Recurrent Miscarriage Thread

Hey Razcox, haven't seen you in ages!
Congratulations! :yipee::yipee::yipee:

I have my fingers crossed that this will be your sticky one fxfxfx :dust:

Are you doing anything differently this time round? Has your doc suggested any medication?

Nope nothing anyone can do now it will already have been decided if this is going to be a viable one or not. I have a translocation which means 50% of my eggs will result in a MC should they met with mr swimmer and implant. Tend to lose them at about 8 weeks so got a bit of a wait to find out now.

Oh dear, I'm sorry to hear that, Razcox. Mine tend to go at 8 weeks, too (nkcells?) so I totally understand having to go through that wait to see whether this is the one that survives. It's tough, but you can do it! Big hugs and good gene thoughts to your baby xoxox

Gosh never in a million years did I think I would post here. I have 4 children. I lost a baby boy in June at 17 weeks, we had no idea why, his due date, will have been Thursday. We waited our 2 cycles, and started to TTC, and got pregnant right away. I now have lost our baby at 14+ weeks. I though the other 2nd rimester loss was a fluke, but appaarently not. I am having a D&C today, since last time I almost bled to death, and tis time we are having some tests done. Oh, I also had an early mc years ago, but that was just, I thought, just something that happened. Sorry for everyone here.

Oh Jenni, I'm so sorry for your losses :hugs: :cry:
That is just so horrible and I am sorry to welcome you here.
You will find that though sometimes a little bitter and sad we are a very supportive bunch and the information available through this thread is amazing.
If you don't mind me asking, are you in the UK?

Jenni so sorry for your losses. :cry: Like Pip said, if you have to go through this tragedy, you couldn't pick a more supportive group of ladies to be there for you. They are simply amazing. :hugs:

I will whisper congrats to you Raz! I hope this will be the one :hugs:

Well, stupid me decided to test this morning- BFN of course. I know it's early, but I'm just not feelin it this time if you know what I mean. And why was seeing that so devastating?? I just wanted to get back in the bed and cry all day.

Hi Razzers, welcome back and Congrats! I just read your post on the disco thread and then saw it here too. I'm so pleases for you. I can imagine how scared you must be now too. These early days are the hardest.

Jenni, I'm so sorry for your losses. It's good that you are going to get some testing done. You've been through enough. Now it's time to find out why.

Amos, chin up girl. It's still way to early for the BFP. On months that I felt preggo, I wasn't and on months that I didn't think it worked, it did! You never know. It is quite devastating to see only one line though. Maybe you should give it a couple of days before testing again just to give your emotions a break.

Thanks Heart....I am going to wait til Wednesday now. I will be 12DPO so I think that will pretty much show it if I am or if I'm not. I promised myself I would not do all this, this time around. But my heart just won't let me! How are you?

Hopeful- did you test the trigger out?

hi girls -

jenni - sorry you had to post here, i never thought i would be in this situation either after 4 m/cs, 1 chemical preg (all unexplained) and no kids yet (i'm 36)
do you have 4 children plus have the losses? i haven't had to go through losses after 5/6 weeks, i think it would be so hard to deal with, but I hope you can find some answers.
there are other gals on here too that had children plus had losses -

amos - trigger still gave me a medium line last night - 7 days past trigger (not as dark as the control line but not too light either) which is the same color line it gave me Sat night (6 days past). so we'll see tonight. i'm just so hopped up on hormones right now ;)
i hate seeing that one lonely line too after the trigger tests out. just to remind everyone, i had bfp show up 17 dpiui (but another early m/c) in aug so you really can get bfp later on. i never would have believed it if it didn't happen to me. i had no symptoms except i didn't get AF for 6 days after going off of progesterone. then a few days after bfp, my bbs started getting really sore and i was peeing more often.

heart - how are you feeling?

razcox - cute avatar pic! congrats on bfp but know how you feel. praying that this is the 50% that is good. have you ever looked into PGD testing with IVF? they can look for abnormalities and only implant the good ones. i am not sure if it helps 100% with your situation but I have heard that it does help. i'm just curious if girls with the translocation issue look into this (I am looking into it but am unexplained so not sure if it would help).

I think padbrat looked into it but there was a risk in her case that she might only be producing translocated eggs so she decided to go with egg donation instead.

razcox - cute avatar pic! congrats on bfp but know how you feel. praying that this is the 50% that is good. have you ever looked into PGD testing with IVF? they can look for abnormalities and only implant the good ones. i am not sure if it helps 100% with your situation but I have heard that it does help. i'm just curious if girls with the translocation issue look into this (I am looking into it but am unexplained so not sure if it would help).

