Recurrent Miscarriage Thread

Thanks Lightweight, I'm just trying to explore all avenues after failing again :(

Rabbitchild, Lee and Stardust, I'm so so sorry to hear all this bad news :hugs:
How devastating!

Rabbitchild, at this point, isn't a foetus supposed to grow by approx. 1mm/day? Surely, even at a checkup in a week they would see progress if there was some. It's so cruel to make you wait so long :hugs: Then again, I know my local EPU changed their policy after a couple of stories emerged of women being told they were miscarrying, but then going on to have healthy babies.

I hope for your sake that if things are to go wrong then they will do so quickly to stop torturing you xxx

AFM, the Professor seemed to be of the opinion that my case is quite straightforward! I'm to have another TEG test next month (when I'm off my current heparin course) and we'll put a plan together. Most probably, she will just double my aspirin dose to 150mg. Could it really be that easy???!!!

Startdust, hello! Oh dear, I am so sorry to hear that! I know it's really hard to deal with but just remember that you've got some answers and you can be more positive for the next time. Still, what you are going through right now is unfair and heartbreaking. I'm so sorry. I've had a bad day today, broke down crying uncontrollably at lunch. Luckily I work from home! Me and DP will be having the karotype tests done too... although I had them with a previous partner and all was fine...

I will definitely keep in touch with you... I know you've been through it before but all I can say to you is cry when you need to cry and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. That bugged the hell out of me!!

Here's hoping 2011 is the year for all of us!!!

x

here here... come on 2011... gotta be better than 2010!

Petitpas I hope that it is as easy as doubling your aspirin dose, that's the same dose I'm supposed to take - i was surprised as I thought 75mg was the standard dose. Glad that Prof Regan is being helpful.

TBH I'm not too fussed about waiting 2 weeks, I don't want an erpc so I would be waiting anyway. hopefully I will have miscarried by then and the scan will check that there aren't any retained products. I feel pretty much resigned to it now.

Padbrat & LaLa - here here, 2011 has GOT to be better!

Hi everyone. Hope you don't mind me jumping back in after a long absence. I still recognize some names, but there are a lot of new ones and that makes me sad. A little background on me. I am 38 years old and my husband is 44. We have had 6 miscarriages in the past year and a half. I am homozygous for MTHFR, but did not find out about it til my 5th loss. One of my miscarriages was an ectopic pregnancy where I lost part of my left tube. I am now pregnant for the 7th time and I feel like we are doing ALMOST everything we can do. I am on lovenox injections, neevo (which is just a potent form of folic acid and prenatals), and progesterone suppositories. My last pregnancy I was "accidentally" on steroids when I got pregnant due to the doctors thinking I had shingles. I ended up being on them for 2 rounds which took me to about week 7 when I finished them. I had heard a good strong heartbeat 2 times so I thought this little bean was going to make it. I stopped my steroids and about a week later the baby died. I needed a D&C and they finally tested the baby. (It had never been done before for some reason). The baby girl was absolutely perfect. Nothing wrong chromosonally or anything. Of course that means it was MY body that caused the baby to die. I know I am rambling, but I feel like maybe the steroids kept my baby alive for as long as it did. My doctor does not believe in NK cells, but after everything I have read and everything I have already been through, I feel like I have nothing else to lose. I have a doctor friend who is willing to call in whatever medicine I need- do any of you know what the dosage I would need to take would be if I started on Prednisone?
Wow- sorry for the long, rambling post!

Might as well start posting here... :( I just turned 27 and I have had 3 miscarriages since I started TTC in March 2010. First one was in May 2010 at 10 weeks (heartbeat had slowed to a stop) for which I had a D&C. Second was a chemical, in November 2010. I got pregnant immediately after, which I am now miscarrying at 7 weeks (Owww.)

They drew vials of blood from me on Wednesday for testing to try and figure out what's going wrong. Each miscarriage I've had has been so very different though that I doubt they'll find an explanation. :nope:

It's like my body just doesn't want to stay pregnant.

