S T M ( Single Teen Mummy & Mummy-to-be's )

When did everyone start getting things for LO?
Awhile ago when I was shopping with my sister I fell in love with the bugaboo frog stroller and my sister was going to get it for me after the holidays, the sales people said it would be going on sale then, but I think it's still a little early to be getting things for LO:shrug:

I don't think it's to early for you..
Aslong as you have space and you're past 12 weeks it's perfectly fine :thumbup:
We pretty much have everything we need for now.. We waited on getting any big major items til I was farther along because of the lack of space and we won't worry about a high chair until after we move since we'll move by early spring and he won't need one til he's like 6 months.. same with crib..
If you see something you like that's a decent price you should go for it! I recommend going for second-hand things so it doesn't cost an arm and a leg though..

I just feel silly packing the house with baby stuff when I barely look pregnant lol :blush: But once the rest of my family knows I'm sure my house will start to look like Babies R' Us. :haha: My sisters have been bugging me to pick a "theme" for the baby's nursery, but I can't really find anything gender neutral. Do you have a specific theme or just chose things that you liked?

I didn't buy a high chair till Harley was 5-6 months old. I didn't buy a stroller till she was 4-5 months. I also didn't buy a bouncer or swing or a changing table. Saved a lot of money doing that. My friend ended up lending me a bouncer and swing though, but Harley didn't like them

Yeah my family was the same.. they basically found everything for me I think the only thing I got that I stepped up and said I wanted was a little frame with an "R" in it :haha:
My mom was asking about nursery theme as well... Sadly it's really hard because we won't be here for his nursery and the house we're looking at his room would have green walls and it would be perfect for a safari theme but then again we might not get it and it would completely screw up my plans :haha:

EDIT: also for unisex nursery themes there's like whinny the pooh stuff I've seen that's pretty gender friendly..

Hope you girls don't mind me posting here, but from an older person who was a single teen mom many moons ago. I was a single mom for 5 years when I met my husband and we started adding to the family I already had. It is rough at times, but well worth being a single mom and keeping the dad of my oldest as far away as possible. My oldest son is now 12 years old and I thank GOD everyday for him (and my others), but my oldest well (he saved my life when I was a teen). Babies are miracles no matter what! Good luck to you ladies.

***RANT***
(actually about FOB even!)​

He's so freaking emotional and dramatic first he starts talking about if hes gonna be in the room for the birth and that they only allow 1-2 people during the actual pushing and make everyone else leave and I'm already having my mom and my sister-like cousin there and so he was worried he'd be kicked out and left with my family in the waiting room when he's only met 5 of them.. :dohh:
I told him I read tons of birth stories and at that point everyone's to busy to really care how many people or who is in the room.. but he didn't listen and kept going on about it and what not..
Finally I just started yelling at him that I have no control over the situation at that point because I'll be a little BUSY in a huge amount of pain and that will be the last thing on my mind!!!
Then he finally shuts up about that and goes on about how when I push him away I'm pushing him away from Riley as well..
I told him well right now he's still in the womb and the only one getting any real "bonding" time with him is me you can bond with him plenty once I push him out.. Well he goes on to talk about how it's going to be awkward to come visit him when I don't want him there so I said well I do want you there to be in Riley's life and such and I'll just put up with him being there.. Well he goes on saying how hurtful it is that I have to "put up" with him being there and what not..
I go on to tell him about how he's upset about how I never want to talk to him but when I actually do talk to him he acts like this it's like well no wonder! :growlmad:
Finally I just start yelling at him that does he not realize I'm pregnant with his child and all the fun pain I've been going through not to mention all the fun with hormones?!? I really don't want to hear all this sh!t right now!!
Then he says the big words.. "idk what i was thinking. i fell in love with you, which is the only reason we had sex. i thought u felt the same, and at the time i guess you did. your just too young"
So I told him about all the TONS of women I've heard about going through the same thing as me where they want nothing to do with the FOB and it's really just the hormones he's like well that's because they really didn't love eachother and that babies are suppose to bring people closer when they really are in love... :dohh:
So I went on to tell him how many of these women are married to the father and have been together for years and they still feel this way sometimes..
Finally I just tell him "f*cking hell boy, I'm 14 and going to be a mother.. love and guys aren't exactly on my mind right now"
After many minutes of arguing and cussing at him and he kept bringing up the whole "Put up with him" thing I said that's just how I feel right now and the hormones are a big play in that I don't know how I'll feel after I have him and maybe it won't be such a "put up with" feeling I don't f*cking know!
He just goes "k".... :dohh:
I didn't say anything after that and just closed out the conversation and he hasn't said anything else..

He's so emotional!! I can't stand it that's why I knew it would never work between us because he's so emotional and clingy and it drives me off a cliff..

Awhile ago when I was shopping with my sister I fell in love with the bugaboo frog stroller and my sister was going to get it for me after the holidays, the sales people said it would be going on sale then, but I think it's still a little early to be getting things for LO:shrug:

i started buying when I was like 9 weeks:dohh::blush:

I'm Stephanie :)
I'm happy she kinda knows, but I still haven't told her for sure :blush: She just sort of left it as, she's here when I'm ready to talk to her, which I'm so grateful for, I was sure she would demand information right then and there.
I had booked a scan but now that my mom is kinda involved I'm sure she'll want to pick out my OB and all that, I know she won't be thrilled I chose a midwife.

Awww thats good tho
better 2 have it off ur chestt!
once she goes with u for the scan it will all be okayy xxx

stephanie.. i dont look pregnant at all and ive got a few little bits and pieces xxx

AAHAAAAAA!
m'dear i was suposed 2 do them yday wasnt iiiiiiii!!!!
i had to get bk frm kies n go st8 2 do my mates hair, got dropped home ada rush get readi n bludii go his again!
im off out inaminite bt wen my moms back i shall just send them
so shud be later on babe xxx

i started buying little bits of clothes and things at about 13 weeks? i think its a good idea to start buying early cos if you get little bits every few weeks or so it soon builds up! also youll find a lot gets given to you. :thumbup: ive got pretty much everything i need now, and it doesnt feel like ive spent much at all because its been over such a long period of time!
as for the nursery theme, i dont have a theme cos as i say i just have lots of bits and bobs that dont really go together cos i got them all from different places/people :p ive seen a lot of lovely neutral nursery themed things though :thumbup: xx

;)
internet distracting me frm gettin redi lmao
faceboook i hate it 4 thtt xxx

:haha:

I need to get dressed and everything but i really cant be arsed! im sat in my jarmas and dressing gown :rofl:

LMAO im babysittin 2nyt 4 my friend so im gna come home have a shower n go over in my pjs lmao kies drivin me ther so its all gd:p xx

I feel such a bore! its new years eve and i cant even drink! wel i can abit but i feel bad doing it lol .. and im stuck at home with my dad and i bet hell go bed early anyway! :haha: least at midnight i can celebrate being full term woop! x

aha i ent gotta babysit nemur
looks like im stayin in tnyt
evrybody keeps askin me 2 go
and i really want 2 :'(
boo hoo xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member