Santa's Grotto???

nieces (x3) and nephews (x2) on my OH’s side we spend about £15 each.

we’ve got one niece on my side and we spend up to £50 on just whatever i think she would like :) i also buy for my cousins kids (x2) with a £15-20 budget.

the reason for the mismatch is that we’ve got an agreement with the others on a budget because obviously there are more kids to buy for on that side. once there are more kids in my family i’d imagine it’ll be the same!

I have no nieces and neohews to buy for ☹️ but I do buy for my friends daughters, and spend £10/15 each on them. My sisters spend £40/50 each on my girls but obviously they don't have children of their own to buy for (yet... I wish they would hurry up!)

I usually spend around £5/£7 on my nephews and niece
I get them pjs and a selection box and my sister gets my kids the same just an agreement we have come to to make it easier.

i’ve officially started my christmas shopping :happydance:

got 4 monster high megabloks sets for DD, they were mega reduced on amazon :D

Where's the grotto? There's only 138 days until Christmas :shrug:

Just what I was thinking! :wacko: :shrug:

I have two neices and two nephews. I usually spend £10 each on them but seeing as I still have the girls presents from last year and probably won't be seeing them I may not get anything this year.... that's not me being mean or nasty we generally do not have a relationship with that side of the family.

The two boys we do see but their parents don't really bother with Christmas (or birthdays tbh) and would rather we didn't get them anything. I probably will get them a little stocking filler type gift though.

My sister buys for my girls and would easily spend £100 each on both of them. She's single, no children, lives at home. I've told her to cut back this year though ;-)

I have 3 nephews . We agreed £10 per child in our family just works easier. Or like Leonie pjs and some sort of selection box / xmas treats .

I’ve cut back buying for a lot of family members of the years. They just didn’t seem to appreciate it or return the gesture (which I know that’s not what it’s about) but in the end I just thought oh what’s the point kinda thing.

C14 - my brother in law is like this spends loads on my girls but they are always presents that are thoughtful and they absolutely love .

Out of curiosity how much do people spend on their nieces and nephews for Christmas?

Not sure what to get my 2 nieces (7&2) and nephew (4) so think setting a budget is the best place to start. x

We just have one niece and spend £30 :)

Just to add to this OH's sister spends £10 each on my 3 kids. I imagine if we ever get more nieces or nephews we'd spend less than the £30 each.

I am slightly obsessed with Playmobil (and my girls love it too). Just been on their website and they have a little sale on and also new stuff that's been added. Roll on pay day so I can pick up a few bits.

Birthday/Christmas prep has begun. I have sorted both girls bedrooms ready for anything new. I love a good sort out but then I see how much they already have !!!!!

Can’t wait for the grotto to open!

I haven’t officially started Christmas shopping yet this year. Kids are getting an amazon fire tablet each as main gifts so will buy them one a month starting at the end of this month and start picking up little bits and bobs as and when I see them after DD’s birthday next weekend x

I’ve just started buying bits as we have 6 children to buy for this year plus 4 if the kids birthdays are in November and December :dohh:

I've heard Sainsbury 25% off starts on Tues, does anyone know what time it starts online?

Both of my boys birthdays have gone now, I am so ready to get into Christmas mode. When can we have the grotto open!?!?!?

I bought d's a jurrasic undo set from harrords and a batman hoddie ( although hrs NOT impressed with clothes! Right now maybe he will because its batman) If I can spend £30-45 a month on him up till Christmas it will really help. I bought fob some jeans and am looking to spend £20 from now until xmas on him to spread the cost. Roll on opening of grotto. Harrold had some Christmas decorations and christmas stocking you could buy :) xxx

I got my first present yesterday ! It was just a stocking stuffer for DH but I now have a stash!

I also have got all DDs birthday gifts. They are getting a a scooter each, mermaid blanket and some glitter tattoos/facepaints. (I don't go mad on birthdays)

I'm starting to think about lists now, but I'm cutting way back this year!

Dd1 (6) will be quite easy, she loves LOLs and has mentioned that tooth fairy game.

I'm really struggling with dd2 who'll be 3 in January (so birthday to think about too). I know she'd like a tablet and she keeps stealing her sisters! but I'm trying to cut back on their tablet use, so not sure about that yet. I've saved everything from dd1, so she has bikes and scooters, trampoline. We have tons of Playmobil and wooden train tracks. Lots of baby stuff and a kitchen. I'm thinking about little life pets, as she loves the turtle set we have. And maybe a bigger slide for the garden. Other than that I'm stumped!

Oooh, what's the tooth fairy game?

I'm not quite sure what you have to do, but I think the tooth turns into a coin at some point during the game

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180814-182046.jpg
    Screenshot_20180814-182046.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 5

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member