Recurrent Miscarriage Thread

To be honest, I never liked telling him exactly when the critical time was.
Once he saw one of my opk sticks in the bathroom and came bounding into the bedroom asking me whether it was a positive pregnancy test so he wasn't following very closely. I'd just give him an update every so often. I'd also tell him during the tww that it was too early to test but then test anyway :rofl:

To be honest, I never liked telling him exactly when the critical time was.
Once he saw one of my opk sticks in the bathroom and came bounding into the bedroom asking me whether it was a positive pregnancy test so he wasn't following very closely. I'd just give him an update every so often. I'd also tell him during the tww that it was too early to test but then test anyway :rofl:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I'm an extreme charter. I have all my charts from when I started ttc two years ago and I often look back and compare.
Darn. I sound like I have an obsessive character what with the poas addiction and the charting... :haha:

Well, in the name of obsessiveness, I was stalking your charts yesterday! :blush: I thought "dang, that woman is fertile!" It looks like sometimes you would only BD on the day before Ov or on Ov day and you get pregnant. Very impressive!

Hi ladies i was hopeing my Beta would be higher but its only 423.79. :cry: i have to get it done again on Saturday morning. sighhh:coffee:

Thus far my chats are:

Beta #1 Nov.2 = 6.43

two days later Beta #2 Nov.4 = 18.60

six days later Beta #3 Nov.10 = 206.69

six days later beta #4 Nov.17 = 423.79

Oh 35, I'm so sorry you are in such limbo until Monday. My doctor told me that numbers do weird things in the early stages of pregnancy and when they don't double, it doesn't always mean something is wrong. It's pure hell to wait until Monday. I hope you are able to find a way to relax a bit this weekend. Thinking of you. :hugs:

Crazy question- have you guys ever ran across someone on this site that ended up being a liar about their whole TTC journey? I remember a few when I first joined- just got me thinking how in the world someone would make up such shit stories just for attention. I'm off in a whole 'nother tangent today :haha::haha:

I've never had proof that someone was lying, but I've had some suspicions. Someone accused another person of lying on another thread I used to be on a lot. It was definitely a possibility. How do you prove something like that though? On one hand, I don't get how anyone could do that. It's not only time consuming and cruel to the other women, but boy, it must be exhausting to maintain an ongoing lie like that. On the other hand, I imagine if you are lonely, isolated, or depressed, it might be the only way to find connections with other women. Is there someone you think is lying? I need the gossip!

Ok, so apparently my POAS addiction has become more of a shopping for FRER addiction. I just went to Target and the 3 pack was on sale for $9! I already have 8 sticks at home. I almost bought 2 boxes of 3 packs, but then put one back. I still bought a box though. Now I have 11 FRERs. I need HELP!

Are you kidding me? I'm goin to target right now. It's 2 miles away. Will see if mn stores have same deal

Are you kidding me? I'm goin to target right now. It's 2 miles away. Will see if mn stores have same deal

Run like the wind Hopeful! Get thee some $9 FRERs!!!

My Target is only 1 mile away. It's a good and bad thing for sure. Doesn't help my addiction at all. Or does it?

Wow. The 3 pack of frer is $7 regular price! It's a two pack with a bonus to make 3. I've been buying at Walgreens for 12 I think? For the same thing. Thanks Amanda! Things are cheaper in mn. I bought 2 packs.

Pip - ducky is adorable in scan pic

Amos- I have thought before that people were lying but that it would be impossible to prove

Wow. The 3 pack of frer is $7 regular price! It's a two pack with a bonus to make 3. I've been buying at Walgreens for 12 I think? For the same thing. Thanks Amanda! Things are cheaper in mn. I bought 2 packs.

That's my girl! :rofl:

LOL ladies I am the expert at buying cheap FRER. You should have seen me during my TTC days, my bathroom looked like a lab!

Let me give you a hint, go online to Target.com and click on their coupon link. Then go to the health section. Many times they will have their own $2 coupon off a FRER box. Then go to the First Response website and print off their $2 manufacturer coupon or just clip the coupon that came in a previous FRER box you already have at home.

This will make the $8 box of 3 FRER into a $4 purchase. I bought MANY FRER this way!

well ladies just thought i would let you all know since i had such good support from you all that it was an ectopic pregnancy, on tuesday i got a D&C and she said she would look at my tube if there was no fetal tissue in the uterus and there was not so i had to get an open laparascopy and a d&C and then a small incision on my belly button , boy thank God for DH or who knows where i would be.
Good news i can ttca in about three months if all goes well right now am taking it easy allowing DH to do mostly everything for me so we'll see how it goes in the next few weeks wish me luck baby dust to all

Lucy - good to hear they caught it early! good luck with recovery , take it easy and relax. You will be back in the game before you know it. I have a tiny scar in my belly button from lap- we can start a club

Lucy, glad you are ok. Sounds like they caught it early enough and you got to keep your tube. I'm also glad to hear you have a supportive husband. It took me about a week to physically recover from my ectopic surgery, but mine was more invasive as they removed my tube. I had an incision through my belly button and an incision on either side of my belly button. Those scars are still very visible 4 months later. I hope you heal quickly physically and emotionally.

