S T M ( Single Teen Mummy & Mummy-to-be's )

i love aaron, caleb & cassandra :thumbup:
benjamin i think is too common, maybe not where you are though :)
also payton and riley just say boys names to me, specially as jas's little boy is gonna be riley i just think of boy for it :p

but ignore me and my silly picky opinions just you asked for honesty ;) xx

I don't mind opinions lol I would rather not give my little girl a name that others think sounds boyish, then have her hating her name.
Cassandra and Aaron are the top choices as of right now.

Riley for a girl, Eek! :wacko:
I knew when I picked out Riley it was becoming quite popular as a unisex name.. One of the reasons I'm sticking to that spelling because these days when they use an alternative spelling its to make it more feminine..
I love names that aren't so main stream..
I want Ivory Lynne for a girl but I've probably already mentioned that a 100 times :blush:
I also like the name Kiera Lynne but my O/H and a couple of my cousins said it sounds like a black girls name :growlmad: (sadly, where I live there's a lot of racism..) I originally had Damien picked out for a boy but it just didn't seem to fit for my L/O.. and my racist O/H said it also kinda sounded like a black guys name :growlmad:
I hate racism!! gahh!
EDIT: I don't think Payton sounds masculine.. I think I do prefer Peyton though

boo we hate rasicm!!!

but on a bighter note kiera lynne?? that doesnt ''sound black'' hasnt he herd of keira knightly (sp?)

but i do no 3 boys named damien who are black lol

BUT the devils son who is white in that stupid horrible devil film he's white:growlmad:

He has.. he just think it sounds black still..
I've heard of a bunch of black Damien's but also abunch of white guys named it.. so I really don't see it as a certain race sorta name..

And yes, The stupid movie The Omen has ruined that name :cry:
I had some Christians flip on me when I told them I was naming my son Damien!
It's a flippin movie people!

I mean, We still name our sons Jason, Freddy, ECT and those movies are even more popular than The Omen! :growlmad:

I knew when I picked out Riley it was becoming quite popular as a unisex name.. One of the reasons I'm sticking to that spelling because these days when they use an alternative spelling its to make it more feminine..
I want Ivory Lynne for a girl but I've probably already mentioned that a 100 times :blush:
I also like the name Kiera Lynne but my O/H and a couple of my cousins said it sounds like a black girls name :growlmad: (sadly, where I live there's a lot of racism..) I originally had Damien picked out for a boy but it just didn't seem to fit for my L/O.. and my racist O/H said it also kinda sounded like a black guys name :growlmad:
I hate racism!! gahh!

boo we hate rasicm!!!

but on a bighter note kiera lynne?? that doesnt ''sound black'' hasnt he herd of keira knightly (sp?)

BUT the devils son who is white in that stupid horrible devil film he's white:growlmad:

I've heard of a bunch of black Damien's but also abunch of white guys named it.. so I really don't see it as a certain race sorta name..

I mean, We still name our sons Jason, Freddy, ECT and those movies are even more popular than The Omen! :growlmad:

Exactly!
My family is quite religous ( my daddy used to be a pastor) and my sisters flipped when I said I wanted to name LO Damien if it was a boy. We don't not use other names associated with other horror movies so why should I not use it just because someone decided to put it in a freaky movie lol

also payton and riley just say boys names to me, specially as jas's little boy is gonna be riley i just think of boy for it :p

I don't mind opinions lol I would rather not give my little girl a name that others think sounds boyish, then have her hating her name.

That's one thing I hate about unisex names.. Some people see them one way and some see it the other way..
I know plenty of people that think Riley sounds like a girls name and I shouldn't name my son that :nope:

They're SO many names throughout history that was once a boys name and now is pretty much strictly girls names and extremely popular at that.. Example: Ashley, Maddison.. Erm I had more but I forgot.. :blush:

My dad's grand dad was named Maddison James and when I first found out it was a boy and my dad hated the name Damien he was like trying to convince me to name him after his grandpa.. Maddison for a boy in this day and age?!
That would NOT work..
He bugged me about it for weeks too, it irritated the crap outta me..(Even worse is I never knew the guy and the only stories I ever heard about him was like after he was dead for acouple minutes and got a brain injury from it and like threatened to kill them and went completely nuts!)

I'm so glad he stopped trying to get me to name him Maddison.. I think he's happy with Riley and I did make James his middle name which is my dads aswell..
I didn't do it for that purpose but I love the name James and it fit and hey its just an added bonus! :thumbup:

That's one thing I hate about unisex names.. Some people see them one way and some see it the other way..
I know plenty of people that think Riley sounds like a girls name and I shouldn't name my son that :nope:

They're SO many names throughout history that was once a boys name and now is pretty much strictly girls names and extremely popular at that.. Example: Ashley, Maddison.. Erm I had more but I forgot.. :blush:

My dad's grand dad was named Maddison James and when I first found out it was a boy and my dad hated the name Damien he was like trying to convince me to name him after his grandpa.. Maddison for a boy in this day and age?!
That would NOT work..
He bugged me about it for weeks too, it irritated the crap outta me..(Even worse is I never knew the guy and the only stories I ever heard about him was like after he was dead for acouple minutes and got a brain injury from it and like threatened to kill them and went completely nuts!)

