Recurrent Miscarriage Thread

MTHFR is a type of blood clotting disorder. There are two genes that create it. If you are homo MTHFR, it means both of those genes have the mutation and you most likely need extra folic acid and a blood thinner. If you are hetero (like me) it means only one gene has the mutation and there is no protocol. Apparently 50% of people have the hetero version. My doctor has me take mega doses of folic acid just in case.

MTHFR is a type of blood clotting disorder. There are two genes that create it. If you are homo MTHFR, it means both of those genes have the mutation and you most likely need extra folic acid and a blood thinner. If you are hetero (like me) it means only one gene has the mutation and there is no protocol. Apparently 50% of people have the hetero version. My doctor has me take mega doses of folic acid just in case.

Thanks for that...do they do that as part of the RPL testing (although in the UK it is shoddy nasty system that you have to fight and advocate yourself constantly) *sigh* it never rains but it pours sometimes.

Do they have you under close supervision when yoi get a positive HPT?

XxX

Yes, that is definitely one of the tests they should be giving you! I'm hoping some other women can shed light on what kinds of tests the NHS does, since I'm in the US.

Since my last pregnancy was an ectopic, my risk increases for another one. So yes, from the moment I get a bfp, they will want to do bloods every 48 hours to make sure the levels are rising properly. *double sigh*

Gosh I am going to sound like a super stalker now but I remember seeing your thread about the methotroxate (sp) and posting in there too :blush: all I will say is I am thankful they will be keeping an eye on you though :flower:

XxX

Yup. Had a d&c. Two days later had the methotrexate shot. Two days after that I had surgery to remove the ectopic and my tube. It was a horrible week. But I can only move forward. I bet you are going to get looked after more closely now too.

No fun at all...I am sorry you had to go through all that :hugs:

We won't be trying until at least February...I am not even sure I want to get on the hamster wheel again anyway...I swing to and fro...I want a child so badly with OH but hate all the stuff that goes with it on top of the stuff we have to deal with as an added bonus :wacko: I was told that as soon as you get a positive that you are monitored more closely..we shall see

xXx

Hi everyone..just wanted to pop in and say Hopeful- I think you are definitely "up the duff". I know you are anxious, nervous and excited all at the same time. So in these early days I am going to throw all the positivity I can at you- I hope you don't mind.

Now Heart, heart, hear-ty, it's your turn :)

Thanks Amos. We'll know either way soon enough. All I want is several glasses of wine tonight to help me relax. Yet another insult to injury in this whole process.

I know.....and since we do things by the book, it's a no-no. But yet crackheads and pot smokers can have healthy babies every day. :(

I know.....and since we do things by the book, it's a no-no. But yet crackheads and pot smokers can have healthy babies every day. :(

Well clearly the solution is to become a pot smoking crackhead. I'm going to give my dealer a call right now!

I scored! Let's party and get pregnant!

https://www.sherv.net/cm/emo/smoke/smileys-passing-joint.gif

Hi ladies, I stalk this thread but don't often comment as I don't feel qualified really, compared to the struggles some of you are having to have a child my 2 losses doesn't seem much! I also feel a little out of my depth reading about the treatment and stuff that I don't really understand. So I just stalk because I find you all really inspiring (and i hope that doesnt sound in any way patronising.) But on this occasion I wanted to post, just to say good luck to Pip, I read her journal and found her attitude amazing, and to congratulate and wish a h&h 9 months to hopeful and 35. I shall keep reading of your progress and pop in to say hi every now and again if that's ok.

Good luck Davies, hoping it's a BFP for you. I will be trying for my own in December, feels like so long I've been waiting. Where are you you upto with St mary's? x

Stardust. Congratulations on your wonderful news, it's great to see more and more success stories on here. I'm waiting to her from Claire. Claire if your lurking when is your due date and how is everything? xxx

Mrs Miggins, very kind words, and you have gone through your own struggles. I look forward to seeing you popping in every now and then xxx.

Someone gave me this. I find it difficult to read but thought I would like to share it with you all x.Poem.jpg

:hi::wave: Morning Ladies, I really need to up grade my slow 3G blackberry curve it took me about 15min to get on here (I was determined).

I have a question to ask. If you don't mind can you email me the answer or your suggestion please (not going to be on a desk top computer till later this afternoon)
[email protected]

Question:

What foods have you eaton to boost your progesterone.
Have you ever tried to make a smoothy to boost your progesterone as well; what did you mix?

Thanks for you help and have a wonderful day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->