S T M ( Single Teen Mummy & Mummy-to-be's )

yeah, I'm thinking of the name Benjamin for a boy and calling him Benji, and people keep saying "Oh like from Good Charlotte?" or worse, "Oh like the dog?"

omg i hate that! I said Max and everyone automatically said, you cant do that its a dogs name!!!!!!! so annoying -_-

i LOVE Benji though :D i had a friend called Benjamin, who was always Ben but went through this phase of wanting a nickname, and i always said Benji is amazing! And i love Benji Madden! But i know how annoying that gets...
When i said Zane it was- what like Billy Zane or Zane Lowe?? so irritating......!

I feel insane when I say it too, but it's really how I feel, I want nothing more than to get rid of everything that had to do with him. Our LO is really the only good thing that I have from that relationship.
I know what you mean about common names, it makes names soooo un-appealing when I know someone with that name, especially when a lot of people have it, or when I don't like someone who has that name. I know it sounds kinda childish :haha:
For boys I've always liked the names Tristan, Logan, Liam,Bentley,Preston, Jamison and Benjamin.
For girlies - Imogen, Isolde, Maisy, Anastasia, Sersha, Anna, Natalie and Maya. ( I like unique names :haha:)

yeah, I'm thinking of the name Benjamin for a boy and calling him Benji, and people keep saying "Oh like from Good Charlotte?" or worse, "Oh like the dog?"

Benjamin is at the top of my list too :) I don't know too many people with that name but I'm put off for the same reason you are, everyone associates it with good Charolette :dohh:

i love Benjamin, but cant have it cos its my former best friends name, plus its a realllllyy popular name in the UK :dohh:
i love your name choices! I particularly love Maya, Sersha, Preston and Jamison :)
no i am exactly the same as you! i cant stand even a celebrity i know of having that name, although i dont mind it being a tribute to someone i love (like Lennon or Marley) Im just rubbish.... I was decided on Jude from the second i got my :bfp:, i was turning to my bump and calling it Jude even though i hadnt had the scan to clarify he was a he, i just had an instant instinct! being a mothers so strange lol.
I like unique names also, i love Esme for a girl :cloud9: I want a little girl after ive had this LO, im sooo bad. There was a post over on the pregnancy club forum about wanting a baby straight after the one your having and i was like fuuuck thats me! :lol: i know i have to wait four years at least tho!! xx

Benjamin isn't too popular over here that I know of. I love Esme too, but thanks to the Twilight phenomenon it's out of the question:cry: I bet you were excited to know that you're instinct was right. Most mum's instincts have been right, and I've been calling my bump a he since I first found out I was pregnant too, although I'm going to feel like a very bad mommy if I have a little girl and have been calling her a him all this time :dohh: It feels so strange to think that in a matter of months I'll have my LO in my arms and I"ll be a mommy. I feel so stupid but every once in awhile I'll get those moments where it's like wow I'm really going to be a mom :blush: So do you have everything for LO already? I love knowing about the things that people get for their LO :haha:

Anyone want to go in the chatroom? I'm really bored tonight and feeling quite talkative :haha:

ill go into the chatroom wen i get my laptop back off my uncle whose borrowing it, im on my phone sending this :) oh i dont no much about twilight other than robert pattinsons a new craze because of it lol.. my dad wanted to call me esmerelda but my mum wouldnt allow it (thank god) dont worry i was scared id got it wrong too and was gonna give him a complex! Lol. Im scared too, i find it strange that for the rest of my life im gonna be someones mummy! Weird or what?? I cant wait to meet him tho :) i have too much if anything, my bedrooms like a toyshop. He has 3 prams, 3 relaxer chairs, soo many toys, this rocking chair thing thats musical, a bouncer, ive got a sling thing to strap him to me, moses basket, cot, lots of blankets, too many clothes!! I dunno.. just everything, its really fab :) what about you??x

It is quite weird to think that I'll be someones mommy for the rest for my life lol Sounds like you're all ready for LO to get here lol When the rest of my family knows I'm sure my house will start to look like a baby store. I don't have really anything yet. My sister ordered me the bugaboo frog stroller which I love, but that's it so far. Did you have baby shower?
And okay sounds good I'll be up for awhile and in there chatting lol

im not even sure where the chatrooms are on here, ive never been on them :shrug: but i fell asleep last night... :dohh: we dont really have baby showers here, im sure some girls will have them, but ive never known anyone to. People just ask if theres anything you need and get you it if youve got a helpful family, which im lucky to have :)

my landlords so nosy :shrug: hes come for his rent today and been asking loads of questions about where FOB is, whats it to do with him? he asked why cant we just sit down and talk so i was saying well i would but he wont talk. Whats with all his questions :wacko:

Looks like I'm soon to be a STM! Very early on in the pregnancy and my OH seems to have trouble believing it was me that peed on the stick! He honestly believes I got a pregnant woman to do it for me! Live with him at the moment but he's told me that if I want to keep the little one then I need to go back home and he want's nothing to do with 'it'. He's totally pro-abortion (urgh!) He (well, we!) only found out yesterday but I'm pretty sure he won't be changing his mind soon enough! Hoped he'd come to a GP's appointment to talk about it and get a proper confirmation but he'll be at work - welcome single life by the looks of things...

im a single mum to be ... again lol!
kaydens dad left me when i was 6months pregant cheated and left me. was heartbroken. we was engaged. and this babys dad. was a lier lied all the time and cheated so got rid!