:hugs: everyone. This is not easy.

This thread breaks my heart! I just want us all to get what we want and it seems so unfair that we all have to struggle and go through so much pain to get there. The positivity amongst us is great and the support is beyond belief - but I feel each loss I for you.

Lee & rabbitchild - sorry if things aren't working out for you

Lala - welcome, wish the circumstances were happier, but this is where the info & help is at!

Amos - nice to hear from you and I really hope this one is forever!

Boston Blonde -:hugs::hugs::hugs:

Pepitas - I'm glad your experience was better than mine, I didn't like to say before you went but I feel really let down by ST M.s. I have a catalogue of unreturned phonecalls and it all adds to the stress and frustration of how we feel... and I don't feel they have done much for me. Now been offered a surgery date for a date when Af is due and have been trying for nearly a month to change it, still unsucessfully!

Amos - congrats on your bfp, I know this must be such a scary time for you after everything you've been through. I have read that the dose of prednisalone is 20mg but have seen other ppl posting on other sites that they're on 25mg. I hope someone can advise you better.

Bostonblonde - :hugs: sorry that you've had to find your way here I hope the testing throws up something.

Chilli - I hope they get back to you about your surgery date. I have found St Mary's very difficult to contact, even on the private side where you'd think seeing as you're giving them money they'd respond faster.

Can anyone help me?

I started to cramp and have been spotting/bleeding since last Sunday, following BFP on the previous Thursday, and it was so like all my past m/c's, last time I used the Digital clearblue, it showed that when I took the test I was 4-5 wks pregnant, then when the m/c started I took another and it said 2-3 weeks pregnant, so I knew it was imminent...

The spotting has been minimal the past day, then literally an hour ago I had really awful backache again and another show of blood, my boobs have remained swollen and tender.

I've just taken another clearblue digital and it is still saying that I am 4-5 weeks, which is what it showed when I took the test last Thursday.

I am so upset, I really don't know what is going on now.

Is it possible that I haven't had an m/c, or that it is a really slow m/c, or perhaps it was twins and now I am about to lose 2nd one?

My imagination is running wild, I've already had 7 m/c's but never encountered anything like this before and am convinced I started to m/c last Sunday again.

What a mess, I can't get scan til next Friday, wish that I'd had the 48 hr blood tests now at EPAS, but was so convinced I was m/c due to previous experience.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks ladies x

:hugs: LeeC sorry you're going through this. I didn't want to just read and run. I don't know how accurate the CB digis are tbh, I know Drs hate them as they make us get ourselves in a tizz.

I don't think anyone can answer as to if it's a mc, not a mc or loss of a twin. As awful as it is the only way to find out what's going on is a scan, which would be better than HCG test, is there no way you could go to a&e and they would scan you there? I know my hospital just refers to you to EPU the next day and won't scan but if you could get a scan sooner I think that would be the best thing.

I'm so sorry this is happening, and wish I could help better :hugs:

I can't help either LeeC, sounds like you're having a terrible time. As Rabbit said only a scan can really help, but to wait more than a week is absolutely unacceptable! STamp your feet, cry, turn up and refuse to go away would be my advice. Failing that, private scans aren't too expensive and can usually be done almost next day

Lee,
I mirror Rabbitchild and Chilli in that an earlier scan would be ideal. If you go to A&E tomorrow, you'll probably only get a referral for a scan on Monday. Is there any chance you could go there tonight? When I went in the evening with my first m/c they managed to fit me in for a scan the next day! At the very least, you could insist on a beta hcg being drawn and then you could have another done on Monday for comparison.
So so sorry it's not straightforward either way. Limboland is rubbish :(

Chilli, I understand a bit what you mean about St M's. I went privately and am very grateful that I got my appointment so quickly. However (and I was almost to frightened to admit it yesterday), I felt a little let down when I went. My consultation only lasted about 15 minutes. It felt very rushed. I also feel that for the sake of a repeat TEG test that will probably not change anything with 'the plan' (since I'm a known clotter anyway) I could have started ttc-ing immediately. I still don't know what the TEG test shows or doesn't show so I might be wrong. I would have liked an explanation of some kind.
Don't misunderstand me, the lady was very nice and if it turns out that a higher dose of aspirin is the key for me, then that is fine. Ultimately, all I really want is her expertise and a baby! I just hope that I get a bit more time and more information when I go next time to help me understand how we get there. Fingers crossed she'll be a little less rushed for my second appointment fxfxfx

I just spoke to Lambs who was there this evening, too, and by the sounds of it she had a very positive informative appointment. I'll let her update with the details herself...

