Recurrent Miscarriage Thread

unfortunately they were never able to see anything at all from what my ob told me today she thought that i might have just been just 2 weeks preg but there is no way of knowing i have severe pcos and my last period was way back in march i was put metfomin about two months ago my reg doctor thinks that since my body was responding bc i have diabetes it caused me to ovulate we got lucky and ended up preg although it ended in a m/c i was able to find out that i can get preg since i had been told since i was 19 that i would never be able to conceive so to me this is sad but at the same time i know that i have an other chance to have a munchkin as soon as all this is over with

unfortunately they were never able to see anything at all from what my ob told me today she thought that i might have just been just 2 weeks preg but there is no way of knowing i have severe pcos and my last period was way back in march i was put metfomin about two months ago my reg doctor thinks that since my body was responding bc i have diabetes it caused me to ovulate we got lucky and ended up preg although it ended in a m/c i was able to find out that i can get preg since i had been told since i was 19 that i would never be able to conceive so to me this is sad but at the same time i know that i have an other chance to have a munchkin as soon as all this is over with

Davies - I had a heart shaped uterus and had saline infusion tests, MRI , u/s, HSG, and finally a laparoscopy/ hysteroscopy which fully determined a huge septum and they resected it. They explained it like this: if u have a rubberband and pull it tight on either end, it makes a wall that is like the septum and it pulls he top of your uterus down so it looks like a heat shape. the septum basically divides your uterus in 2 halves. With the surgery, they snip the wall in the middle so the top can go back up to where it should go. So my heart shaped uterus was a septate uterus. I've had m/cs before and after surgery though but glad I did it. They said my uterus is a prett normal shape now. I've read that a septate uterus is misdiagnosed like 90%of the time as they can't tell unless they go in there.

Welcome back Davies! That really stinks about the referral. Does the medical field not know how important this it to us? Quit wasting time!

On a totally different note- how do you guys feel about hot baths while TTC, in the TWW and when pregnant? Just curious..

Hi Amos! I don't do hot baths in 2ww ( i wish) but I have been soaking my feet in hot water 2-3 times /day as I've read that acupuncturists have you keep your feet warm because " cold feet =cold uterus" and your uterus should be warm. Lol

Amos, from what I've read, heat is bad for sperm but not ovaries. I think it's fine for ttc. But I might steer clear in the tww. Just in case. I know that once pregnant, your body shouldnt get to hot. I'm a shower girl myself. I want to like baths but I get bored.

Lucy, my friend was told as a teenager she wouldn't be able to have children. She has two kids now and never had a mc. Don't believe everything they tell you. You clearly can get pregnant!

Thanks hopeful...I want to take one, but I admit I'm too paranoid to do it.

K...I'm not going to take the chance. Just not worth it. Guess if I keep getting negatives maybe I can have one on Thursday :(

heart- that is so true my DH likes to take the credit that he was the ONE that got me preg. we have been together for almost three years but married for a year and a half not to bring up bad memories but i was in a relationship before him that lasted 4 years and never got anything he left for that reason but am so much happier now

Well today I am officially one week into my preparing to TTC programme. The flax oil is particularly disgusting, may need to go in search of capsules.

Bumpy so sorry to hear your news. Chemicals are such a huge disappointment, pitfalls of early testing I'm afraid. I've had 3 myself and was awful all the anticipation and excitement one day, then the next nothing.
Hope you're ok x.

Plan to catch up on the thread to post any replies and comments over past few days that I've missed.
In the meantime, a quick hello to everyone :)

Hi ladies 9 babies so so sorry thinking of you xxxx
Bumpy thinking of you to hun xxx
Lucy I have had levels go up even though confirmed mc! They then slowly went down! So I had a d and c! Couldn't prolong agony! But that's me I no d and c isn't for everyone. Well I'm still waiting for my referral back to my local hospital!! For my hysterocopy but St Marys haven't even bloody sent it yet!!
Brick wall comes to mind!
They said I have a slightly heart shape uterus has anyone else had this? They don't no if that's effecting it but hysterocopy is only way to tell!! I'm prob not gonna b able to have it now till end of jan! So I took my clomid again this month!! Can't waste another month not trying when I don't even have a date for an appointment! Haveng been preg since July! I miss it! X

