S T M ( Single Teen Mummy & Mummy-to-be's )

they just ask things like if you smoke, drink, do drugs, your relationship status, they check your height and weight and do your BMI from that, take a blood and urine sample, send your bloods off to get your blood type and check for HIV and hepatitus etc. they ask address, just general stuff really. It takes about 40 minutes all in all..

look hunni dont you worry, my ex has been more of a support to me than fob and im kinda (well i am) in same situation as you, i have no means of contacting fob we ended on terrible terms and now my ex is kinda on the scene and he wants to be Dexter's daddy. As i said to him, blood doesnt make a good father, its whoevers there to love, care for and support the child throughout their life in the end and whether thats no father or a step-father it doesnt matter, that child will always feel loved :)
good luck hunni :flower: xx

did that post twice, my phones tripping out sorry. Yeah leopard prints a passion of mine has been for a few years now i have no idea how or why just absolutely adore it :) Dexter maybe a boy but im smothering him iin leopard print :) heh
Haha bless ya
i love lepord print.
i got 2 pauls boutique bags both in lepord print, and a pink lepord print hairdryer
the pjs
everythinggg!!!! i just want a lepord print feature wall to go OTT Lmaoo xxx

me too lol i got leopard print straighteners duvet set calender, soo many shoes, coats everything :haha: i adore it <3 xx

oh im tempted to steal pat butchers wallpaper!! im so in love with it haha xx

stuffymuffy u found out ur adzact due date yett?

No, and I won't for a few more weeks. Ugh :cry: Long story.
So I scheduled my appointment for this Thursday with a midwife that works through the birthing center that I want to deliver at. Anyway I scheduled it before I knew that my that was the same day my school has their all day music festival/concert thing . My appointment is at noon which is in the middle of one of my performances. The concert is 75% of my grade for that class and my band teacher says that if I miss it I'll fail band, which means I won't graduate. So I called the practice today when I got home from school and spoke with a nurse and told her I wouldn't be able to make that appointment and asked if I could reschedule, thinking I would be able to get an appointment within a few days. And she said that the earliest appointment they have is February 18th! The practice is made up of several obstetricians and midwives so I found it hard to believe that that was the earliest they had an appointment so I asked to talk to the nursing supervisor and after being put on hold for 15 minutes the nursing supervisor tells me that they are all booked up until then, that they do have other appointments before that but they are strictly reserved for high risk mothers and emergencies and since I wasn't high risk and I wasn't having any cramping, bleeding or bp issues that I wasn't an emergency! She said that as long as I was feeling the baby move that everything was probably fine and not too worry. I was fumed! "Probably okay" doesn't work for me! I'm desperate to have another scan and see my LO and make sure that everything is okay, I'm going to go crazy the next few weeks not knowing. I really want to just go to my original appointment and skip the concert but if I don't graduate then I'll lose my grant for university next year. Ugh I don't know what to do :cry: I'm going to call back later and see if I can talk to my midwife and not just a nurse and maybe she can squeeze me in.
Sorry for that rant.

Haha
i saw a beautiful lepord print dress
but i cant get it :( xx

stuffymuffy u found out ur adzact due date yett?

No, and I won't for a few more weeks. Ugh :cry: Long story.
So I scheduled my appointment for this Thursday with a midwife that works through the birthing center that I want to deliver at. Anyway I scheduled it before I knew that my that was the same day my school has their all day music festival/concert thing . My appointment is at noon which is in the middle of one of my performances. The concert is 75% of my grade for that class and my band teacher says that if I miss it I'll fail band, which means I won't graduate. So I called the practice today when I got home from school and spoke with a nurse and told her I wouldn't be able to make that appointment and asked if I could reschedule, thinking I would be able to get an appointment within a few days. And she said that the earliest appointment they have is February 18th! The practice is made up of several obstetricians and midwives so I found it hard to believe that that was the earliest they had an appointment so I asked to talk to the nursing supervisor and after being put on hold for 15 minutes the nursing supervisor tells me that they are all booked up until then, that they do have other appointments before that but they are strictly reserved for high risk mothers and emergencies and since I wasn't high risk and I wasn't having any cramping, bleeding or bp issues that I wasn't an emergency! She said that as long as I was feeling the baby move that everything was probably fine and not too worry. I was fumed! "Probably okay" doesn't work for me! I'm desperate to have another scan and see my LO and make sure that everything is okay, I'm going to go crazy the next few weeks not knowing. I really want to just go to my original appointment and skip the concert but if I don't graduate then I'll lose my grant for university next year. Ugh I don't know what to do :cry: I'm going to call back later and see if I can talk to my midwife and not just a nurse and maybe she can squeeze me in.
Sorry for that rant.

see uve missed ur 12 week and will only get 1 scan.. if that was me id be fuming :(
dont ur doctors have a midwife at the pratice??
thats who i see xx

Oh I'm really upset to say the least. The practice is made up of a few ob's and I think three midwives. If you're pregnancy is not high risk then you get the choice of a dr. or midwife. I told the nurse that I would take an appointment with a dr. instead of my midwife this time but she just said "they're all booked up". I was the wtf! They're can't be that many pregnant women in this area! Ugh!

