Recurrent Miscarriage Thread

35, I plan to take the progesterone until the end of my cycle or BFP. My concern is that the BFP will come too late, like Hopeful's did at 17dpiui. I don't want to keep taking them past 13 or 14 dpiui. But what if I'm pregnant and I stopped them for a few days and then found out I was actually pregnant. I just hope that if I am pregnant, I'll get a BFP early and won't have to worry about this scenario. How are you doing? How is the bean?

my fs wanted to make sure even if i had the :bfp: continue them until 15 weeks or so. can you ask to take them longer? I am doing okay...i get these little cramps now and then but not often. my belly looks like its under attach consider i have to take the daily injections ..other then that i am coming along...and only feel under the weather if i don't eat so i try to eat the small meals :haha: i did say try :rofl: i sure don't want to be fatter then what i am now after the 40weeks is over lol Now sure how the little bean is (hey bean lol thats my maiden name too) they want my beta to be 3000 before i go in for an u/s. i have to get the beta done ever week until i reach the numbers. the next one is this thursday nov.18.

35, I guess I must have written my last post confusing. Yes, if I get a BFP, then I'll be on the progesterone through the first trimester. I just don't want to take them if I'm not pregnant. I don't want to delay AF from coming. At the same time, I'm afraid to stop taking them at the end of my cycle just in case my BFP shows up late. I'm just going to stop taking them at 13dpiui and if no AF comes, I'll keep testing and start taking them again if it is a late BFP.

Good luck this Thursday!

As for testing, I will be 13dpo on Thanksgiving. Blah. I'll probably test on 12dpo and if it is negative I may wait until 14dpo so I don't have to test on Thanksgiving. I doubt I'll have that kind of control though. I'll probably keep doing tests every day until I test out the trigger and then keep going. I'm an addict that way.[/QUOTE]

You sound like you have about as much willpower as me :haha:

35- I love seeing your posts. They are always so bright and cheerful with all those smilies! Glad you are doing well!

I used to be good at restraint, but somewhere along the road, I lost all willpower. I love POAS!!!

well i did request one last u/s and blood test before the D&C tomorrow and the u/s showed no pregnancy that was visible and the blood work went back down so my OB strongly suggests a D&C and am calm and scared about the whole thing but i know that all is going to be ok. they also did a test to see if am anemic bc am feeling weak and tired and so hopefully tomorrow they will have some answers she did tell me if they didnt find any fetal tissue that they would insert a tube to look at my tube to make sure that its not ectopic i guess am just happy that all this is going to be over soon

heart and amos - i'm gonna pee on a stick every day and even thought about twice/day but that's too much $ as i only will use the FRER. i never was this way until last month (poas crazy). i'm saving them from day to day and writing the dpiui on them with a black sharpie

heart - my good friends know what's going on and they just say i look so sad and stressed all the time. if other people ask, i'm like amos and say "i'm doing good."

lucy - i'm glad you are able to get in tomorrow, it will be good to get it over with and get some answers

35 - i love your posts too! nice and cheery - you should get us a pic of your stomach with all the shots - did any of the bruises get really big? i have one that's still lingering from follistim or something and is about 3/4 in by 1/2 in

Lucy, I'm glad they are being proactive. This is exactly the attention and care you need right now. I hope it isn't an ectopic, but if it is, it's a very good thing they are investigating. I've had 4 d&c's and yes they are scary, but they also aren't that bad. If they aren't putting you under anesthesia, make sure to ask what kind of pain killer they will be giving you. If they aren't giving you any, make sure to take some yourself. I had Vicodin, so I took that. But if you don't, make sure to take some ibuprofen.

Also, if they don't find any pregnancy tissue after the D&C, it may be an ectopic. You should ask about your options if it is an ectopic. They can do surgery to remove it or they can give you a shot of methotrexate. The surgery may mean you will lose your fallopian tube which is what happened to me. If you take the methotrexate shot, you will have to keep getting your bloods tested until they reach 0. Then you have to wait a few months before TTC again, because the methotrexate can be toxic to a new fetus. If you have any questions, please ask us. We are a wealth of information.

The silver lining to all of this is that once you get through this, you can move forward with TTC again.

Good luck. Sending massive hugs to you. :hugs:

Hopeful, I'm doing the same thing with all my tests. I have my sharpie stored next to my tests in the bathroom and have a catalog of them. I throw them out after each cycle though. I would have used FRER's too, but then found the 10miu tests on Early Pregnancy Tests.com and bought those. I'm saving my FRERs. I plan to use one on the first day that I test negative on my 10miu IC. I want to see if the FRER is more sensitive. Then I'm going to use both tests to hopefully test back up to a BFP!