The FRER fairy! :rofl::rofl: You have provided a much needed laugh catching up on all these posts!

I didn't mean to bring up a negative subject about people lying- I was just lurking on here and reading some posts took me back to those instances where people were busted lying. Anywho......

Lucy- so glad they took good care of you and caught it when they did. I hope your recovery is quick and smooth.

My night tonight- it was so good to see my old friends, and I held up pretty good if I say so myself. I even got to feel my friend's baby kick. I must say it was the most amazing thing ever. I can't wait to have that feeling one day. I talked about their kids and listened to stories- of course they asked if we were going to keep trying and I told them yes one more medicated cycle then we would just go with the flow. I immediately changed the subject because I could tell they were feeling sorry for me and that's the last thing I wanted. I got home feeling a little down, but I checked my mail before I came in. I had a card from an old friend from college whom I have recently re-connected with through facebook. She has had numerous miscarriages, numerous IUI tries and 3 IVF tries. She finally has her forever baby after using donor eggs. So if anyone knows about my struggle it's her. It has been so nice to be able to talk to her on the phone and not have to hide my emotions. Back to the card- in it it said "I wanted to send you something that has been very special to me. These are Tibetan Prayer Flags and they've been with me a long time- through my fertility journey. I want to pass them onto you, in hopes they bring you luck. These flags are supposed to bring health and harmony through the balance of the 5 elements. By hanging them outside and letting the wind catch them, they are supposed to bring you blessings and prayers. I wish you nothing but the most perfect and beautiful baby". By the end of the card, I was squalling like a baby. I have never had anyone do something as kind and meaningful as this. I opened them up and they are the most beautiful dainty flags- red, white, blue, green and yellow representing the 5 elements, all with Tibetan symbols on them. I called her and she told me she carried them with her to every procedure, every doctor's visit, etc...They have caught her tears of sadness and finally her tears of happiness when she had her baby.
I'm sorry to bore you all with this, but I was just touched and wanted to share. It's amazing how something so simple can mean so much.

Amy, that is such a beautiful story! Not boring at all. What a lovely gesture from your friend. And what beautiful symbolism. The timing of the card couldn't be more perfect. Something in the universe conspired to give you a little boost after having some moments of being down. Please thank your friend for me. You needed this tonight. xoxo

By the way, I'm very impressed with your ability to touch your friend's belly and engage in the conversations you did. I honestly know that I wouldn't be able to do that at this point in my journey. Well done, you.

Thanks Amanda...I'm not sure how many more opportunities I would get to be able to feel that. Just in case I am not lucky and blessed enough to be able to carry my own child, it was just one of those things I wanted to do. I think my tears tonight probably carried over from that feeling as well.

OK, so when do we get to start using some FRER's? You still holding out til after Thanksgiving? HAHAHA....of course not. :)

Seriously, once I get a negative IC (I'm hoping that will be tomorrow), I'm going to give myself a few days respite from testing. I'll probably start testing again with ICs at 10dpiui and then with my FRERs around 12dpiui.

I am just as nervous and excited for you as I was for myself this time....I actually feel anxious thinking about you testing!!! We all need serious, professional, white jacket, help....:haha::haha:

Thanks doll. I honestly am feeling a bit ambivalent about it at the moment, believe it or not. I know it is waaaay too early, but I don't feel anything. I'd be shocked if it was a BFP. In some ways I don't want it to be. My 1st loss was on Christmas Eve and my second I was on the operating table on Christmas Eve, exactly a year to the day, to have a D&C. They thought they saw a glimmer of hope for that second one, so decided to wait a week. I begged them to wait a few weeks because one week would have meant a D&C on New Year's. I wanted at least one holiday untainted. So this time of year is particularly hard for me and I'm not sure I want to be pregnant. But, it's not up to me at this point! I'll take what is given to me.

(I hope you know that everything I just wrote is my superior defense mechanism talking as a way to keep my hopes down. Of course I want to be pregnant!)

Think I'm going to check out for the night and watch a little Boardwalk Empire with my hubby. He just told me he wanted to have sex, but then didn't want to because I'm "all creamy down there" LOL!!! We had a good laugh.

Have a good night. :kiss:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->