I'm so glad he stopped trying to get me to name him Maddison.. I think he's happy with Riley and I did make James his middle name which is my dads aswell..
I didn't do it for that purpose but I love the name James and it fit and hey its just an added bonus! :thumbup:

I think Riley James is lovely :thumbup: They fit very well together.

I hate racism!! gahh!

boo we hate rasicm!!!

Exactly!
My family is quite religous ( my daddy used to be a pastor) and my sisters flipped when I said I wanted to name LO Damien if it was a boy. We don't not use other names associated with other horror movies so why should I not use it just because someone decided to put it in a freaky movie lol

I guess because it's not a very common name and that's the biggest publicity it's gotten.. Like when you think of the name Jason you don't automaticly think of a chain-saw wielding maniac in a hockey mask you think of a guy you know or some famous guy or something :shrug:
With Damien it's unique enough that's the only major publicity it has besides a few guys that play some sport with that name.. Otherwise you automatically think "Son of the devil!"
Some people even told me that's the actual meaning OF the name! :growlmad: I'm like no it's not it means like "the one who tames"!

lol my dad wanted me to name Quintin , Wolfgang! lol yuk!

Wolfgang?! Eek!
I mean I know that's really popular somewhere but not anywhere in these parts!
It just makes me think of well.. a gang of wolves or something! :haha:

Also thanks Stuffymuffy!

I hate racism!! gahh!

boo we hate rasicm!!!

Exactly!

I guess because it's not a very common name and that's the biggest publicity it's gotten.. Like when you think of the name Jason you don't automaticly think of a chain-saw wielding maniac in a hockey mask you think of a guy you know or some famous guy or something :shrug:
With Damien it's unique enough that's the only major publicity it has besides a few guys that play some sport with that name.. Otherwise you automatically think "Son of the devil!"
Some people even told me that's the actual meaning OF the name! :growlmad: I'm like no it's not it means like "the one who tames"!

I think people just read too much into things, my sisters acted like if I named him that he was going to grow up to be a satan worshiper of something:dohh:
I didn't want to start a huge controversy with my family though, so Damien is off the list:cry:

I hate racism!! gahh!

boo we hate rasicm!!!

Exactly!

I think people just read too much into things, my sisters acted like if I named him that he was going to grow up to be a satan worshiper of something:dohh:
I didn't want to start a huge controversy with my family though, so Damien is off the list:cry:
Aww :hugs:
It was the name I was going to use but once people started calling him that and talking to him using that name it didn't seem to fit.. I still really like the name but Riley just seemed to fit when I thought of my little boy! :thumbup:
I hate how some people can be towards the name.. It's all Hollywood! :growlmad:

I hate racism!! gahh!

boo we hate rasicm!!!

Exactly!

Aww :hugs:
It was the name I was going to use but once people started calling him that and talking to him using that name it didn't seem to fit.. I still really like the name but Riley just seemed to fit when I thought of my little boy! :thumbup:
I hate how some people can be towards the name.. It's all Hollywood! :growlmad:

how far along were you when you decided on a name? I feel kinda silly deciding on names now ( I'm not finding out the sex so I'll have a girl's and boy's name picked out)

Well, I already had a girls name picked out before I knew the sex but completely lost on boys name.. which is why he turned out to be a boy :haha:

I didn't decide on Riley til I was after 20 weeks or so.. I don't remember exactly but you still have plenty of time!

I cant believe im saying it... But im joining you girlies! Still in a state of shock but hello everyone :flower: xx p.s i love that little moving thing you have in your signatures that says single mummy and proud!! Could i have the code pleas? X

I cant believe im saying it... But im joining you girlies! Still in a state of shock but hello everyone :flower: xx p.s i love that little moving thing you have in your signatures that says single mummy and proud!! Could i have the code pleas? X

I'm sorry to hear about your situation, but just wanted to say welcome:)

how far along were you when you decided on a name? I feel kinda silly deciding on names now ( I'm not finding out the sex so I'll have a girl's and boy's name picked out)
ah dont feel silly :D i had decided on Noah and Madeleine from about 16 weeks or so :)

welcome :hugs:
your name is ellie right?
(here i go again with the stalking :rofl:)
and yes of course :) i just saved it and put it on my photobucket but you can use the code for mine which issss:
https://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s91/annalolipoplol/logo-2.gif[/IMG

and then add an ] to the end :thumbup:
xxx[/COLOR]

So I have this weird feeling in my belly, I can't really explain it lol it feels like a little pressure pushing out. Kinda weird, never felt it before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->