Recurrent Miscarriage Thread

Heart, I actually think some babies' scan pictures look really scary! Especially the 3D ones. I certainly wouldn't want to encounter a 6ft version down a dark alleyway...

I guess I was just jealous that she had a scan that she got to see her living baby. And it bothered me that she took for granted the fact that she had a good scan with a healthy baby and decided to complain about it to me!

Maybe her baby looked like this https://www.runemasterstudios.com/graemlins/images/taz.gif

I guess I would be scared too! Definitely wouldn't want to meet a bigger version in a dark alley!

Hi HA, so good to see you here. I can't bring myself to be anywhere else but this thread. I feel at home here. It's strange how I've become a mc snob. If you've only had one, I find myself having a hard time relating. Of course I have empathy, but unless you've had more than one, I can't relate anymore. And if you've never had any, well then, we're in a totally different universe! So, this is my home now. But of course I read up on you and some other ladies on some of the other threads I used to frequent.

Thanks for the IUI info. Shoot, that means testing day for me will be the day after Thanksgiving. I just know myself and I'm going to test before that.

When did you time your BD sessions? I know there is some debate about BD'ing the day before IUI. I was told not to, but I'm scared to miss my window.

Also, you said you spotted 12-13 dp trigger. Did this happen while on progesterone? I never bleed when using the progesterone. I have to stop it in order to get AF.

My RE wants a 2-5 day break before IUI day, so we try to BD a couple of times just to "clear the pipes" during stimming since we never know exactly when trigger will be, and waiting until trigger day only gives his swimmers a 1.5 day break before the IUI. So long story short, we try to time our BD so that our last one is the day before trigger, but sometimes it's two days before and sometimes it's on trigger day. Our RE does one IUI at 36 hrs past trigger and has us BD that night. Once or twice we haven't managed to because DH sometimes has a difficult time managing to get the job done twice in a day. :winkwink: But I always kind of figure the post-IUI BD is a bonus BD anyway - way more sperm get past the cervix with the IUI than could get up there in a 7-day BD marathon, so I don't worry about it too much. Like with our last IUI, if 200 million sperm in the IUI can't get the job done, adding a couple hundred thousand more that night won't make much difference.

And yeah, with the stims and IUIs, I spot at 12-13 dptrigger even on the progesterone. (It never happened when we were trying on our own and using the suppositories.) I questioned my RE about it, and he said that any drop in progesterone will cause some spotting, and even with the suppositories, when you have so many follicles (I've had from 2-5 each time) you get that many corpus luteum as well, so even if just one fertilized egg implants you're likely to have a small drop in progesterone and therefore some spotting may show up. (What is the plural of corpus luteum, anyway? Corpus lutei?? :shrug: Whatever - you know what I meant! :haha:) Full flow doesn't usually start for me until about 24-36 hrs after my last suppository.

Hi HA!
With the 1% morphology, how come you have not gone straight to ICSI? I'm not terribly clued up on this but doesn't it mean that with IUI they are putting more of the bad swimmers closer to your eggs?

Because his count is so high that in actual numbers, he typically has more good sperm than an average sample with good morphology. His counts are crazy high - his last sample had 200 million post-wash. :shock: The RE said that with three pregnancies, two of which were acheived without assistance, DH has fathered more than enough babies to prove his morphology is not a problem for us. If we move on to IVF (which we'll probably do after our current break ends in January), he said he'd probably do a to-be-sure ICSI, where he uses ICSI on half the eggs to make sure enough fertilize.

Thanks for the warm welcome/re-welcome, ladies. :flower: I've been stalking this thread all along for the last year and a half even after I stopped posting, so it's one of those awkward things where I know all of you and most of you don't know me at all. I'll try not to be too creepy-stalker about it! :haha:

Yeah, after my first mc I had a friend tell me she understood how upset I was because she felt the same way after she had to have a c-section for her first when she'd wanted a natural birth so badly. :gun: I lit into her and really didn't care how she felt about it. (We've talked about it since and she has apologized profusely for it. We both felt better.)

I, too, have a hard time sympathizing with anyone with one or two losses. I hate admitting it, but it's true. :nope:

Thanks for the info HA and for the validation that it is also hard for you to sympathize with those who haven't fully walked in our shoes. I'm surprised at how long between BD and IUI your doctor makes you wait. I thought mine was a long time. It will be about 38 hours between our last BD and when he produces his "sample." Well I'm just going to go with the recommendation of my doc. Isn't it interesting how much they vary? Just goes to show that this is as much an art as it is science.

I'm happy to hear you are leaning towards IVF/ICSI. Here's to some relaxing time off and then a new journey in the new year.

Hopeful, I somehow missed your post earlier. Thanks for the input on your IUI. They told me to trigger between 10pm and midnight. My IUI is at 1pm on Friday so I plan to trigger at midnight so it is 37 hours after trigger. We're supposed to BD tonight but my husband seems really tired. I don't want to pressure him though. If nothing else I'm making him do it on his own to clean the pipes, but I'd rather get some of those swimmers in me. Why is this process so damn hard???

Heart - I totally understand. I wish we could just extract it out of them so we have it any time we need it.

HA - was trying to stalk u on over 35 thread and just heard the tail end of bad news. Rpl sucks. Glad to have you here too. I've had 4 mc and a chem and no kids yet.

