Recurrent Miscarriage Thread

How is everyone else.
I'm a bit grumpy today as I'm ovulating but have to wait til next cycle.
Grrrrr hubby not too happy either, there's a drought in this here house lol...

Lee, I'll join you in the legs crossed brigade. We make for a funny marching sight...

Lol Pip. How is everything with you, when is your next scan and Mr S appt?
Hubby is even more grouchy than me as he is not even allowed to look at me over the next few days, his swimmers are treading water this month lol...

Hope everyone else is ok x

Hi Lee, unfortunately the baby cam I want doesn't exist yet so I have no idea whether ducky is dead or alive. A maddening thought!
As usual, I am being very tiresome and am not telling anyone when my next scan is. This method seems to work best for me. :shrug: All I will tell you is that it isn't going to be for a while and when I have it I will know whether we are out of the woods or not.
At the last scan ducky measured two days further than I've had any babies measure before. That was great news but two days was not enough to feel any safety at all.
So, with around two weeks between my last and my next scan I think we will really know where this is going!

Pip, I totally understand and think I will be exactly the same. That's great news though that lil ducky is measuring 2 days further on than ever before, this LO is a fighter and like I said I am very optimistic for you especially after meeting with Mr S and seeing how in-depth he is, it has def given me some hope (which tbh was fading fast and you know this is our last option) but for the first time in years I am feeling optimistic about the baby thing, but like you I don't want to get carried away.
I can't wait to get my results and jump straight back on the TTC wagon in December, lol, a Xmas test or Valentines day BFP would make a great pressie for dh and I (you see optimistic lol).
I've started all the vitamins etc, so concentrating on getting myself in shape, although I may partake in a few glasses of wine this weekend ;)

I'll stop with the 3rd degree for now but of course will be lurking in the background watching your progress.

Big hugs to you and ducky xxx

And wow, a baby cam. Dragons den anyone.
I can only imagine, I'm already a contender for baby OCD, haha I think that would push me over the edge lol... x

Lee, we're both in ttc waiting land, it's terrible isn't it?! This is my 2nd month and it's crap! And of course my bf only wants to dtd when I'm ovulating so we can't and he thinks I've always got af now! Next month we can go crazy!!
Well, just got our kariotype (sp?) results back and we're normal, so it's one more thing to rule out, I'm afraid I'm one of those "unlucky unexplained" mc woman...I still think it's an age thing for us, and sooner or later the good sperm and egg will meet up and all will be perfect...it just needs to happen soon!
Hopeful, I'm a cervix checker too, and I also have a super retroverted uterus, but mine sits low in my canal so it's not hard to reach. Some women's cervixes are just much higher up, have you tried "bearing down" to feel it? It really is interesting once you get the hang of it, I also know when my period's coming by how low and hard it is, and it's soft and "wide" but closed when am pg. I was a nurse in my past life (ie before italy), so maybe I just get into bodily functions...lol...
Lots of iui excitement here, am hoping to hear of more bfp's in the coming days, I'm living vicariously through you all right now so come on pink lines!
Amos, I had IB last pg, days 24-26, hope it's that for you too! That must make me a late implanter huh?
I've got everything crossed for you all as it helps me not ttc!

Awww Bella, I hear you. It's a complete nightmare, Iv'e been waiting to TTC since May, although we did have a slip up but with the obvious end result :(
When are you planning to start TTC again, we could be buddies as I too am so far unexplained, I am awaiting NK results back in the next couple of weeks and praying that I get some answers. What tests have you had so far? Sorry if you are covering old ground, things move so quickly on this thread.

Our good men will have extremely eager little swimmers next month. Yay!!!

Hopeful and Bella I have given up taking any notice of the position of my cervix, as the thing has a mind of it's own, although it doesn't stop me checking lol...
Think dh gets sick of hearing about my bodily functions.

