Recurrent Miscarriage Thread

thanks all! and Fifi-folle! Seems very positive! Congrats!

Sending you loads of baby dust!

Thanks Fififolle and Lightweight. I had 12wk scan yesterday and all well. I know what you mean as am still not relaxing but am trying to be positive, I am happy of course just still niggly worried. This is after 3 mmc in 18 months so hope is out there for the other ladies just joining here, so sorry for your losses I have been in that dark place!
Lightweight when did you come off progesterone?Ive been told to just finish the packet and then ill be about 13 and a bit weeks. Am staying on heparin and aspirin too and have scans at 16 and 20wk. xx

Glad all is going well with you Poisonwood! AF would be due today so that'll be my first milestone, then the scan on tuesday, then getting to wk5 next Friday. Baby steps has never been such an appropriate term!!!

Baby dust coming ur way!!!! :)

Hello everybody,

I just want to introduce myself here on this forum. I find it very supportive here reading everyone's post. There aren't that many forum about recurrent miscarriages.

I found out today that my pregnancy is not progressing and that I either have etopic or blighted ovum. I am very sad since this is my 3rd recurrent miscarriage in one year. At the same time, I feel blessed that I have 2 healthy children with me today.

I will see the doctor on Monday to discuss my options. Hopefully, I won't have to have D&C.

thank you and sending baby dust to eveyone.

Oh dear, I am sorry to hear you are having such a difficult time :hugs: What an upsetting thought about a twin! Didn't they do a scan to check that the tissue you had coming away after the erpc was gone? If not, that's pretty sloppy on their part, I think. Not sure what the official 'rules' are, but in my personal non-medical opinion they should have checked before giving you the all clear.

Hopefully you'll have the lab results quickly, too, so you know what's what xxxxx
Keep us updated - I'm thinking of you!

Hi all, well the lab results aren't back yet, am going to try again tomorrow. the ultrasound showed a empty womb:cry: and also a lump on one of my ovaries, so again i am facing a waiting game, i now have to wait 8 weeks for another ultrasound to measure the size and shape! Am so tired of this now! :sleep:

Hi all
Im new :)
I have a little boy who is 5 :)
I did 2 pregnancy tests last week and they were positive - been having the usual preg symptoms, sick, tired, sore boobs for few weeks.
I then bled (which i thought was my period) didnt last very long and I did another pregnancy test a day after and it was negative
Went to my docs and they said (exact words) "a positive test is always positive but you can have a negative negative result, you have probably miscarried"
My last few periods been all over the place so I have no idea how far gone I was
Doc didnt do a test or blood test!!!
Its been a week and I am now having awful period pain like pains in my lower abdomen and a shooting / stabbing pain down my right lower front part.
Is this normal?
I was suprised I didnt get a blood test or anything but I was too upset to think straight
I cant stop crying since I have been told, I dont know whats come over me, I cry at anything now!
I am sorry for all your losses
Any help would be gratefully received
Many thanks

Leanne x

Thanks Fififolle and Lightweight. I had 12wk scan yesterday and all well. I know what you mean as am still not relaxing but am trying to be positive, I am happy of course just still niggly worried. This is after 3 mmc in 18 months so hope is out there for the other ladies just joining here, so sorry for your losses I have been in that dark place!
Lightweight when did you come off progesterone?Ive been told to just finish the packet and then ill be about 13 and a bit weeks. Am staying on heparin and aspirin too and have scans at 16 and 20wk. xx

hiya. Glad all went well with your scan :)
I think happy but niggly worried just about sums it up!

I came off progesterone at 16 weeks (although I've heard other people coming off of it earlier).

Am on heparin until at least 23 weeks when I have an additional scan. Aspirin until 36 weeks (probably) as also have slightly high BP!

Hey i'm new here! I had 3 recurrent miscarriages by the age of 20. I got told not to worry, as i'm still young... blaa, blaa, blaa.
I wanted an explanation so after me moaning for a year they put me forward to have all the tests done and they came back all normal. My Husband has also had all the tests done and they came back normal too.
I then saw this amazing doctor who questioned if I was taking any folic acid.. I said yes I was taking pre-pregnancy supplements. I showed her the box and said to me "I want you to try something for me". She wanted me to take folic acid on its own, but double the dose. So I did and I had a beautiful baby girl who is now 3yrs old. I've also gone on to have another little girl who is 2yrs old :D
I never got to thank my Doctor but I am so grateful for that little bit of advise. I know it's not going to be right for everyone but it's worth a try....