Amos - :happydance: so happy to see you! And up the duff, too! :thumbup: I so hope that this is the one for you! Unfortunately, I don't know about the steroids so I can't help you with that. All I know, is that if you do want to take aspirin, the dose to take is apparently 150mg, not 75mg :D

Petitpas - she only spent 15 mins with you? Our first consultation was 45mins although I have to say I felt we were rushed on our follow up appt. The TEG just shows generally how you clot, the strength and formation of a blood clot over time. (crap explanation) it doesn't show what is causing the issue, like the tests for Factor V, MTHR and APL etc but they can tell from it your response and what drugs and I think what doses you would most likely need.

Hi everyone. Hope you don't mind me jumping back in after a long absence. I still recognize some names, but there are a lot of new ones and that makes me sad. A little background on me. I am 38 years old and my husband is 44. We have had 6 miscarriages in the past year and a half. I am homozygous for MTHFR, but did not find out about it til my 5th loss. One of my miscarriages was an ectopic pregnancy where I lost part of my left tube. I am now pregnant for the 7th time and I feel like we are doing ALMOST everything we can do. I am on lovenox injections, neevo (which is just a potent form of folic acid and prenatals), and progesterone suppositories. My last pregnancy I was "accidentally" on steroids when I got pregnant due to the doctors thinking I had shingles. I ended up being on them for 2 rounds which took me to about week 7 when I finished them. I had heard a good strong heartbeat 2 times so I thought this little bean was going to make it. I stopped my steroids and about a week later the baby died. I needed a D&C and they finally tested the baby. (It had never been done before for some reason). The baby girl was absolutely perfect. Nothing wrong chromosonally or anything. Of course that means it was MY body that caused the baby to die. I know I am rambling, but I feel like maybe the steroids kept my baby alive for as long as it did. My doctor does not believe in NK cells, but after everything I have read and everything I have already been through, I feel like I have nothing else to lose. I have a doctor friend who is willing to call in whatever medicine I need- do any of you know what the dosage I would need to take would be if I started on Prednisone?
Wow- sorry for the long, rambling post!

OMG You are back!! Am so happy :happydance::happydance::happydance:

And pregnant again! Double, triple, quadriple yay!!!!!!:hugs:

awww LeeC... please go to A&E and get a scan and at least then you will know.... I am sooo sad for your suffering.

However, I am still keeping all crossed for you.

Hi Ladies,

just back from A & E, and seen a BITCH of a nurse, in the end I couldn't stand even sitting in the waiting room any longer and left, anxiety attack got the better of me :(

I am already booked in with EPAS for a scan next Friday, as that will be me at 6 weeks.
I'm so angry, confused and upset, I'm going to go to bed for the night as I've had enough today!!!
I will speak to EPAS tomorrow and see if they can do 48 hr blood tests to see what is happening with hormone levels.

Every time I swear I won't use the digital test, causes too much heartache when things don't go well.

Anyway, I just want this all to come to an end, I can take much more, it's emotionally draining.

Hoping I will feel more positive tomorrow.

Rant over, thank you all for your support and comments, I feel like you guys are the only people that understand at the moment.

Hugs to all xxx

Just realised my last post says "I CAN take much more" LOL, I must be going mad.
Good night all xxx

:hugs: so sorry that they were horrible at a&e you'd think they'd be more supportive, doesn't take much to be kind to someone obviously in distress. I hope you get some sleep tonight hon :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->