Hey Lee, omg May!? How is it possible? And I'm complaining about 2 months! Brava! We get to start after my uterine artery doppler on the 26th, so one more ovulation without...I've had all but the NK done, all normal. My new doc believes in empirical therapy so will be on everything when fall again. The doppler study will show if heparin is needed and how much. He also said he hasn't found the NK testing reliable and it's pricey so he treats for it anyway with steroids. Have always been on progesterone, tried high dose folic acid and aspirin as well last time but it was a blighted ovum. Could just be my age as I said before, am almost 44, so finding a healthy egg is more challenging!
Hope you get some answers with the NK test, you have the best doc now so you're in good hands! Is that why you had to wait so long, to see him? So we could def be buddies if you get to start up next month as well!?

Wow Bella, you really are in tune with your cervix!

Lee, I do understand what you mean with Mr S being at the end of the road. He seems to get all the 'left-overs', doesn't he? The good news is he does seem to have a very good success rate so we have to hold on to that hope!
Good luck in keeping DH off you over the next few days :winkwink:

Well getting really nervous all the sudden. Just need this one to stick. Hope you are all doing well. Wll considering what we all went thru and are going thru :hugs: all around

Wow Bella, you really are in tune with your cervix!

Lee, I do understand what you mean with Mr S being at the end of the road. He seems to get all the 'left-overs', doesn't he? The good news is he does seem to have a very good success rate so we have to hold on to that hope!
Good luck in keeping DH off you over the next few days :winkwink:

Yes....now wondering if that's what makes me odd...:dohh: lol...

Lee and Bella, it is so hard to watch ov come and go without ttc. I've been there and hated it. Luckily not much longer for each of you though. I can't wait for you both to be back on the crazy train with us!

Pip, I don't blame you for keeping your next scan date a secret. I have a great feeling about Ducky!

I've been feeling mild cramping since my IUI yesterday. It feels like AF is on her way, but I know that's impossible. I've been googling and it appears to be normal, but I can't make sense of what would be causing this. I don't think it is OV pain. It isn't on one side, it is my whole uterus. I'm trying not to worry, but that's my nature. I'm also obsessing that we did the IUI after Ov. I have no evidence of this, but again, I like to obsess. Gives me something to do. Welcome to my crazy train!

Lee and Bella, it is so hard to watch ov come and go without ttc. I've been there and hated it. Luckily not much longer for each of you though. I can't wait for you both to be back on the crazy train with us!

Pip, I don't blame you for keeping your next scan date a secret. I have a great feeling about Ducky!

I've been feeling mild cramping since my IUI yesterday. It feels like AF is on her way, but I know that's impossible. I've been googling and it appears to be normal, but I can't make sense of what would be causing this. I don't think it is OV pain. It isn't on one side, it is my whole uterus. I'm trying not to worry, but that's my nature. I'm also obsessing that we did the IUI after Ov. I have no evidence of this, but again, I like to obsess. Gives me something to do. Welcome to my crazy train!

I don't want to get your hopes up but I got a LOT of cramps between 3 DPO and when I got my BFP at 9 DPO.

Lee and Bella- you are so patient- sorry you had to wait so long but I had to wait 6 months last year too so I feel your pain

9 babies- praying for you too!

Mon- did u trigger you bfp cycle and iui/ stims?

Heart - cramps and full feelin are normal- feel weird to pee too? It did for me

Amos - did u poas yet? I did last night to check trigger 5 days after shot and yep, still there as suspected. Need to buy more sticks today.

