having heparin. I would have thought just the opposite. I am definitely not a doctor, nor do I play one on TV HAHA...I think the only reason mine went along with it is because of the MTHFR thing.

Pip I'm over the moon for you and Ducky! We all need bonus scans in our lives!

Thanks for the advice. I know very little about the research on this. I did take aspirin with my last pregnancy but it was ectopic so I don't know if it would have helped. I took a baby aspirin last night and might start taking them again daily. I had a suspected clot in my second pregnancy as well. They thought originally that it was a molar but luckily it wasn't. The final report said I had a clot though they never told me that in person. Withone confirmed clot and one suspected one, I don't think the aspirin is a bad idea. But I'm open to debate on this.

OH and PIP- yay for the bonus scan!!!! Quack on little Ducky!

I'm writing this in the waiting room of my clinic. Less nervous today because I'm expecting the IUI to be canceled.

Only at a San Francisco fertility clinic would they be playing the Grateful Dead! I feel like everyone in the waiting room should be passing a joint around! :rofl:

When you have a clot in your uterus it isn't a clot like what you get in your blood vessels due to a clotting factor. It has the same name but a clot in your uterus comes from a bleeding issue, so quite the opposite of a clotter's problem.

Heart tree, I'm loving your clinic :D
Thinking juicy for you!

Amos, I love your avatar :thumbup:

Amos, as you are MTFHR homozygous the standard plan would be to have you on heparin, aspirin and extra high doses of folic acid.
MTFHR heterozygous is a completely different kettle of fish and apparently doesn't need any treatment at all.

Ok, I'm going to shut up now :blush: I'm no doctor, either!

:rofl: pass the doobie sister.....
Well, Heart, I hope your lining has thickened up and there's no need for cancellation!
And Dr. Pip- I learn something new every day!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->