S T M ( Single Teen Mummy & Mummy-to-be's )

yeah, i guess it gets to that point. it must be so frustrating. knowing that he's ready to come but they just cant fast forward the process.

yes i didnt want to start a whole new thread just for me and my concerns. that felt kind of selfish.

and i needed advice because i am going to be a single teen mom in the sense that the father will be home for 2 weeks at most every 6-8 months. then he will go to afghanistan and be gone for a year so for the most part itll just be me and the baby alone. :(

its all happening so fast and its quite frightening.

Maybe the young lady needs some reassurance girls - support? I can understand her feeling single due to circumstances explained.

Just please note the rules one of the team highlighted and if indeed you decide not to continue with your pregnancy we ask you not to discuss so on the forum.

Don't look on it being frightening, think of it as an exciting adventure, :happydance:
Being a mum, single or not, is difficult but plenty of us teens make it work and do a really great job. Im sure you'll make a wonderful mummy! Have you told your parents? xxx <3

And i wasnt having a go or anything by saying about posting in the single teens thread, I just thought you might get more responses if u posted out in the teen bit as not all the gurlies read whats in the STM :) x

The daddy and i are certainly excited. but very very nervous. i wonder how i am going to make it work all by myself!

We are breaking the news to my dad tonight. My dad is the most compassionate one in my family, my mom and i do not get along, she doesnt live with us either. and his mother is well...frankly kind of crazy. very loud, opinionated irish mum. haha.

and no i didnt think anything of it saying to post on teen moms no worries, i just figured i'd get the best advice on going it alone here.

aww adams girl :( .... u wil do your best by your baby like all ov us try & do :) its up too u whatever u decide.. yh its going to be hard being a "single" mom but doesnt mean u wont do a good job :D xx

wel i thought my dad would go mad... but he really didnt he took it quite wel :D i didnt tell him tho.. x

Though we're frightened our final decision was made last night that we don't have the heart to do anything other than have our baby and raise it as best we can.

My dad really likes the dad so hopefully he won't go too crazy.

And to make things all the more single for me, he leaves this sunday for combat training for 4 months! EEK!

yupp. my uniformed boy is off to who knows where!!

how far gone as in how many weeks am i? i'm about 5 weeks pregnant we think, haven't been to the doctor yet as we just found out.

I'm kind of excited yes, but right now since it's so new i'm mostly frightened...feel like of guilty, i know what a blessing a baby is..but i know once i go through telling my family and getting used to the idea i'm going to be very excited.

oo 5 weeks.. i found out when i was 4 seems like ages ago lol! its gone slow.. but when i look back and think it was last year then its gone fast lol yea i no what u mean i wasnt as excited until like now cus my dads only known 2weeks so only like everyone has known since then.. so its different now can actually talk about it & stuff x

I told my family as soon as i found out, I was 17 weeks... :haha: I got my mum to ring my dad and tell him :dohh: He asked to speak to me and my mum lied and said i was sleeping :haha: I was soooo scared to speak to him. But he was great, took him a whiley to get his head around it :thumbup:
Have u booked an appointment with your doctor? xxx

hi surprise bump u didnt find out til 17weeks!! lucky you... i feel like its took forever to get here lol!! & i thought my dad would go mad.. but he hasnt suppose there stil time lol x

No i haven't made an appt with my doctor yet. and suprise suprise. i just told my dad about 5 minutes ago. i just kind of went for it.

He started crying, hugged me and said he'd support me no matter what but that he doesnt think it's the right choice for me to raise a child. He said he's very worried i will have no future and doesnt think i have enough financially or enough maturity to raise a child. He said if i did keep the child I wouldnt get the college experience he always draemed of me having but he was way better than i thought he'd be.

I just hope when we finally tell him that we've already made a decision that he will accept and support that this is happening and that against all his judgements and worries and warnings that we're indeed having a baby.

Very worried for the future.

yeaaa i was 17 weeks :blush: I kinda thought i was a whiley before but when i did a test it read 'what i thought' was negitive... My mum asked a few weeks after if i ever did the test and i said 'yea, it was negitive,' she asked me to go get it so i did n she said there was a faint line... :dohh: so did another 1 and the positive line showed up before the other line :haha: I love tht i found out so late, Iv known about the pregnancy for 14 weeks and in another 9 im gonna be a mummy... :happydance: I cant imagine how frustrating it is finding out so early lol xxx

aww brave you 4 telling him :D .... & my dad thinks i wont have a future that im just throwing my life away but il be 19 when bumps born!! ... and i can go back to college.. i have already been to college twice tho & didnt like it lol xx

lucky u surprise bump so was ur first scan ur 20weeksone? did u not want to find out the sex? and i no i have known 13weeks this wednesday coming lol!! i have known nearly as long as u have and ur ready to have ur bump nearly!!! xx

Well i didnt know how far gone i was so i just got a scan booked for asap and i was measuring 20 weeks :) Nope i dont want to find out, Im soooo looking forward to baby being placed in my arms and being told its a lil girl/boy. Have/are u finding out?

Adams girl, well done on telling your dad! And just cause you're having a baby doesn't mean you cant go to college and get a good career, just means it might be put off for a whiley. Plenty of girls here go to college and learn once they've had bubs. Im looking into doing a nail technician course so i can start my own business :) Having a baby doesnt mean your life and dreams have to end xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->