Recurrent Miscarriage Thread

Thanks Pip..just tested with a FRER and a super big fat negative. It's ok. Im just glad to know so I can move on. Now I have to live vicariously through you gals!!! I'm about to make a drink and get in the tub! Thanks for listening to me!

Ooh er! A drink in the tub sounds fab! Do you have candles and a good book, too?

Seriously ladies, someone just sent this following message to me on Facebook:

HAPPY TO ANNOUNCE WE ARE EXPECTING
AGAIN !!! I know, I know, its crazy isn't it? I can't
believe it myself. I was not going to put it on here but
wanted to make it official... I mean who would have
guessed that we're expecting!! Yup… its official... We
are expecting Christmas in just over 6 weeks !!! Re- post if you have any sense of humour lol xx

Un (f****) believable. I hope this doesn't upset anyone like it did me, be warned ladies, this looks like one of those ridiculous updates and emails that go around.
Arggghhhhh!!!!!

What a dumbass...

It's gotten quiet in here! Hope everyone is ok!

Pip- the bath and drink didn't work out. I kept telling myself- what if...HAHAHAH....but today I am major cramping so I wouldn't be surprised if she showed early. I am ok with it today. I had a talk with hubby last night and told him next cycle was it- and if I tell him to spooge in a cup, he has to spooge in a cup...if I tell him to drop his pants in the middle of the grocery store and get horizontal with me, he has to....ok, well, maybe not that last part, but I told him I needed him to cooperate with me this time!
For now I am going to look forward to being able to have a drink on my birthday and drinks with friends tomorrow night. I sound like an alcoholic don't I? HAHAHAHAH

Hey, I don't blame you for wanting to celebrate your birthday! Have a mojito and think of me :D

I will have TWO for you.....seeing as how you are "with child" and all :haha:

Good attitude Amos. Glad you told your hubby what you want. Also glad you are going to have some drinks. :wine:

I enjoy my alcohol too. Especially after a bfn. Drink away my friend. And have a third for me since I can't bring myself to have any in the tww.

Trigger line is almost gone today at 6 days and 6 hours past trigger. My guess is it will be completely gone tomorrow. I've been drinking a lot of water to try and flush it out of my system. Not sure if it worked or not, but I'm pleased it isn't hanging around for 14 days like it does for some women. I'm on my way to the lab right now to get my bloods taken to check my thyroid. Even though it was normal at 2.61, they wanted it under 2.5 for fertility. I've been on meds for a month, so now we need to see if they helped.

I will definitely have one for you too Heart....and in another week, maybe I will be able to have TWO for you as well!!
Glad the trigger is getting on out of here...I hope the next week goes by quickly for you.
Anyone have big plans for Thanksgiving? Have any advice on how to avoid family that has babies??

Amos- you said that you did the IUI two days before o...what made you doctor say that day was the day. I think my doctor did it too early too. I'm a little frustrated. I have also read 6-12 hour life span for washed sperm. SOrry for the BFN. Glad your husband is willing to give it his all next month!

No advice, we don't have thanksgiving. Maybe take your mojitos, your husband and hide in a cave until it's all over?

My current panic is about my mum buying stuff for when my nephew visits next month. She wants to buy a crib, a pushchair and a high chair at the least! I'm not sure I feel comfortable with having them in my house. It's ok if they are his and they leave the house with him but things that stay - I don't know :shrug:
Irrational thoughts, I know, but I keep making excuses so she doesn't start buying things. :haha:

Anyone have big plans for Thanksgiving? Have any advice on how to avoid family that has babies??

I have no advice. Last Thanksgiving I made up a lie as to why I had to leave and cried the whole way home. Since I was recently married they laid the baby stuff on thick and I couldn't take it. This year I'm avoiding them altogether. Either going on a trip with just DH and I or spending it with the non-pushy side of the family. :thumbup:

Amos- you said that you did the IUI two days before o...what made you doctor say that day was the day. I think my doctor did it too early too. I'm a little frustrated. I have also read 6-12 hour life span for washed sperm. SOrry for the BFN. Glad your husband is willing to give it his all next month!

Well, on Tuesday I had one follie that measured around 19 something. When he saw that, he was worried we were going to miss O if we didn't do it that next day. So they did another ultrasound Wednesday morning and there was no follie even close to that- the biggest I had were around 15 and 16. I think the follie was measured wrong the day before, but we went ahead and did the IUI that day. I didn't start ovulating til Friday morning so I KNOW we missed that window. I really believe that. Since this was my first time doing IUI I was kind of blind going in. But now that I have one under my belt, I will make sure everything is done the way I want it done. Sounds high and mighty, but it's MY money, MY body and hopefully one day, MY baby. If I had known what I know now, I would have made the doctor wait until at least Thursday before doing it after seeing the most recent ultrasound. How did your IUI go? What makes you think yours was too early as well?

