Recurrent Miscarriage Thread

Yes, hopeful, *stands up* my name is Pip and I am a pea-ist *sits down and hangs head in shame*

Your cycle sounds very promising with all those follies :thumbup: This week is incredibly exciting with all these IUIs going on :yipee:
:dust: all round!

Wow Hopeful, that's a lot of injections! I'm so jealous your insurance covers most of the cost. I wish mine did. Sounds like you have some good follies growing and everything is in place for a BFP. How exciting that you are doing the IUI on Tuesday! I had a friend get pregnant with twins from IUI. She selectively reduced to one baby. It was hard for me to understand, but it was the best decision for her. If I'm ever blessed with twins, I'm going to do everything in my power to keep them both. Triplets would be scary, but at this point, I would want to give as many babies in my womb a chance. Fx'd that you get your BFP this cycle!

Thanks for looking into estrogen levels. I also found that some women were given estrogen suppositories at this point in their cycle. Frankly, I'm annoyed I wasn't offered it. Could it hurt? If I had both tubes, I might feel differently, but the fact that my dominant follies are on my good side, I will be crushed if I have to cancel this cycle due to a thin uterine lining. If it still looks too thin, I'm going to ask for the estrogen. I've been drinking red raspberry leaf tea and just bought the tincture as well as it is more concentrated. I've been keeping my feet and uterus warm with a heating pad. I also decided to cut back on exercise. I exercise a lot and have read that it can decrease estrogen levels. I'll know more tomorrow how things are looking. I'll keep you posted. I really want to be IUI buddies!

Hope everyone had a good weekend. xoxo

Heart- I'm so lucky for the insurance and now I'm over lifetime max for meds and lucky again because my work is changing ins providers jan1 and I will have 3k per year meds and 5 k per year appts for if treatments. I thought I read that in Cali it's a state law for ins to have some IF coverage? There are 14 states that require it ( mn doesn't)

Pip - I like pea-ists. And in 2ww I will be a pee-ist

pad- :hugs: so sorry for you hun

35: YAY!!!!! Good luck!

I'm jumping on the IUI wagon too!! I'm guessing mine will be next Monday or Tuesday. I'm doing an unmedicated cycle though. I was good with this, but then I read on BnB that it sounds like everyone does medicated. :shrug: He said since we've got pg easily in the past just having trouble this time I don't need meds. I hope it's not a waste of money and hopes...

Thanks for the juicy thoughts Pip!

Wow Hopeful, you got so lucky! I guess I got lucky in that my husband makes a decent amount of money and we can afford it. On top of it, my mother invested wisely and now has money to spare to pay for a surrogate if we decide to go that route. I definitely consider myself lucky even without the insurance coverage. I try not to take my situation for granted, because I know some women can't afford all of these treatments.

Cali has a state law that requires insurance companies to offer IF coverage, but it is up to the employer whether or not they want to take that coverage and offer it as a benefit to their employees. Neither my company nor my husbands offer it. And you know what I hate? That they call it IF coverage. God knows none of us are infertile! Why can't we be a separate category. We're trying to carry our babies to term, we are all very fertile. I actually wrote my insurance company a letter telling them that they were spending more on me by treating me for all of my losses than they would spend on me if they could just get me to carry a baby to term! (They didn't change their policy, but it made me feel better.)

Wow, we have 2 Hopefuls doing IUIs! That seems like a good sign to me!

We have private insurance we decided to continue after I was made redundant. The irony is that my husband has had one issue he needed to see a consultant for in the past year and was treated with one cheap injection. Nothing before that.
Yet because of that continuing with coverage of his history was more expensive than for me! Twice the price almost! Apparently, they look at visits to consultants under the coverage to make their price up. My 4 D&Cs at private hospitals didn't count :dohh:
So, I have my full history covered (good in case I need any more endo treatment) and DH has a brand new policy :haha:

Hi ladies, I just wanted to ask whether anyone on here has ever had tests for ovarian reserve? I have had an AMH test which came back low/normal at 17 and the doctors don't seem at all worried by this. I also had an antral follicle count and this was 20. I amjust wondering whether to do the CD3 fsh test. Has anyone ever had these kinds of tests? x

Pad- :cry::cry::hugs::hugs: I wish I had the words to say to make it better.

OH EM GEE.......PIP!!!! :happydance::happydance::happydance: I am just now seeing the news about your scan. I am so happy for you!! Now, little Ducky- you snuggle in nice and warm and comfy!!!

