Recurrent Miscarriage Thread

ha! Ok, i will but it might not be for a while - at the latest FMU tomorrow morning! :) I know with my last pregnancy I couldnt stop itching - all over. Last night DP asked me if i had fleas :rofl: That could just be the cold weather.

Let you know soon xx

I shall check back in the morning then lovely. I'm off to stalk your chart for clues!

SMfirst, so sorry to hear about your loss.
From my experience the NHS will test for blood disorders and also chromosomal, I am in Scotland and they did not test my progesterone levels.
I know what you must be going through, as after a number of miscarriages, I got a BFP 2 weeks ago and have been spotting and cramping since and am in limbo not knowing if I am still pregnant or not.
I have been taking aspirin (100mg) and progesterone (400mg) in the hope that it may sustain the pregnancy but am worried that it may be prolonging a m/c, test still show positive but could be hormones hanging around.
I have my scan tomorrow to confirm what has happened, it's the only way to be sure.
I would keep the pressure on your gp if they think it is something that needs investigating, as they may prescribe aspirin/progesterone as a precaution in the future.
I'm sorry you had to find this thread and am sending you hugs and best wishes x.

Haha, thanks Lamburai! My chart makes no sense to me whatsoever! OPK still positive at lunchtime. Seem to be wee'ing every two hours but it's way too soon for that to be anything to do with me being preggo I'm sure.

LeeC - good luck tomorrow in your scan and I hope to hear good news from you. Will say a little prayer tonight!

xx

Hey ladies haven't been over here for a while, I have my first af since the m/c, and so far it has lasted 12 days and still going. Did anyone else have a weird long af 1st cycle after m/c?

Haha, thanks Lamburai! My chart makes no sense to me whatsoever! OPK still positive at lunchtime. Seem to be wee'ing every two hours but it's way too soon for that to be anything to do with me being preggo I'm sure.

LeeC - good luck tomorrow in your scan and I hope to hear good news from you. Will say a little prayer tonight!

xx

Not at all, it's possible to be weeing lots very early in pregnancy due to the hormones rather than the uterus pressing into the bladder!

Gosh, I turn my back for 2minutes and there's pages to read - much to OHs annoyance!
LeeC will be keeping everything crossed for you tomorrow hun - hoping and praying!

Welcome to all newbies.

Not much to tell here - 5dpo and just waiting.... again! Oh except my local hospital have given me a date for hysteroscopy a month earlier than St Ms which is great and means I won't have to overnight in hospital - phew - just need to check it's exactly the same procedure!

Lala - i always wee like mad in early pg

Chilli / Fifi-folle - I do remember wee'ing like mad with the last one but that was at 4 weeks! I had a little bit of EWCM again today but not much.

Surely though, if I was pregnant they would have seen something on the scan yesterday? The corpus luteum, maybe?? She definitely said yesterday that my ovaries were just covered with little cysts...

Argh... early to bed for me tonight!!

xx

Pad -ooh a Spanish baby would be great - you'll have to teach it Spanish and call it someting like Manuel or Maria - hope you're in the 30-50% who get lucky, that's alotta money, but who can put a price on it?

Lala, I would have thought they'd have seen some thickening of the lining if you were up the duff. Or maybe you just looked post ovulation? Shame about the cysts :nope: is this something that can normally be sorted with medication?

Hey Petitpas,

Yeah she didn't mention anything - just said uterus and lining looks normal (slightly retroverted), ovaries are large and polycystic. Oh well, I'll test in the morning anyway. I'm off to London for the weekend so that'll hopefully take my mind off it. Feeling really low today. :(

I'm going to ask my doctor about going back on Metformin and I've read up about a load of supplements I can take. I have to lose weight too so back to running for me and a low GI diet (blah)! Unfortunately PCOS never goes away but it can be controlled.

Talk to you all tomorrow! xx

Hi all,
I've been reading through this forum and drawing support from it over the past couple weeks, but haven't posted. Now I think I need some support/advice/words of wisdom from you ladies who have been through it.

My story:
I just went through my second miscarriage in 4 months yesterday. I have no children...so this just leaves me feeling like maybe I'll never have a successful pregnancy. Part of why I am feeling so down is that the similarities in both miscarriages make me believe there must be something going wrong with me, not just random chromosomal abnormalities that are the luck of the draw. With both pregnancies I started bleeding/spotting at exactly 5w2d from LMP with varying levels of heaviness leading to a miscarriage at exactly 8w from LMP. In both cases the pregnancies were deemed viable (heartbeat was seen on an ultrasound - although both times the fetus measured about a week smaller than the LMP date).

Has anyone else had their miscarriages be so exactly the same as each other:sad1:? The coincidence is just to much for me to think anything other than there is something wrong me as opposed to the baby. Did you have testing done and figure out what was wrong and go on to have a successful pregnancy?