Hi Davies, I have a uterus anomaly. At my first early scan they noticed I have a heart shaped uterus. So was told that it was bicornuate.
Then at my D&C they said I actually have uterus didelphys..two completely seperate wombs each with their own cervix..even more rare but the best of all uterus anomalies. Before trying to conceive again I have pushed for further tests to determine exactly what I have as this is often misdiagnosed and it is really a septum and if this is the case it will cause recurrent miscarriages if its not removed. Im waiting for a hysteroscopy aswell under general anaesthetic and also an MRI as these are the only ways to diagnose for certain. If it is a septum I was told I would be referred to have it removed but it wont be done in Scotland, likely to be London. Its killing me all of these delays.
On top of this though they have detected a blood clotting problem and I will receive heparin and progesterone for next pregnancy. It is hard for them to say for certain what has caused my miscarriages..is it the clotting or is it a septum.
Sounds like your in exactly the same boat..you may well have a septum. Bicornuate heart shaped uteruses do not cause early miscarriages but septums do! Will you have to wait long for your hysteroscopy? Will it be done under general anaesthetic?
I got an hour long internal exam 2 weeks ago and it was horrible, the doctor started using the telescope thing and it was so painful so he said Id need to have it under anaesthetic as even the bravest woman cant cope.
Lorraine

Davies, when I didn't hear from St Mary's about my hysteroscopy date for ages I called them and chased it up. It was supposed to be today btw :haha:
We also decided to ttc in the meantime as we went under Mr S's care and I was given steroids.

Lucy, I'm glad you have hope now. There seem to be many women with PCOS who were told they would not conceive. That doesn't seem quite true now. There are different treatments available and although it is difficult to conceive it is certainly still possible! Good luck with your journey :hugs:

Lee, so exciting to be starting up again! :yipee: I hope you find a good alternative to the disgusting oil. I shudder at even the thought of putting it in my mouth!

Heart... I may have tested several times a day with my internet cheapies... :blush:

Justkeeptrying, could you ask to have your hysteroscopy done in London? Then they could resect your septum right away if needed? You would only have one operation and one waiting list...

Amos, I don't think there is anything wrong in taking a warm bath. Just not a boiling hot one.
I actually went to a spa with hot springs at 7dpo this time round. I just made sure I didn't spend more than ten minutes in the warmer baths (36 and 38 C so close to body temperature) and basically didn't stay anywhere where I would sweat.
So go ahead and run your bath but not to a temperature where it burns your skin and you have sweat forming on your forehead. A lot of people in the UK prefer baths to showers so it is quite normal behaviour here.

Here goes:
https://i840.photobucket.com/albums/zz325/petitpas/IMAG0946.jpg

Wow Pip! Makes me hurt just looking at you :hugs: Little Ducky appreciates all your hard work and bruising!

Welcome to the TTC world again Lee- hope you can find something a little bit more tasty than that nasty oil.

The weather here sums up my mood to a T. Rainy, gloomy, just plain BLAH. I tested a :bfn::bfn: again today. I know I'm out. It was so hard to go ahead with protocol knowing it's no use. I told myself I could save that expensive shot and suppository for next month when it might actually be needed. But NO- I went ahead and did it. Why does seeing the negative hurt almost as much as my losses? I am almost unable to keep it together here at work. If I had the time to take off, I would go back home. I know I said I would wait til my blood test to stop using the meds, but what DPO do you think it would be safe? I would really like to stop now.

Pip the first thing I notice is your glorious Ducky bump. Then I wince at all of the bruises the top right one looks like a mug of hot chocolate with steam coming off the top.

Amos, it is such a personal decision when to stop. You know I've been wondering the same thing if I get a bfn at 11 or 12 dpo. Not sure I can tell you what to do. I know for me, many of my BFP's don't show up until 14 or 15 dpo, so I think I might continue with my meds until then. When do yours usually show up? Maybe that can help guide you.

I thought you weren't going to test today! It's only Tuesday naughty girl. Not that I'm any better.

Lee, I know flax seed come in capsule form. Don't torture yourself with the taste. Congrats on getting back on the ttc program!

Nothing to report really since it's only 6:30 am here. I think my test line got lighter this morning from the trigger.

I told you I wouldn't be able to hold out til later hahah...I could barely sleep last night for thinking about getting up and testing. Sick Sick Sick I am....mine usually show up at 11 or 12...so I guess technically I still have tomorrow which is 12dpo. I need help....I tell myself over and over that this is just the first month of all these meds and that if it doesn't work there is always next month. I promised myself that I would not think too much about this whole process- that if it happened, it happened. I was in such a good place in my head before this try. I feel myself slowing slipping back to where I was after my last loss. WTH?? It was a negative pregnancy test, not a miscarriage!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->