hi Ema Lou
thnak you so much for sharing your story. i am so sorry for your losses but it is wonderful you had the happy ending ..
could i just ask whether you stopped takign all other pregnancy supps and just the folic acid? also at what stage in the pregnancy did you start taking the double dose folic acid? sorry and finally how much folic acid were you taking in total - in case i try this i just wnat to make sure i dont overdose - if that s possible! i m so sorry for all the questions! xx

Hi ladies,

3 five week miscarriages...all standard tests done by the consultant at recurrent miscarriage clinic. All fine with hubby and myself! 2 weeks ago got my BFP, tues the clearblue digi said preg 1-2, thurs and fri both said not pregnant. No blood loss or pain but to be honest I have been brown bleeding for 3 weeks since ovulation and that only stopped thursday. So resigned to another MC. Just want it over, never thought i'd want to see bleeding!

Im not buying the bad luck crap anymore. Seriously, I have a degree in biology I surely cant be tht unlucky. I have asked for progesterone testing, they say no. I need some hope pls I cant take much more, I feel seriously depressed - no exageration here I cant take much more Im emotionally drained . What can I do. I take b6 echineachea vit c folic acid and my thyroxine medicine. I also when bfp take baby aspirin and natpro cream. Can the dr do anymore, is there any more tests they can do or I can pay for? Has anyone heard of 4 recurrent early mc and then some hope? Or equally people who never hae a baby because of mc.

Pls help me

Hi ladies,

3 five week miscarriages...all standard tests done by the consultant at recurrent miscarriage clinic. All fine with hubby and myself! 2 weeks ago got my BFP, tues the clearblue digi said preg 1-2, thurs and fri both said not pregnant. No blood loss or pain but to be honest I have been brown bleeding for 3 weeks since ovulation and that only stopped thursday. So resigned to another MC. Just want it over, never thought i'd want to see bleeding!

Im not buying the bad luck crap anymore. Seriously, I have a degree in biology I surely cant be tht unlucky. I have asked for progesterone testing, they say no. I need some hope pls I cant take much more, I feel seriously depressed - no exageration here I cant take much more Im emotionally drained . What can I do. I take b6 echineachea vit c folic acid and my thyroxine medicine. I also when bfp take baby aspirin and natpro cream. Can the dr do anymore, is there any more tests they can do or I can pay for? Has anyone heard of 4 recurrent early mc and then some hope? Or equally people who never hae a baby because of mc.

Pls help me

Know exactly how you feel. Had 4 early m/c in 1 year. Pregnant again and this time feels totally different, symptoms are stronger, tests darker. Strange thing is we have done nothing different. I am only 5w1d though so a lot could still happen. We had all the tests done, all clear, no explanation for the losses. It's so hard to cope with when you have done everything right and it still ends. I comforted myself saying that they weren't the babies meant for us, our baby will come when it's time (and hoping desperately this is the time).
keep on at docs, CD3 and 21 tests are straightforward and worth doing. Good luck!

fifi - F'x for you and I hope and pray your bean sticks and I follow suit! I've had two early losses this year - 4 and 5 weeks and am going to see an OB on the 22nd.

jackie - sending :hugs: to you!

Hi ladies,

Pls help me

I can't understand why the docs said no to progesterone testing - sheesh. I'm not sure if you can pay to have Natural Killer cells testing - it's not done as standard on the NHS - but even though I've never had the test my consultant is going to prescribe 5mg Prednisolone (steroids) when I'm pregnant the next time. Also going to have Cyclogest (again), baby aspirin (again), heparin injections (first time) and hCG injections (first time)

:hugs:

I just had my 6th miscarriage today, after getting good lines from 9dpo and a positive digi. Progesterone was 58.9, but hcg just dropped on wednesday.

Ive had blood tests done at RMC, get the results on tuesday, but does anyone know what the next step would be if they come back clear?

I had a laparoscopy last year and they found endo and removed it, but the doc said it's not that causing my problems, cus I wudn't be able to get pregnant in the first place if it was. I'm at the end of my tether :cry:

Thank you thank you thank you!

Its three gp's and a consulant who said no to progesterone testing! The tax I pay every month I should get a gp to myself! They said that its not proven hence not a standard course of treatment.

Hollybush did all ur tests come back clear? I like to be forearmed when talking to dr's now... they like to maintain bad luck and little explaination. Can you tell im bitter. Sorry ladies!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->