Seriously, I need help. :rofl:

Thanks for the welcome ladies. We just got back from our D&E. UGH! Lots of hugs to all of you.

Lucy, when you mention the option of a tube to check your tubes does that mean they reserve the option to convert the D&C to a laparoscopy (tubes through your belly button and little holes in your bikini line)? I suppose in that case that you will have a general anaesthetic and that they will make a decision regarding tubal surgery and methotrexate on the spot depending on what they find. If the gestational sac is still small it doesn't necessarily mean you will lose your tube. My friend had an ectopic with a serious collapse and emergency surgery and they saved her tube. A few months later she fell pregnant again and is due her baby in January.
Even with all I wrote, it might be a 'simple' miscarriage and the D&C will take care of it for you. It's hard emotionally but the operation is very fast and simple and you will be well looked after. It is not a very physically painful experience. Big big :hug: for tomorrow!

35, I, too smiled at your happy looking post. I was reading it imagining your accent with it :)
If I remember correctly from your ectopic experience, your doctor prefers external scans? That would explain why he is waiting for your hcg levels to go up to 3,000. It'll happen faster than you know it!

As for the bruised bellies, does anyone fancy a wall of shame? I am planning on taking a picture of mine tomorrow and if I can bear it I'll put it up here :haha:

Jenni:hugs::hugs:

Heart- I thought I was a bad addict LOL

Lucy- thoughts and prayers with you tomorrow. :hugs: Please update us when you can.

heart petitpas and hopeful and to others that have given me so much support through this ordeal THANKS SO MUCH YOU GUYS HAVE NO IDEA WHAT IT MEANS TO ME all the support makes me cry from what i understand they are going to give me genaral anesthesia ? if they dont find any fetal tissue after the D&C then they are going to insert the tube to check that its not an ectopic but she said that if was she thought that since this is such an early pregnancy that they should be able to save my tube and she reasured me that they would do everything possible since i only have the one ovary and tube and no kids she thankfully understands my fear of not being able to conceive but she thinks that i probably just have left over fetal tissue that is causing all these problems. i just want this to end so that i can ttca again as soon as im able to i just hope all turns out well tomorrow again thanks so much for all the support

thanks amos am doing alot of praying myself that all i need is a D&C and that it will be over

Jenni :hugs:

Lucy, I'm so glad they are putting you under general anesthesia. You will have no memory of it. Also you won't have to worry about doing a methotrexate shot. It is very possible that they will be able to save your tube so early in the pregnancy if it is an ectopic, like Pip said. I was about 9 weeks along and my ectopic was 3 cm which was why they removed my tube.

You sound like you are in good hands and you'll get through this, I promise. :hugs:

Pip, I could post my ectopic scars but I haven't had to give myself any injections except the trigger shot.

Lucy, we'll have our fingers crossed for you tomorrow :hugs:
Your doctor sounds like she will do everything for you, which is very reassuring!

Hi ladies 9 babies so so sorry thinking of you xxxx
Bumpy thinking of you to hun xxx
Lucy I have had levels go up even though confirmed mc! They then slowly went down! So I had a d and c! Couldn't prolong agony! But that's me I no d and c isn't for everyone. Well I'm still waiting for my referral back to my local hospital!! For my hysterocopy but St Marys haven't even bloody sent it yet!!
Brick wall comes to mind!
They said I have a slightly heart shape uterus has anyone else had this? They don't no if that's effecting it but hysterocopy is only way to tell!! I'm prob not gonna b able to have it now till end of jan! So I took my clomid again this month!! Can't waste another month not trying when I don't even have a date for an appointment! Haveng been preg since July! I miss it! X

Oh Davies, that sucks! I can't believe they haven't sent the referral yet! I don't blame you for wanting to try again. I was suspected to have a heart shaped uterus, but found out later it was adenomyosis. I have heard that a heart shaped uterus can increase chances of miscarriages, but I also have heard of women having successful pregnancies with this shape. You just need an embryo to implant in a good part of your uterus. I've also heard that with this kind of shape, pregnancy can help stretch it out and make it more round.

Pip, I worthless now. I POAS every chance I get. I used to be the one telling everyone not to test. I bribed them with gold stars and other treats. But it's just too fun to look at lines. I've only allowed myself one test a day while testing out the trigger, but believe me, I've been tempted to do more just to see the two lines! :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->