Hi pip! Have good feelings for you about this one

Afm
Had u/s and b/w this morning. Well, they think I had 6 follies with eggs released - they do this post iui u/s day 4-6 to make sure ovulated. The last scan before iui they thought. 3-5 would release. So explains my cramps, my ovaries are big. But I,ve had cramps after every iui. They did a couple of other blood tests ( I don't know what) just to make sure levels are in check due to so many releasing. And progesterone test. But may not get any results until Monday as the other tests take longer to get results. I can't believe there were 6,most ive had was 3 in past cycles. I don't know how much they can tell this from u/s but she said the blood flow in my uterus looked good. Ive been to acupuncture twice a week for a month now I think? I also have fibromyalgia from a car accident years ago and have had really sore muscles and trigger points since 15 years ago and the acupuncture has helped it about 85% which means blood is flowing thru those point and the worst points were on my lower back

Thanks Mon, I'm only 1dpiui, actually not even 24 hours yet. The cramping started about 30 minutes after the IUI and have persisted. No hopes up for me yet.

Hopeful I'm so envious of all of your scans and b/w. I wish I was being monitored that closely. Takes all of the guessing out of it. I thought they would do a scan before the IUI yesterday, but they didn't. So now I'm left wondering if I ov'd before the IUI or if I ov'd at all yet. So confusing. And I can't temp or use OPKs because the hcg trigger will give inaccurate temps.

Wow to those abundant follies! That's an amazing amount. Maybe you'll get twins out of this! I only had one mature follie. If this cycle fails, I'm going to request injectibles to increase my number. But, hopefully this one did the trick. Hubby had 36 million sperm post wash with 97% motility and they were graded 4 which is the best grade. The report said they were fast moving and hyperactivated. We both had a good laugh at the thought of those hyperactive sperm looking for the egg. I keep giving him kudos for his numbers so he'll get excited to do it next month if he has to.

Now you have me thinking about going back to acupuncture. I did it for years but stopped earlier this year when I was considering uterine surgery and needed to save money. I loved it and do believe it works. I'm so glad you are getting good results from it.

At my first IUI I asked why they didn't do a scan right beforehand for a final check, and my nurse told me it's because they don't want anything (as in the ultrasound gel) up there that could even potentially interfere with the sperm.

Hopeful, how do you feel about 6 follies?? The first time I had 4 follies it scared the bejeezus out of me to have so many, but I got a BFN on that cycle... so when I had 5 follies on the next cycle I didn't even bat an eyelash. :haha:

Hearty, I typically have days of twitching/cramping with my IUIs. The dr said it's normal because there's just more ovarian activity after the stims - as I think I said earlier, more follies = more corpus luteums (lutei? I still don't know!) = more progesterone = more cramping. I can feel my ovaries twitching right up until just a few days before testing. My periods are usually a lot heavier, too. I even get tons and tons of ewcm for days before the IUI, because the drugs and extra follies jack my estrogen up so high. It's all just like ttc on a giant scale - more of everything. (DH would argue more mood swings, too, but when he does he just gets smacked upside the head! :haha:)

Thanks HA, I only had one mature follie, so I'm not sure if the cramping would be from that. I'm not going to stress too much about it though, from all of the feedback I've gotten, it's normal. I feel a little tired and nauseous today. I'm guessing that is from the trigger. Nothing serious, I just feel a little off today. I want to BD today as a last effort, but I don't feel like it. We'll see.

Oh, I forgot to mention, yesterday I was driving DH to his appointment and I was getting annoyed by the traffic. I looked at the time because I was stressed about not getting there in time and it was 11:11! So we both made our wish together. Later I was exiting the parking garage and they were letting cars leave without paying. It felt like a lucky day.

Heart- awesome to hear you got the 11:11 wish in! That is good sperm you got in there and your 1 follie sounds great. Many people get preg on 1.

I didnt have u/s right before iui, it was 3 days before and now 4 days after. They just assume your follies grow more in between last u/s and iui. I haven't heard of many places doing the 4-6 day post iui u/s but glad mine does. My prog came back at 65 so I only have to take 1 prog supp/day (50mg)

Ha- im a little nervous with 6 but given history, I would be shocked if even 1 got to heartbeat stage. I read up on Kate gosselin- she only had 3-4 follies and had 7 sacs! Those kids aren't even identicle so don't know what happened there. I don't think she ever had any m/c before ttc though so she never knew our struggle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->