Recurrent Miscarriage Thread

Amos, I'll try to keep this short.

Pregnancy #1 - made it to 10 weeks. Had a heartbeat. Also had a subchorionic hematoma (blood clot) which probably caused the m/c. No implantation bleeding

Pregnancy #2 - made it to 8 weeks though at the 6 week scan there was no heartbeat and the pregnancy didn't look right. Suspected molar pregnancy. When I went to have the D&C, the doc saw a glimmer of hope and decided to let me hold onto it for 2 more weeks. At the 8 week scan it still looked like a molar and it was terminated. Luckily not a molar. No implantation bleeding.

Pregnancy #3 - Made it to 7 weeks. No HB and the pregnancy didn't look right at 6 week scan. No fetal pole. Terminated the pregnancy the following week. Had some light spotting from 8dpo to 12dpo. Not sure if it was IB or progesterone deficiency or just a bad pregnancy trying to resolve itself but unable to due to the progesterone suppositories.

Pregnancy #4 - Ectopic.

Pregnancy #5 - WILL BE PERFECT!

Oh heart tree, for what it's worth it doesn't entirely sound like your womb was at fault. I truly hope number five WILL be perfect for you :thumbup::dust::flasher:

Thanks Pip. No one really seems to know. The thought is that they were implanting in the part of my uterus where the adenomyosis is and they weren't getting enough blood flow. I don't think that is true for #1, but certainly could be for #2 and 3. I just need one to implant in a good part!

Amos, why do you ask? What about you? How far along for yours?

Anyone else that feels like sharing is welcome to as well. It helps me to read everyones stories, though it can be painful to recall them all.

#5 WILL be perfect! Love it!!!

I am just trying to wrap my mind around the fact that maybe it's really not my egg quality that is my problem. I've never had implantation bleeding either. Is it possible to be 6 or 7 weeks along and miscarry because the baby didn't implant correctly? Specifically- I have never had my lining measured except during this cycle. And it was pretty thin. Makes me wonder if I always have had thin lining which makes it basically impossible to sustain a pregnancy?
My first pregnancy made it the longest- 12 weeks although the baby had died around 8 1/2. Ever since then, they have always been around 6-7 weeks that I start bleeding. BUT- I have had a D&C every time because my body wouldn't let go. Would that go against the belief that it was an implantation problem?
Wow....I am really in the analyzing mood evidently.

And I'm sorry Amanda- I didn't mean to bring up painful memories and the past. :( I didn't even think about that before I asked. I'm sorry :(

Oh honey, I don't mind telling my story. It feels good to share, but obviously there is some pain attached to it too. Mainly I said that so the other ladies took care of themselves and didn't share if it felt too painful.

I've also been questioning my lining since this was the first time I've been checked as well. I know mine is a bit thicker than yours this cycle but it started really thin. I also have a short LP and fairly light periods. I think it is something worth discussing with your doctor. Sadly I doubt we'll ever know the real reason we lost our babes. There may be different reasons for each pregnancy. But I definitely think that your lining is a possibility and should be monitored.

If you don't get a BFP this cycle, (which I pray isn't the case) are you going for another round of IUI? What's your long term plan? If you do another IUI, you should ask for estrogen to thicken your lining.

Amos, each D&C puts you at risk of Asherman's syndrome and you have had a few.
For me, if this pregnancy doesn't work out I'm having a hysteroscopy to check for it (I've had 5 D&Cs).
Sorry if I am confusing you by throwing in yet another factor!

By the way, I don't think you have to have implantation bleeding for good implantation to have happened. I have had it with some, not with others and at least four of my babies seemed pretty well implanted.

Good luck today, Hearty! :flower: And take a book - 20 min staring at the ceiling in a room all by yourself is a long time.... :haha:

Heart- :dust::dust: Check in when you can :hugs:
And yes- we will do another IUI when my dominant follies are on my good side. Hopefully that will be next month- I seem to go back and forth based on my ovulation pain.