I wish superglue to all of you...and to me whenever I feel up for trying again...b/c boy is this draining! :sad1:

Hi lovelies. I don't know if you remember me. It's been a while. I must have accidentally unsubscribed from this thread a while back. Today I decided to check in on Amos and found her post here. Yay for this new BFP babe!

Just wanted to pop in and say hello. I'm currently taking Femara to make me ov earlier. This is my third cycle taking it. Hoping for a BFP this time. If not we might move to IUI. I'm also talking to a doctor 3000 miles away about possible surgery on my uterus to remove the adenomyosis tissue. I'm not sure I'm even a candidate though. I've been told I face many more mcs with this condition though. Right now I'm just living in denial, trying to get pregnant and hoping it will stick in a good part of my uterus.

Wishing everyone their sticky BFP's soon. xoxo

Heart - of course we remember you. I'm glad you have some plans in place, and I totally suppport your living in denial if it s helps you somehow. Good luck poppet.

Pad - I totally missed the Spanish IVF post! Great news. And not to bad pricewise either. I hope it works for you lovely. When does the process begin?

Superglueish - sorry for your losses. Try not to dwell too much on the similarities as it could just be one of those things. When you say 5+2 from LMP, do you know when you ovulated? My cycles are 35 days or so for for me 5+2 from LMP would actually make me only 4+2. This might explain the baby measuring a week behind? I'm sure you know all of this but thought it worth mentioning in case you didn't - sorry if it sounds patronising.

As for me, I am still waiting for that elusive BFP (in the 4th month of trying now although I think last month was a chemical as I got 3 +'s on Tesco and Superdrug tests and AF was 2 days late but I am not counting that as it makes me too depressed). Have a follow-up appointment with Mr Rai on the 4th Feb to get my results from the TEG etc but I don't expect they will show anything at all. On the up side, I have not drunk any booze for 24 days!! I will be rewarding my hard work this evening with a pint or two whilst watching the Manic Street Preachers with DH. See - couldn't do that if I was pregnant now could I!!

Morning All!!

Well, BFN for me but I really didn't expect a +ve. If no AF in one week, I'll test again. It's been 5 weeks on Sunday since m/c so hopefully if I haven't conceived again I should have AF soon.

Temps gone back up 0.3 today, we'll see what happens tomorrow.

Heart - good luck for your BFP - and to all you lovely ladies!!

Supergluewish - all my miscarriages have been the same (4), always complete (never needed a d&c) and always between 5-8 weeks. I can't help though I'm afraid as I'm only just starting the testing process with the hospital. Wishing you luck. My mum says it is probably just bad luck but then my chances of m/c are higher due to the PCOS and hormone imbalance. A whopping 45% I believe!

Lamburai - well done for not drinking! Enjoy the MSP and try to relax (easier said that done I know)

Wishing all of us baby dust!!

Lala x

Heart Tree - i remember you, good luck and I that the Drs can help you

Padbrat - I hope you're in the lucky 30-50% :hugs:

Chilli - glad you don't have to stay over night in the hospital, hope the hysteroscopy goes well

Supergluewish - I'm with Lamburai was the baby behind going by ov dates? My mc's have all been different but they all start the same way. Is there anyway you can get testing done?

LaLa - I hope it's either AF or BFP for you hon, so hard being in limbo

Lamburai - MSP sounds awesome, have a lovely time.

AFM - bleeding is now down to some pale spotting so am hoping to try again this cycle, I don't want to wait so now just have the looooong wait til ov.

Hi Ladies

Thank you for all your kind wishes.
I have been for my scan at EPAS this morning and unfortunately they are not able to conclude this pregnancy.

I feel so disheartened, I hardly slept last night and have had the most anxious week waiting for today and now I am left feeling disappointed, emotional and frustrated.

I had my scan which showed a sac that they said could be a possible pregnancy but also may be left over tissue, they could not confirm either way.

So, now I have had some blood taken today, which they will test and call me to let me know what my levels are, but it's highly likely that I will need to go for another scan next week to see if anything has progressed.
I guess during this time I continue with the aspirin and progesterone, just in case.

I still have the brown spotting and have some twinges this morning but not sure if that is just following on from the internal scan.

Has anyone else ever had a similar experience to this, I really just need to know one way or the other, and the longer this goes on the worse I'm feeling.

I'm sorry we all have to go through this, life really doesn't seem fair at all.

Anyway, I will keep posting as I hope this may help anyone who reads this thread.

Supergluewish: I meant to say, so sorry for your loss. I have had miscarriages and everyone of them around 5 weeks 2/3 days with one at 4 weeks 5days, and yes, mine do seem to have a pattern always around this time, always the same symptoms beforehand and leading upto m/c. he longest being 6 weeks so far.
I hope things work out for you soon, try to keep your chin up and hope you get your sticky very soon xxx.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->