Well I managed to seduce my man tonight! I think he was stressing about performing. I took all the pressure off by telling him he didn't have to BD, but did need to take care of himself tonight. Less than an hour later he was ready to go! Reverse psychology at it's finest! Next up, trigger in 2 hours and IUI on Friday! I guess we'll BD on Saturday as I doubt he'll be able to do it on the same day of IUI. I love my 42 year old man, but in times like these I wish he was 22! LOL!

Hopeful did you do your post IUI BD?

Thanks for the explanation, HA. After I wrote my questions to you earlier I was worried I had been a bit blunt when it really was curiosity. Your doctor's comment about doing ICSI on half the eggs was interesting, too. I've never heard of that option. Would it be cheaper that way?

Heart, good going on the reverse psychology :winkwink:

hi ladies, how are we all today?

i wanted to give you a quick update on me seeing as the only other person i can talk to at the moment about this is the OH and quite frankly you ladies are so much more interesting :thumbup:

Just to remind you (as i am more of a lurker than a poster) i have had 3 mc this year and have been diagnosed with a reduced ovarian reserve. Im 30 and my AMH level came back as only 4.7. My consultant did say he has every faith that i will reach a full term delivery and to keep trying seeing as my reduced ovarian reserve does not seem to hinder me actually falling pregnant, and he hopes that at some point the roll of the dice will be lucky and we will catch a good sticky one!

Well.....i tested this morning 10dpo and ive got a very very very faint :bfp: i wont allow myself to get too excited until it darkens though or until after my AF is due on Monday! :happydance:

Gonna get onto my docs and see if i can get the cyclogest prescription. one notable thing is this is the first month i can remember when ive had NO spotting after ovulation whatsoever! i have been following that pattern where i was spotting after ov every month until either AF or BFP and usually i get implantation bleeding but this month nadda! maybe its a positive thing. Either way im loving the no spotting!

:hugs: to everyone as always xx

Best of luck bumpy! You know the drill, hopeful but not too hopeful...everything crossed for ya!

Thanks for the explanation, HA. After I wrote my questions to you earlier I was worried I had been a bit blunt when it really was curiosity. Your doctor's comment about doing ICSI on half the eggs was interesting, too. I've never heard of that option. Would it be cheaper that way?

No worries, Pip - I read it as curiosity! :thumbup: Yes, my clinic prices ICSI by the batch, so there's one price for 5 eggs or fewer, a higher price for 6-10 eggs, higher still for 11-15 eggs, etc. So doing ICSI on just some would save us some money over doing ICSI on all while still (virtually) guaranteeing that something fertilizes.

FX'd, Bumpy!! And Hearty, does he ever get sick of (or even catch on to) you using your therapist skills on him? :haha:

YAY Bumpy!!!! I hope this is it for you! I can't wait to hear how things progress. Please keep us posted. Maybe this time you are producing more progesterone which would explain the lack of spotting. That's definitely good for the babe!! :happydance:

I did my first trigger last night. After I did it I felt like I had lost my virginity! Did a pregnancy test and it was a faint line, but definitely there, so I know I did the trigger right.

HA, my psychology wiles are too cunning for my husband to even notice when I'm using them on him. My brother, on the other hand, often calls me on it! I think my husband secretly likes it!

How is everyones today?

I am whispering a congratulations Bumpy! :happydance:

Heart- congrats on getting your hubby to do what was needed LOL. My hubby will be 45 in December so I know what you mean about "old men" HAHA...I'm kidding. So will they do another ultrasound on you today or before your IUI tomorrow?

Nothing going on here....just going through the motions and symptoms with the progesterone suppositories. Because of them I can't even symptom spot! :haha: I will be POAS Saturday morning and hope to finally see a blank. I didn't think the trigger would be in me for this long...

No ultrasound for me today. Just the IUI tomorrow.

How soon did you test after trigger and how dark was it? I tested 6.5 hours after trigger and it's pretty light on a 10miu test, though very visible. I guess I thought it would be darker.

9 weeks and 3 days! Can't believe I made it this far. Just hoping the next 4 weeks go fast cause 13 weeks is my safe point

No ultrasound for me today. Just the IUI tomorrow.

How soon did you test after trigger and how dark was it? I tested 6.5 hours after trigger and it's pretty light on a 10miu test, though very visible. I guess I thought it would be darker.

I didn't test until 4 days after the trigger. It was very faint. Still is faint- hasn't really changed much. I assumed it would be dark then fading- but then again I'm not really sure how much HCG is in those shots anyway?

9babies- congrats! so happy to hear that, i've been wondering about you

heart - didn't BD last night! sucks, dh didn't feel like it. geez, after how many injections and trips to the dr office, his part is easy. too bad we weren't in our 20s again. but, we've never bd'd after iui (due to the same reason). i poas around 6:00 the night after my trigger and was 2 pretty dark lines

bumpy - congrats! i hope that second line stays!

amos - have you ever poas each day to test out trigger? i haven't been, i don't like the tests where you pee in a cup even though they are cheaper and don't want to keep wasting the pricey ones

hi dr pip!

afm: 2dpiui - still a little crampy and bloated feeling. i'm going to an ivf clinic tonight for a 2 hour intro mtg to see what they have to say. the mtg is only held once/month and i missed last month. curious to hear what they say about unexplained RPL. started prog suppositories this morning, forgot to put a liner on, don't want to get up off of my chair at work. ;) LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->