Recurrent Miscarriage Thread

I love Dr. Pip!!!

So I'm done. My lining is at 6.3 today :happydance: Up from 3.5. She said I'll definitely have a thick enough lining by the IUI day. I have a 17mm follicle on my good side and another at 13. She said that one has a 50/50 chance of maturing. I'm doing the trigger on Wednesday and IUI on Friday. 11/11/11

Finally some good news during a scan. Yippee!

Thanks Pip!

Amos, the doc told me that my adenomyosis causes shadows which makes it harder to read the thickness of the lining. She used a better machine today and feels confident it is going to continue to thicken. It sounded like she wasn't convinced that the 3.5 reading was accurate, that it might have been thicker than that. Maybe yours was thicker than what they told you too.

yeah! awesome news heart! and nice waiting room music!

i should mention that my protein S was almost below the normal level (was 63 and 60 is the lowest of normal) and my IgM was a little higher than normal range. when they are out of normal range, then lovenox and pred would be what you would take. so hopefully, that is my problem and it will work out next time. they weren't way out of range, but maybe that little bit is what is throwing everything off?

I was a little bit off last pregnancy and now we are whacking it with double the heparin :shock:

With recurrent miscarriagers anything slightly out of the ordinary is suspicious in my opinion.

YAY HEART!!! :happydance::happydance: I just had a feeling it was going to be good news!!
So many IUI's going on....I can't wait for all the good news!!!
Hopeful- I agree with Dr. Pip...anything that is a little bit off for us RPL'ers is a reason. So here's to lovenox and pred!

Hi Ladies after a 4.30am start, I have safely arrived at St Heliers waiting to see Mr Shehata now. Hoping it's been worth the wait and feeling a bit nervous, will keep you all posted.

I was just about to write bin voyage to you, Lee, I didn't think you would already be there! Fingers crossed you get all the info and help you need. He is a nice man :)

Thanks Pip. After planes, trains and automobiles I am here. Going to meet a friend for lunch after, thought I'd make the journey worthwhile and I've heard he is very nice which is slightly comforting as the longer I am waiting the more nervous I am. I will NOT cry!!! I will NOT cry!!! I will NOT cry!!!

Lee, thinking of you today. And cry if you want to! I'm sure he's seen a million tears. And if he is nice and has a good bed side manner, he's the perfect person to shed a tear in front of. I can understand your nervousness. I feel the same way every time I step into a doctor's office and have to discuss this topic. Good luck.

I howled and snorted all over him on Saturday :blush: He coped very well and had tissues at the ready.

I can't wait to hear how it went!

Hi everyone

Thank you all for your well wishes.
Pip, he is indeed lovely, and heart I only shed a few tears, think I'm all cried out lol...

So I've been pumped of yet more blood, Dr S says that biopsy is not reliable for testing NK cells and gave a number of reasons, I wasn't complaining tbh, blood tests are fine by me.
I took all my other results but he already had most of my notes and already understood my history which was extremely reassuring in itself.

He said I had started the steroids too late even at 10dpo and I am now on strict instruction NOT to get pg til we have the results back in 2 - 3 weeks, but it's worth waiting an extra couple of weeks (one more cycle) of it means getting it right.

In the meantime I am starting the following protocol to prepare my body for TTC.
Pregnacare
Aspirin
Vitamin D
Folic Acid
Steroids and progesterone will only be from BFP and I guess once we have the results back I will be advised the dosage of prednisolone to be taken and anything else that may be required.

I'm so glad I pushed for this appt. Dr S said I've had way too many losses and it was about time someone got to the bottom of it. (High 5 Dr S).

Pip, lol, I think he had a clean suit on.
How often, do you need to see him now and when is your next scan. I'm hoping you ate nearly past week critical.

x

Hope everyone else is ok and keeping my fx'd for a few BFP's on here soon x.

Stupid typo's.
Travelling and very tired :/

Lee he sounds wonderful! It sounds like he really has your best interest in mind and you have a good plan moving forward. I'm so happy for you. One more cycle and you are back on the TTC wagon! Yay!!!!

Lee, it sounds like you have a good plan now. Will this mean that you have to come back down when the results are through? Or can you have a phone consultation?
I'm not seeing Mr S for a couple more weeks - whoops! I still need to phone and make that appointment :dohh: he generally scans every two weeks or so. Again, I can't imagine he will want you to fly down every time? He really needs a Scottish partner, methinks! :haha:

Lee, that sounds wonderful- and so does he. Nice to hear him say someone needs to get to the bottom of it. Wish they all could feel it and understand it that way.

Ok- question. I am having some major cramping on the side where I ovulated. I know it's the corpus luteum cyst, but I am trying to remember if I only had this pain when I was pregnant or did it happen other times. I am 6dpiui but only 4dpo. Anyone remember having this? I am doing what I said I wouldn't do.....symptom spot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->