Everyone talking about insurance- IT SUCKS. I work at a hospital and our own insurance doesn't cover anything if you even remotely are hinting that it's fertility related. So all these ultrasounds I have been having these past few weeks are being coded as Ovarian Dysfunction, just so the insurance will cover it. As for the meds with this IUI and the IUI itself- all out of pocket. $1500.00. and that doesn't include the lovenox and crinone that my doc gave me because he had some in his office. Thank goodness for that.

Good luck all you IUI girls this week! I am officially into my TWW. Started my progesterone and lovenox this morning. I still pray that somehow, someway, my eggies found their way to the good tube. I tested yesterday morning just so I can follow the trigger shot out of my body. How silly was it that I was excited to see the second pink line?

Amos, I'm excited about the trigger being gone, too. Now please bring that second line back!!!

amos - how did you get them to give you lovenox before bfp? i had pretty normal blood tests but was told i can start lovenox right at bfp just to rule anything out. i have tons of it at home from being preg for a few days last month (chemical) and am going to ask again if i can just start taking it earlier. is yours generic lovenox?

heart - if i was in a situation to have a surrogate i would do it. totally agree that it's wrong they call it IF for us- should just be rpl and fully covered.

hopefulmama - let us know if your iui is today or tomorrow! mine is at 11:20 central tomorrow and i'm going to acupunture after it

my 3-5 day chemical last month was so short and made me think of this: even my miscarriages are having miscarriages. lol
gotta try and laugh sometimes. i won't be feeling this way if thanksgiving comes around and i don't have bfp.

we need some turkeys in our ovens girls! let's get some bfps!

My doc is wonderful. I basically told him I wanted it now and not when or if I get a BFP. I am homozyous for MTHFR so he couldn't argue too much. He did want me to wait a couple of days after ovulation because I have a tendency to bleed and he said the egg will not fertilize if there is ANY blood in or near it. Good luck tomorrow!!!!

thanks! i'm heterozygous for mthfr (the least bad kind) which isn't supposed to cause any issues so that is why i'm not on it right away. but if i have another m/c between 5-6 weeks, i'm going to start it asap.

Hopeful, all I've ever wanted is to carry my baby. I'm fighting as hard as I can to accomplish this before moving to surrogacy. I'm not excited to go through that process and would rather not have to do it. But if it is my only option, we're going to do it. I'm lucky to have the option but it makes me sad to think that I may actually have to do it. Good luck tomorrow. I want all the details!

Amos, I can't believe what crappy insurance coverage you have working at a hospital! My IUI is about the same cost as yours. I'm psyched you are in the TWW! And I totally understand the excitement seeing those two pink lines. Let's see them again in a week and a half.

I have my u/s today to check my lining and follies. I don't have high hopes to he honest. My lining was so thin on Saturday. I'm so mad that I've never had it checked before. I obviously have hormonal problems. I ov late. I have a short luteal phase. I have adenomyosis. I read tha ectopics can happen because of thin linings. Now I keep wondering if my ectopic was due to that and not a damaged tube. Did I lose a good tube because I wasn't given estrogen before ov? I know I shouldn't second guess, but it's hard not to.

Anyhoo, I'm bracing myself for bad news. At the worst I have to wait a cycle or two to get my hormones regulated. I've waited this long, what's a little longer? (I wish I felt as convincing as I sound!)

Hopeful, I'm heterozygous for mthfr too. They've never offered anything but extra folic acid to me. Should I be insisting on something else? I had a big blood clot in my uterus with my first pregnancy. Now I'm wondering why they haven't offered me anything to thin my blood.

Amanda- I'm right there with you on the thin lining issue. Mine is my fault though- I have known that my body has changed in major ways since my last pregnancy and I should have told my doctor. It all points to very low estrogen and now I am dealing with those consequences. I didn't know that exercise lowers your estrogen- I work out a lot as well. Needless to say I will not be doing it anymore until I get my levels higher.
About the blood thinner- if you had a clot during any pregnancy, I don't understand why they wouldn't give it to you just to be on the safe side. Maybe there is a reason, but I would most definitely ask. Or push for an answer for sure.
Fingers crossed your lining has thickened and your follies are looking good- it is very possible. Even if it is increasing in small numbers, that's a good thing.

Thanks for the reassurance Amos. I am definitely going to ask about blood thinners and estrogen. Enough is enough. I want them to throw everything at me! xoxo

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->