Pip- I had a hysteroscopy done and everything looked good. It was after my last miscarriage so it hasn't been that long. I have heard about Asherman's, but don't really know anything about it.

How is everyone today? Me- just waiting til tomorrow to do a test.....these days seem to drag by. Wish I could go to sleep and not wake up til next Wednesday.

Yeay Amos, you give me hope that even with a lot of D&Cs my uterus might still be ok (trying to overcome the guilt here for not having waited for the op) :happydance:
Good luck with testing tomorrow :dust:

good luck today heart! if you have a smartphone - put it next to you on the table that you lay on, then the 20 mins will go by so fast - you can research post iui symptoms ;) or message us and let us know how it went

I went to an IVF clinic intro meeting last night, there were about 50 people there. I'm lucky as it was only 30 minutes away (some people had to drive hours). it's 7500 for cycle, 22K for a moneyback cycle (you get most of the money back) except for the meds. you get 3 tries before they give your money back. i was one of the only people who asked a question (my hand shot up as soon as the main Dr there asked if there were any questions - he's from Belgium and really funny and nice - and i asked what their success rate is for RPL, that i'd had 5 m/cs, all before heartbeats wks 5-6 (except 1 chemical) and he said they had a girl that had 12 m/cs and was successful with IVF and they just throw the book at it and do everything they can. He also said they have you take lovenox (heparin). which we all know ;) so no secrets there but i bet everyone in the room was like "holy moly" as usually people are there because they can't get pregnant.

Pip- I have had 5 D&C's as well so you should feel no guilt. Plus, sounds like Ducky doesn't care that you didn't have the op :haha:

Hopeful- always good to hear succesful stories from the doctor you might be using. Always gives you hope to know someone with more losses eventually got their forever baby. So how are you feeling? Have you tested out the trigger shot?

Good morning lovelies. Well it's morning for me at least! Thanks for the good wishes. I'm going in at 1:00 today. I was definitely planning to have my phone handy, bit I may bring a book too. Thanks for the recommendations! I envision the room to be dimly lit with candles and soft music. That's how you make a baby, right? :rofl:

Hopeful, IVF sounds like a good plan, but this IUI is going to work, so you aren't going to need it. I had to go to an orientation for IUI and I was the only one who had been pregnant. It's hard being the only one in a room of women who can get pregnant but can't keep them. I have had doctors tell me that the women they worry about are the ones who have never been pregnant after years of trying. Apparently, women like us are the easy cases! Sure doesn't feel that way!

I don't know about Asherman's syndrome but have had 4 uterine aspirations (not d&c's because they didn't scrape the lining.) Now I need to google. Pip, Ducky is quite content regardless of what you did or didn't do in the past.

Amos, did you test? I hope that pesky trigger is gone.

Bumpy, when do you get a Beta test? Did you test today?

Hi Bella, Lee, Davies, Hopefulmama, HA sorry if I missed anyone. Am typing on my phone.

xoxo

heart - it's always girl nurse practioners that have done my iuis - the first time it was the NP and a girl intern that i let be in the room- when they were done i wanted to say "was it good for you?"
lol

amos- i'm still a little crampy - have only done 1 test the day after the trigger to make sure it worked. maybe testing tonight? been pretty good at holding out though, trigger usually says in me about 8-9 days or so. how are you feeling? do you feel crampy still?

Hopeful, how many days past trigger are you? I hope it is out of your system today.

I was thinking of saying the same thing to my doctor! I bet they've heard it from more than one woman.

Too funny...I told my lady after she was done that I needed a cigarette.....(of course I don't smoke!)

I am not crampy or anything anymore...boobs are sore and somewhat tired, but that is just from the progesterone. Tomorrow is my testing day for the trigger- I will be 10dpiui so it should be gone. Anyone heard of it lasting more than 10 days?

All I know is it's Friday, I'm ready to be off of work even though I really only just got here HAHA

Hahaha.....I wish. These boobs haven't had any action in a LOOOOOONg time :haha::haha::haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->