Did ask them how soon you get booked in to see a dr not a midwife? like they can't be booked up forever haha

fek i keep seeing gorgeous leopard print things, i have too much admitedly but i darent buy any of it incase i never get my body back :(

fek i keep seeing gorgeous leopard print things, i have too much admitedly but i darent buy any of it incase i never get my body back :(

I worry about never having my body back, I've gained like 50 pounds. omg.:blush::blush::blush::blush::blush:

Did ask them how soon you get booked in to see a dr not a midwife? like they can't be booked up forever haha

I can get in to see a doctor on the 16th of February which is only two days away from the appointment I can get with my midwife. So I guess I'll just stick with the midwife appointment. I still think it's ridiculous that that's the earliest I can get an appointment, I've called the practice three times in the past hour or so and left messages for my midwife to see if there is anything she can do, maybe take give me an appointment on an emergency basis since I haven't had a scan since I was about 11 weeks :shrug: Maybe I'm over-reacting and it's not that far away to wait, I tend to worry about everything, I just really want to know my due date and more importantly make sure that LO is okay.

I worry about never having my body back, I've gained like 50 pounds. omg.:blush::blush::blush::blush::blush:
me too hun dont worry about it...
i keep wondering where the hell all that weight is though! cos to me apart from maybe my thighs getting a little chubbier, its all baby! everyone comments on how im all "up front" or all baby too... :shrug: i just hope i dont gain anymore!!!

so i wanna know what youre all doing about FOB and access to your bubas. Are any of you keeping bubs away completely? Or are you going to let them see them on a weekend or what? Ive been doing my research and if the dad is not present at the signing of the birth certificate then legally they arent the father... So are you all going with FOB to sign it?

my fob dont wana b on it (£350per month) of his wage £250per week

FOB is more than welcome to see his child but not alone until bubs is quite older. As for his name being on the birth certificate, I'm not quite sure of yet what I'm going to do or if LO will have his last name or mine. In the states the father doesn't have to sign the birth certificate to have legal rights or even be named on it.

so i wanna know what youre all doing about FOB and access to your bubas. Are any of you keeping bubs away completely? Or are you going to let them see them on a weekend or what? Ive been doing my research and if the dad is not present at the signing of the birth certificate then legally they arent the father... So are you all going with FOB to sign it?

as it stands right now, I'm keeping FOB outta babies life completely. Here in canada he doesn't need to sign the birth certificate,I'm putting him as unknown but I am still taking him to court in the next few months for child support

hey girls :)
my midwifes appointments on this wednesday now.
what sort of questions will the midwife ask me? because my babys dads best friend is coming with me seen as babys dad wants nothing to do with me or bump :(
but i dont want it to be awkward for him.
its a really weird situation to understand, but me and FOB's best friend have been really close for a while, & he says he doesnt want me to do this without any support, and he also said he's excited to be daddy :/
will i be giving the wrong impression by letting him come to scans and stuff with me, or am i just reading too much into it?
sorry for the rant & all the questions :)

is it your first appt? its normally quite long, about an hour, they take your bp, height, weight, and ask alot of questions about your and FOBs contact info and family medical history. nothing 'embarrassing' as far as i remember :D although i have heard girls say they have an 'internal' examination on the 1st appt but i think thats usually US girls :shrug: its unlikely but if they do, this guy obv could just leave the room or something :haha:
i think its good you have someone to support you through this, come to scans etc, but make sure youre clear with him that he is a FRIEND and FOB is the FOB! sounds hes getting a little carried away
x

Us unlucky American girls :haha:

I'm not sure about this but i don't think here in Australia that the father signs the birth certificate. i understand that he's a teenage boy and i don't want us to end up arguing like a couple that have been married for 40 years. we're only 16. lol.(to take a line out of the movie knocked up)just because i'm scared shitless of doing this, it isn't enough of a reason to drag him into a relationship with me. (even though we are great together ;) ) i know i can do it on my own so i've decided that if he wants to be in Charliee's life he'll make it happen himself..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->