Pip- I understand about the baby things being in the house. I wouldn't want them there either...just weird feelings on my part too I guess.

I have no advice. Last Thanksgiving I made up a lie as to why I had to leave and cried the whole way home. Since I was recently married they laid the baby stuff on thick and I couldn't take it. This year I'm avoiding them altogether. Either going on a trip with just DH and I or spending it with the non-pushy side of the family. :thumbup:

The thing that really makes me sick is my brother has 2 stepdaughters that both have 2 kids- all of them out of wedlock and all by different boys. Plus they were both babies when they had their babies....makes me sick and jealous at the same time. And they are both B******. So you see why I avoid that house. But my stepdaughter will be here and she wants to see the kids....it's so hard.

Amos2009 :hi: Hope you enjoyed your hot bath and your cocktail. Now that would be funny but its okay! You should have did it anyway lol and no you didn’t sound like you were an alcoholic either. Have fourth mojito for me too! Lol Sorry Amos don’t do Thanksgiving in Bermuda. Isn’t the REAL reason for that is the celebrate stealing the US land from the Indians?? :blush:How cruel…and they made this a holdiday…..:blush:

Peptitpas: :wave: have a wonderful day! yes have one on me too Amos! I had a mojito before and its was soo good but I had idea it could be made so many ways!

Hopefull23456: :hi: have a wonderful day!

Heart tree: :wave: good to hear lol good to read the trigger shot is fading out of your system. Good luck :dust:

Hopefulmamma2b: :wave: have a wonderful day!

Is there any way you could limit your time with them? Have somewhere else to go later in the day as an excuse to leave? I don't know, something really fun and unnecessary like go-karting :D

funny - we started having thanksgiving after we got away from the UK to the new land, right? - LOL and just kidding
35 - read your post, yes, because we stole the land - what a strange thing to celebrate.

i told my parents i will not be around any kids for the holidays - we have to have adult time.

i used to LOVE wine and probably still do, i would put down a couple of large bottles/month. haven't drank in a long time now.

my trigger was still there, very faintly, last night at 9 dpt (7dpiui)
and I bought MORE frers - I've bought 3 boxes now, 3 tests in each (it's a two back with a "bonus" one in there to make 3).

Hopeful, at the rate you are going through FRERs you won't be able to make Christmas with children, either, as you'll be too broke to buy them presents! :haha:

LOL Pip! hey - i'm trying to load my pic up here but i keep getting "upload failed" i've cropped it down a bit - any tips on getting an avatar pic in here? FRERs are christmas presents to myself ;)

I load my pictures onto photobucket and then just copy/paste the url in here.

Amos, I agree with Pip. Try and leave early if you can't completely blow off the entire event. Last Thanksgiving my husband's cousins (who are sisters) both announced they were pregnant with their second child right before Thanksgiving. I was hosting it at my house and was still grieving my 3rd loss. I wrote them both an email telling them that I was happy for them, but was still really sad for myself. I told them that if they started talking about pregnancy/baby related stuff while I was in the room, I reserved the right to move to another room as a way to protect myself. They were both very kind and understanding and neither talked about their pregnancies the whole day. I also got tipsy, which definitely helped matters!

Hopefulmama, why do you think they did your IUI too early? I have researched the life of the washed sperm, and honestly, the jury is still out. I read on many reputable websites that it can be a couple of days. It seems that every RE has a different opinion about this. Don’t count yourself out yet.

Pip, can you talk to your mum about having the stuff left at your house? I know mine would completely understand, but I don’t know what kind of relationship you have with yours. Rather than make excuses, can you be honest with her about why it is so hard?

35, technically, Thanksgiving is supposed to be about how the Pilgrims and Indians made nice with each other and were able to have a dinner together in harmony. But in reality, there was a pillaging of Indians and their land. In my house, I actually changed the name of Thanksgiving to “Native American Appreciation Day” and read a Native American poem before we eat.

Hopeful, you are as stocked up as I am with FRERs. Hopefully you and I both will have the trigger out of us tomorrow. Oooh, hurry up with your avatar! I want to see you!

This year I thought we were going to spend Native American Appreciation Day with one of DH’s cousins and her 2 kids. But we found out they are going to be out of town. In some ways I’m happy. But now we don’t have anyone to spend it with and I’m bummed. I love all the food. But I’ll also know if I have a BFP or BFN that day, so I might not want to be around anyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->