Santa's Grotto???

I had a mega delivery of Christmas presents this week :happydance:

Ooooh what did you order?

I really need to sort out where I'm going to store it all before I order any lol

Ooh what you get?

Ooooh what did you order?

I really need to sort out where I'm going to store it all before I order any lol

I got 4 big monster high megabloks sets
a big set of monster high design-a-monster doll bits second hand off ebay (i don't care about second hand stuff for my DD's Christmas :haha:)
build-a-bear wardrobe
build-a-bear car

can you guess what my DD's favourite is right now :rofl: it came in big boxes which was exciting :haha: in retrospect it's not actually a mega delivery really :haha:

i have no idea where to store things either! I kept everything in the boxes until DD went to her dad's yesterday so i need to find a hiding place before she comes back!

Aw brilliant, my girls like monster high but they prefer normal barbie dolls. I've never seen the megabloks sets though, are the lego sized?

Heres my stash so far, just got a couple of bits today in the entertainer. Only thing I've paid full price for are the new LOL dolls, everything else has been half price or in the 3for2
Screenshot_20180818_151628.jpg

I'm not starting til September:( not that far away but I'm constantly looking and having to stop myself lol!
What budget do you set yourself per a child? I always aim for £100-£150 each, I normally 'stop' at £100 then grab extra bits in good deals and pretend they are in the £100:haha:

I don't really have a set budget, probably around 250/300 but if I can get them what I want for less then even better. So far I've spent £95 each on dd1&2 and £101 on dd3.

Aw brilliant, my girls like monster high but they prefer normal barbie dolls. I've never seen the megabloks sets though, are the lego sized?

Heres my stash so far, just got a couple of bits today in the entertainer. Only thing I've paid full price for are the new LOL dolls, everything else has been half price or in the 3for2

yeah they're lego sized, apparently they fit generally well with lego apart from some pieces. the figures are bigger though!

amazing stash! :happydance: my DD is just getting into LOL dolls, what are the longer ones at the bottom?

I hate LOLs haha, but my girls absolutely love them and it's all they ever ask for (they have just over 100 now) and they do play with them and look after them so I don't mind too much. The long ones are the new series 4 'under wraps' dolls.

I'll maybe have a look at that monster high stuff, I think mine would like that as they like lego (have lots of disney/lego friends sets all in together so just build whatever) and some monster high would be a bit different!

I hate LOLs haha, but my girls absolutely love them and it's all they ever ask for (they have just over 100 now) and they do play with them and look after them so I don't mind too much. The long ones are the new series 4 'under wraps' dolls.

I'll maybe have a look at that monster high stuff, I think mine would like that as they like lego (have lots of disney/lego friends sets all in together so just build whatever) and some monster high would be a bit different!

yeah I liked the idea of it because it's black so will be a nice change to all of our pink and purple lego :haha: plus she loves all these 'ghosty' things like monster high and vampirina so I might try and get some wee vampirina figures as well for her to play with in whatever she builds! :)

I probably should have got one set but they were soooo reduced on amazon I had to buy 4 of them :haha:

Some needs to nudge Wobbles :rofl: 129 days to go...

I don't have a set budget for my little boy, I really like to spoil him he is our little rainbow miracle and go all out because I love the magic of Christmas. So I usually spend around £500-£600 on him.

Already got him his main pressie which was quite expensive itself, and I've already spent around £120 on other bits already.

I feel really tight compared to everyone:blush:
I bet it looks amazing in your living rooms Christmas morning!

I feel really tight compared to everyone:blush:
I bet it looks amazing in your living rooms Christmas morning!

I don’t spend much but it looks like I do. My dd loves clothes so she gets basically all her clothes for the following year gifted to her at Christmas, plus things I might usually just buy her “just because” - also some stuff is second hand (things like mega blocks which can be washed 😂) and I’m quite good at getting bargains throughout the year for her.

What a great stash MrsMurphy! I haven't even seen some of those LOLs here in Canada yet. My kids are obsessed too.

I never really have a set budget, but with baby due early Feb I'm probably going to have to cut back this year because we have no baby stuff.

The kids got to see Santa this week! We went to a Christmas themed amusement park. We're so excited for Christmas!

YHKUcMX.jpg

My budget this year will be around £200-250 each I reckon including stocking fillers. It tends to be higher for my oldest and less for my youngest so hoping for £700 in total.
I've already made a pretty good start with buying, mostly bits and pieces but I got a fab deal on the playmobil pyramid my oldest wants. It was new but an opened box on eBay so I'm thinking of setting it up on Xmas day rather than wrapping the box :)

Christmas in the summer I love it ! Cute pic too Phantom !

We don’t have a set budget for my girls . They do have their main present bought anyway so it’s just whatever else they ask for and little bits and bobs.

DH and I usually spend £50/60 on each other but he’s getting harder to buy for each year.

Smyths have opened a new store about 15 minutes from me so I will be going there it’s right next to a massive Home Bargains too ! God help my bank account ! Cannot wait for the Christmas decorations to start popping up

Any Christmas tree recommendations?, We need a new one this year not sure the best shops to look in. I want fake that will last years.

My girls would love that stash! They are getting some LOLs for their birthday and if they still love them by Xmas I'll maybe get a couple more.

Funny a few of you have mentioned Monsert High. My DDs got gifted a couple with the Barbie's and they hated them...maybe not girly enough :wacko:

I've now sorted out their bedrooms and DD2 has a new bed with storage.
Birthdays are done they both are getting a scooter, mermaid blanket and glitter tattoos/face paints.
Thinking playmobil and some barbie for Xmas plus craft sets like making your own bracelets, paint a pot etc. Really trying to keep things down as they have so much already....and are starting to act a little spoilt if I admit it!

I'm not starting til September:( not that far away but I'm constantly looking and having to stop myself lol!
What budget do you set yourself per a child? I always aim for £100-£150 each, I normally 'stop' at £100 then grab extra bits in good deals and pretend they are in the £100:haha:

I don't normally set a budget but I have a list with equal number of presents (same sort of price). As my two are so close in age they get lots of similar things. This year my head is telling me £150 each but depends what I put on their list.
Now I've done their birthday gifts (both September) I'm going to start saving £30-50 a week. Don't want to buy too early but I know once that grotto opens I'll be reading about all the bargains and can't help myself ha ha

Any Christmas tree recommendations?, We need a new one this year not sure the best shops to look in. I want fake that will last years.

I've always bought online in the past and am never happy with what I buy. The range display their trees so do BnQ so maybe try those? If buying online we got a nice one one year in Tesco...it's just annoying you can't see it first x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->