ridiculous problem re: dh's birthday present

alicecooper

1 girl, 3 boys
Reaction score
DH wants the Ps3 game Beyond Two Souls. He's mentioned it quite a few times, so I know he wants that, but we're a bit short of money right now for him to just randomly buy it himself so it's on a back-burner for the moment.

Well it's his birthday coming up on 8th November, so I want to buy it for him next week when we have a bit of brass.

The problem is how do I buy it without him knowing?

Two issues here :

1) The actual buying of it. I never go anywhere without him (apart from to take the kids to school / pick them up) so he'd know if I suddenly went off "shopping", it would be so obvious I was going present shopping.

which leads me to think buying it online might be best, and have it delivered.

Okay so next problem :

2) He's got a real thing about buying games from Game so that he can collect the reward points on his card. So if I bought it from anywhere else I know he'd be grateful for the game, but disappointed that he didn't get the points.
Now I can sign into his Game account online, that's not a problem, but that'll mean a confirmation email will get sent to his email address once the game has been purchased.

Even if I were to go to an actual Game store, he carries the damned card around in his wallet, which is attached to a chain hooked onto his trouser belt hook.

It's such a stupid stupid problem, I'm just at a loss here as to how I can buy him the game without him finding out :dohh:

Buy him a gift card for game, let him go in and get it himself? X

Steal the card out of his wallet and buy the game with the points that way? :ninja:

Is it possible they could look up the card account using your (or DHs) phone number at the store? It seems like sneaking off after dropping the kids off/picking them up might be the best way to keep the game a surprise.

Phone them to see if you can buy it on line using your name and email address, then have the points credited to his account afterwards - if you forget your clubcard in Tesco they will add the points later.

Do you have his email password? If you do, order it when he is not around and then go in and delete the email confirmation. This may not work if they send shipping confirmations as well.

Buy it from somewhere that has a refund policy, let your OH open it then return it and let him go and buy it again from Game!

Game used to add points on for you using your name and postcode if you didn't have your card. Not done it for years so don't know if you still can or not though.

I thought you could add points to an account if you forgot your card? I haven't been there for years either so it might have changed but you could pop in quick and ask?

Other than that buy it somewhere else online and forget about the points, you don't get many in game anyway.

Game used to add points on for you using your name and postcode if you didn't have your card. Not done it for years so don't know if you still can or not though.

I was about to mention this. As far as I am aware they still do it as I just put the points from DH's Grant Theft Auto on it a few weeks ago (it was a surprise)

he obviously knows your going to get him a present, why don't you just say your going shopping

When im picking games up for my bf they can put the points on his card using the postcode and name :)

I'd call the store and ask if they would the points to the account or if they could add them later if he goes with the receipt or something. As for buying the game online, we buy all of ours on Amazon as they are much cheaper than buying in stores here. :flower:

cheers ladies. I think I'll try my chances in the shop without the card. Still working on what I'll say to leave the house without him realising where I'm going, but I'll get there lol x

My dad always gets them to add points to my husbands card with just his name :)

If you can log into his account online, can you change the email address linked to the account, so the confirmation gets emailed to you instead? And then change it back to his email address after his birthday?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->