i was 17 when i had Kayden. im 21 now so not so much a teenager x

Looks like I'm soon to be a STM! Very early on in the pregnancy and my OH seems to have trouble believing it was me that peed on the stick! He honestly believes I got a pregnant woman to do it for me! Live with him at the moment but he's told me that if I want to keep the little one then I need to go back home and he want's nothing to do with 'it'. He's totally pro-abortion (urgh!) He (well, we!) only found out yesterday but I'm pretty sure he won't be changing his mind soon enough! Hoped he'd come to a GP's appointment to talk about it and get a proper confirmation but he'll be at work - welcome single life by the looks of things...

im sorry to sound vulgar but why dont you piss on the stick infront of him if he needs that kind of confirmation!!!
ugh men
:(
sorry to hear hes been such a dick, i hope he believes you in the end and it can all be sorted out..
but either way us girls are here for you!
Im Ellie, im nearly 17 and only 7 weeks 5 days away from my little mans due date
:)
dont listen to him anyway, its your decision what you do completely 110%
x

kaydens dad left me when i was 6months pregant cheated and left me. was heartbroken. we was engaged. and this babys dad. was a lier lied all the time and cheated so got rid!

awww im so sorry to hear this
=(
:hugs: were all here for you if you need support, this is so sad! but congratulations on your pregnancy and i wish you all the best :flower:

as much as Brits moan about the NHS, thank the lord its there!
i dont understand why people do moan, its a good system :shrug:

I really like Dexter, I think it's cute! But then again, that's probably because I was obsessed with Dexter's Lab when I was younger. :shrug:
:rofl: same!

dexters lab was the only thing we could think of with dexter, like we didnt know anyone called it, cos that always puts me off when i know someones sons called it, or i know people are gonna turn around and say 'you mean like so and so' it really puts me off having a common name, i hate it!
theres an american tv series called dexter as well but those are the only 2 times ive ever heard it!
i hate really common names too :thumbup:

I feel insane when I say it too, but it's really how I feel, I want nothing more than to get rid of everything that had to do with him. Our LO is really the only good thing that I have from that relationship.
i feel that way too, alot of the time im like "i just wish id never met him :growlmad:" but then i'm like no cos i wouldnt have my LO... sometimes i kinda wish FOB didnt want to be involved because id much prefer to do this on my own but he does, so unfortunately i feel like he has a say in the name and everything :\ like we agreed on Noah together, and agreed on Jackson-Howe for the surname together (combination of our names) and FOB wanted his middle name to be Patrick after his great-grandad but I think i'm gonna have it as Zachary because i dont see why it should be something that means something to FOB when he doesnt really mean anything to me lol and ultimately its my choice now :shrug: but we are trying to get on for the babys sake so i cant really do something big like change his whole name itd just make everything so much more difficult.

For boys I've always liked the names Tristan, Logan, Liam,Bentley,Preston, Jamison and Benjamin.
For girlies - Imogen, Isolde, Maisy, Anastasia, Sersha, Anna, Natalie and Maya. ( I like unique names :haha:)
Liam and Benjamin are really common here, its a shame cos i think they're both really sweet names! but like you i couldnt have anything that was that common..

sorry to both of you :( but welcome! :hi: alot of the time we're much better off without :haha:
xx

yeah i saw the box set for that american show Dexter in HMV! Pretty good going though, i just hate it when theres loads of people called that... Annoys me! I tell you whats a reallllyy common name here, Joshua! I was looking through my facebook friends and realised theres about 20 Joshuas on there!! :lol:

i wish id never met my FOB either, if it wasnt for LO anyway :shrug: Just glad he doesnt want anything to do with LO cos, i dont know what i'd do if he did :nope:xx

im not even sure where the chatrooms are on here, ive never been on them :shrug: but i fell asleep last night... :dohh: we dont really have baby showers here, im sure some girls will have them, but ive never known anyone to. People just ask if theres anything you need and get you it if youve got a helpful family, which im lucky to have :)

my landlords so nosy :shrug: hes come for his rent today and been asking loads of questions about where FOB is, whats it to do with him? he asked why cant we just sit down and talk so i was saying well i would but he wont talk. Whats with all his questions :wacko:

People can be so nosy when in comes to the lives of teen mums':dohh: I would have told him "politely" that it's a sensitive topic and not really any of his business :growlmad: I was at my friend's house yesterday and her parnts knows that I'm pregnant and are very excited, they've have been like another set of parents to me. Well her aunt came over and heard her mom and I talking about baby names and started pestering me with dozens of questions! She even had the nerve to ask what/if any kind of contraceptive I was using when I got pregnant :dohh: I can't believe some people :dohh:

Wow, guys can be really ignorant sometimes :dohh: I'm sorry to hear about your situation, but welcome :hi: You never know, he could come around. My mom told me the other day that a woman becomes a mummy from the first day she finds out she's pregnant, but a man doesn't become a daddy until they day they hold their baby in their arms :shrug: And if he doesn't come around then you and your LO are better off with out him.

:dohh: the thing is i am RUBBISH at being unpolite to people unless im ready for it, or im already pissed off and they piss me off more. He completely took me my surprise. He started asking whose the big white van is infront of my nans house, what the hells stuff like that gotta do with him :wacko: people are so rude! did u give the granny what for lol, nosey people! Thats such a private thing! I cant believe some people... Xx

It's unbelievable how rude people are! I can't believe the things that people say lol I really wanted to, but she was old so I kinda just laughed it off :dohh: I'm so proud of myself I just got up the nerve to have the official talk with my mom about the whole situation :happydance: I feel soooo relieved! Now that hard part is going to be telling my nana, her and I are very close and know she's going to be disappointed. When did you feel a proper kick, if you don't mind me asking? Everyone usually says around 21 weeks but I just felt an awfully strong nudge!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->