Yep been waiting to hear if we will get funding from the PCT since July, had all the tests done by the FS but not heard anything for ages. everytime i try and chase it up i get promised a phone call but nothing happens. No idea if i am on the waiting list or not . . .

Ah Razcox, how annoying! I guess you'll have to keep on their backs...

Not much to report. Trigger line is still the same as the last few days. Even though I'm 5dpt, I test in the morning. I gave myself the trigger at midnight so really my test this morning was 4 days and 6 hours past trigger. I wish it would start to get lighter now. It has made me nauseous after I eat anything and I'm super moody. If I'm going to feel this way I want it to he the real thing, not artificial. I start my progesterone today.

Hopeful, one of my fears is that I'll stop progesterone too early and then get a BFP. Some of my tests weren't a BFP until 14dpo. I feel like I want to stop progesterone at 12dpo so that I'll get AF 2 days later. When are you testing and when are you stopping your progesterone if it isn't a BFP?

Amos, when are you stopping your progesterone if it isn't a BFP?

I go for my blood test this friday- thank goodness they agreed to do it then and not wait til my birthday Monday. I assume they will give me the results late that afternoon and if it is a negative I will stop progesterone that day. Of course I will test Wednesday and Friday morning, but will not stop prog until I hear it from the bloodwork. Like you- I am too scared to stop anything until I know 100%. Only thing I am praying for is they will be able to give me the results friday afternoon and not wait til Monday. I really don't want my birthday to be that kind of day.

Sorry you have been nauseous and moody- just makes you long for the real thing. Or at least it did me. Mine did go away once I was negative on the test, so I hope yours goes away too (at least for a few days til the real thing kicks in!)

Well looks like I have a chemical to add to my list of mc!! Girls remind me never to test again before AF is due!!!

I'm actually ok about it, something didn't feel right from the day I first tested and I would definitely rather know now xx

i'm really moody too!

heart - i was so worried when i stopped prog last aug on 11 dpiui (yes, stopped way early as really didn't think it was preg) and then AF didn't come for 6 days and then tested and had bfp. the RE said that it was fine that i had stopped prog and just to start it back up again (which i did).

BUT - after all of that - this time i will keep on prog until 18 dpiui probably if i don't get bfp (then would stay on it anyway). last month i actually got AF when i was on prog (but that suspected very early chemical preg probably had something to do with it, it was a very strange cycle and AF came a day early even on Prog). that is the only time I have gotten AF on prog.

even if it "doesn't hurt anything" to go off of it, I really don't want to take that chance.

bumpy - just read your post - sorry to hear that! i had a suspected chemical last month - didn't even pay too much attention to it and was able to start stimming this month like normal. when i had hcg tests, within 5 days it went from 2.5 to 5 to 2 but i totally felt pregnant (way more so than prog makes you feel). and had a very light line on hpt (after trigger tested out). i think trigger tested out day 9 or 10 after trigger shot last month.

afm: slight period-like cramps today, constantly, still temp of 99.0, bbs hurt, and creamy CM (had to throw that one in - you all have me thinking about it now, never paid attention to any before) - way to go progesterone suppositories!

Bumpy- I'm so sorry :(

Hopeful- how many dpiui are you again? I cannot keep up with anything.

I think that am at the right place i need some advice ASAP at the end of october i got a very unexpected BFP at the doctors only to find out two days later that i was having a m/c bc i had begun to bleed the day before. well it has been three weeks today and i just found out that i may need a d&c bc my hcg levels are all over the place at first they were 435 then they went to 480 then they jumped to 754 then they went back down to 237 and we were happy but sad although that meant the end was near we had been given the green light to ttca but just now i got a call that said my levels are back up to the three hundreds has anyone gone through this, should i request one last u/s to make sure that there is no baby, the last u/s haven't showed anything but am scared to any advice would be great

Amos, lucky you that you get a blood test. My clinic didn't offer one. I have my 10miu and FRER's in hand, so hopefully if it is a BFP, I can detect it early.

Raz, you don't need to worry about the doctor returning your call, because this one is the 50% that is good! I have everything crossed for you, including my legs, since I've already Ov'd and am in the TWW!

amos - i am 6 dpiui today

lucy - sorry you have to go through all this - so is there a sac there that they can see and if so, is it just empty?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->