Santa's Grotto???

I'm starting to think about lists now, but I'm cutting way back this year!

Dd1 (6) will be quite easy, she loves LOLs and has mentioned that tooth fairy game.

I'm really struggling with dd2 who'll be 3 in January (so birthday to think about too). I know she'd like a tablet and she keeps stealing her sisters! but I'm trying to cut back on their tablet use, so not sure about that yet. I've saved everything from dd1, so she has bikes and scooters, trampoline. We have tons of Playmobil and wooden train tracks. Lots of baby stuff and a kitchen. I'm thinking about little life pets, as she loves the turtle set we have. And maybe a bigger slide for the garden. Other than that I'm stumped!

What about a shop and till?

My dd is slightly older (3 in October) but we got her a shop maybe about 6 months ago and she plays every single day. It was only £30 from aldi. We got her more play food and a shopping trolley, and then a play till. We use flash cards to make shopping lists and then she has even started counting out money and working out change, which I think is amazing for not even 3! I swear it’s all down to that shop. It also helped her eating because she sees the cabbage in the shop so wants to eat cabbage. She “buys” ingredients in her shop then uses them in her play kitchen.

Dd1 (6) will be quite easy, she loves LOLs and has mentioned that tooth fairy game.

I'm really struggling with dd2 who'll be 3 in January (so birthday to think about too). I know she'd like a tablet and she keeps stealing her sisters! but I'm trying to cut back on their tablet use, so not sure about that yet. I've saved everything from dd1, so she has bikes and scooters, trampoline. We have tons of Playmobil and wooden train tracks. Lots of baby stuff and a kitchen. I'm thinking about little life pets, as she loves the turtle set we have. And maybe a bigger slide for the garden. Other than that I'm stumped!

My dd is slightly older (3 in October) but we got her a shop maybe about 6 months ago and she plays every single day. It was only £30 from aldi. We got her more play food and a shopping trolley, and then a play till. We use flash cards to make shopping lists and then she has even started counting out money and working out change, which I think is amazing for not even 3! I swear it’s all down to that shop. It also helped her eating because she sees the cabbage in the shop so wants to eat cabbage. She “buys” ingredients in her shop then uses them in her play kitchen.

Thanks, that's a great idea she'd love something like that. I remember seeing those at Aldi a while ago and thinking they seemed great value. I wonder if they'll be getting anymore in before Christmas.

Aldi usually do a good selection of wooden toys in the run up to Christmas . We got the girls a wooden dolls house and train set 2 years ago Both still get played with on a daily basis .

I really want the girls to do their lists so I can start buying but worried it’s too early and they will change their minds closer to the big day !

Thanks, that's a great idea she'd love something like that. I remember seeing those at Aldi a while ago and thinking they seemed great value. I wonder if they'll be getting anymore in before Christmas.

The other thing she is loving is toot toot drivers. We got we the garage second hand for £10 and it’s been her favourite thing all week! I don’t know how long the obsession will last right enough.

The other thing she is loving is toot toot drivers. We got we the garage second hand for £10 and it’s been her favourite thing all week! I don’t know how long the obsession will last right enough.

I thought about toot toot, but wasn't sure if she'd be a bit old for it. She's been quite into it at friends houses, but that might be due to it being a new toy, as we have none at home. Might look out for some 2nd hand sets

I’m itching to start buying but can’t start til November this year leaving it super last min!

I've started my stash! Picked up a travel spirograph set for dd1, reduced in Sainsbury to £6

So I picked up some Playmobil blind bags in poundland for stocking fillers and DD1 went snooping through the the bag and asked me if they were hers. I was weak and gave in!

So I picked up some Playmobil blind bags in poundland for stocking fillers and DD1 went snooping through the the bag and asked me if they were hers. I was weak and gave in!

Oh damn I hate the snooping ! I would have give in too !

I’ve got a few boxes to hid things in already . Luckily DD1 is in full time school so only DD2 will be around but still have to be careful when buying / hiding things

Oh damn I hate the snooping ! I would have give in too !

I’ve got a few boxes to hid things in already . Luckily DD1 is in full time school so only DD2 will be around but still have to be careful when buying / hiding things

I did leave them completely in her sight, she was actually looking for the baby cereal boxes...oh well.

I love Amazon boxes at Christmas time, perfect for hiding things

Yay! Matalan Christmas range has cheered me up this morning. I was in our local on yesterday and they had a really good sale on toys.

Anyone have a 7 year old boy to buy for this Christmas? Thomas only really seems to be into his Nintendo switch at the minute :dohh:

Card Factory has all the Christmas cards and wrapping paper out now :D going to pick up a few rolls next week to wrap what I've got already!.

So my neighbour says to me the other day 'do your girls like Barbie's I have some from my granddaughter if they want. Yes please I said (we actually don't have Barbie but I know they'd love them).
Came over this morning with huge box. Including a house, car and horse. My girls faces :). I don't think they need birthday presents now lol. Now having another sort out to find space ha ha

I had a mega delivery of Christmas presents this week :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"