RLT Advice! Need all experiences!! Help!

HopefulMarla

Reaction score
I am 39+2 and have been in prodromal labor for weeks! I've been reading that Raspberry Leaf Tea helps get contractions better coordinated, so I went and got some. But then I also read that if you don't start it at 32 weeks then it can cause baby distress? Have any of you started drinking it as far along as I am? I got tea bags by Traditional Medicinals. I'm kinda scared to drink it now, because even though I want prodromal labor over. I don't want my baby boy hurt. Anyone have experience with this?!

Raspberry Leaf Tea doesn't actually put you into labor, but rather when you drink it for a long period of time it strengthens your uterus so that when you do go into labour your contractions are more effective

My midwife recommends RLT saying it soften your cervix making it more favourable for labour and to only start a week before you are due so i'd say it would be ok, but check with your care provider if you are unsure x

I never heard about it causing any problems.
Each person will tell you some other time to begin drinking it. I was told to start at week 26. Others were told at week 32, others only at 37...

Iv heard of a few people starting it quite late on. I started mine a few weeks ago so it has time to build up.. everything i have read and been told says it needs time to build up.

I can't remember with the girls. I think I just drank it willy nilly. This time I've been cramming it in since Tuesday!

Oh and rlt doesn't do anything to your cervix, that's epo :thumbup:

i second this. RLT only Tones your uterus to make contractions more effective. EPO is the one that helps to soften your cervix and your not supposed to start it till later on (34-36 weeks orally starting with just 1 tablet a day.. upto 4 tablets a day including some internally from 38 weeks) xx

Thanks ladies! I know it says it doesn't start labor, but then it also says it can cause contractions and put baby in distress or something. I guess it couldn't be as strong as pitocin or something like that, so I should just try it and stop being a worry wart. I guess what I'm asking is if anyone HAS taken it, and what was their experience?

i think the only way it could do that is if you take/drink too much too quick. Thats why you start with just 1 cup or 1 tablet a day :) I got a little crampy when i first starting it but now it hardly effects me at all xx

Oh, okay! Yeah I was just gonna do one tea bag. I read it can help regulate contractions and that's what im hoping for cuz I've just been prodromal laboring for weeks and weeks. Some women says it will help to regulate and some say it doesn't

tbh its one of those things that will be different for everyone hun. A friend of mine took that and ate pineapple and she went at 38 weeks exactly xx

i second this. RLT only Tones your uterus to make contractions more effective. EPO is the one that helps to soften your cervix and your not supposed to start it till later on (34-36 weeks orally starting with just 1 tablet a day.. upto 4 tablets a day including some internally from 38 weeks) xx

only relaying what my midwife said I have no experience of it and she never mentioned contractions only softening cervix x

i wonder if your midwife got confused with EPO hun. xx

I started at 26 weeks like suggested but stopped because I got horrible cramps.
30 I started drinking again, I'm not sure if it gave me cramps because I was cramping and getting BH anyways!

With my first pregnancy I started taking it (3 cups a day) at 34 weeks. I was induced at 40+12 and had a 2 hr 17mins labour :)

This time, I've started 1 cup a day at 32 weeks and will increase next week and week after so that I'm on 3 cups a day again at 34 weeks :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->