Sch group (Subchorionic Hematoma)

Hi everyone! Had my anatomy scan at 20 weeks and its a girl! Weve named her Chloe Marilyn. Unfortunately im back on bed rest cause the u/s tech said she couldnt tell if thrre were just remnants of the hematoma or if my placenta was starting to pull away from my uterus... Another u\s on tuesday. Only 2 more weeks till im 24 weeks though so im holding my breath.

Cor-i had my hemorrage at 16 weeks and its was the same size as yours. I did bed rest though. My advice is do what feels best to you. Its not just you, its you and the baby you have to think of. If it makes you feel better to rest and keep your feet up then go for it. Also dont hesitate to call your obgyn. Good luck my fingers are crossed for you :)

Congratulations on your little girl Kittykat1228 :happydance:

I hope everyone and their babies are doing well and the hematoma's have gone now :thumbup:
I had a growth scan on 31 May and all appears to be good, her estimated weight is 2lb 12oz and I have been booked in for a c-section on 9th August.....eeeekk!!!
It would be nice to catch up with you all on your progression and it hopefully will help new ones to the group to see our positive stories

Sending my best wishes to you all :hugs:

Hi Lockzie, It is good to hear from you and all is well. Almost two more month for you :happydance:. I hope all goes well.
We are going good here so far. We have couple of scans on WED so we will find out how big our baby girl is.. I can not wait for sure :happydance:
Congratulations on your little girl Kittykat1228 :happydance:

I hope everyone and their babies is doing well and the hematoma's have gone now :thumbup:
I had a growth scan on 31 May and all appears to be good, her estimated weight is 2lb 12oz and I have been booked in for a c-section on 9th August.....eeeekk!!!
It would be nice to catch up with you all on your progression and it hopefully will help new ones to the group to see our positive stories

Sending my best wishes to you all :hugs:

Hi everyone! Had my anatomy scan at 20 weeks and its a girl! Weve named her Chloe Marilyn. Unfortunately im back on bed rest cause the u/s tech said she couldnt tell if thrre were just remnants of the hematoma or if my placenta was starting to pull away from my uterus... Another u\s on tuesday. Only 2 more weeks till im 24 weeks though so im holding my breath.

Cor-i had my hemorrage at 16 weeks and its was the same size as yours. I did bed rest though. My advice is do what feels best to you. Its not just you, its you and the baby you have to think of. If it makes you feel better to rest and keep your feet up then go for it. Also dont hesitate to call your obgyn. Good luck my fingers are crossed for you :)

Welcome to team pink! :)
Glad everything is going well for you :thumbup: hitting the 24 week mark feels soooooo good after all the worry I'm sure 2 weeks will fly by.
Chloe Marilyn is such a pretty name :flower:

NewDad39 - Glad everything is going well for you. I bet you cant wait to see your little girl on Wednesday :happydance: Hope all goes well
How far gone is your wife now?

Babyblueskye - Well done for hitting 24 weeks........ it is scary how quick the time goes, yet it seems ages ago since I got my BFP

Daddy and I have a name for our little one, at the minute it is Abigail Rose, but Im sure it will change before she is born lol xx

Hi Lockzie.. We are 26 weeks 4days today so we are getting closer for sure. We should be term on August 17 but due date is September 7. I am only counting 2 more months left since the time between Aug 17 and Sep 7 is just does not count in my mind lol:winkwink:.
I love the name you picked out so far, very nice and can not really go wrong with it :thumbup:
NewDad39 - Glad everything is going well for you. I bet you cant wait to see your little girl on Wednesday :happydance: Hope all goes well
How far gone is your wife now?

Babyblueskye - Well done for hitting 24 weeks........ it is scary how quick the time goes, yet it seems ages ago since I got my BFP

Daddy and I have a name for our little one, at the minute it is Abigail Rose, but Im sure it will change before she is born lol xx

Hi all, need some opinions here. I'm 13wks and had a scan last week and all was well. Yesterday I woke up at about 1am soaked in blood, went to the loo and had a further gush of blood, probably enough to fill a large mug, followed by a couple of large clots but no sign of a foetus. I assumed it was game over but I've had no further bleeding since I passed the clots and no cramping at all through any of it. I did have a bleed at 7wks but very small amount but midwife would not send me for a scan even though I've had 3 miscarriages before and bleeding in 2 other pregnancies one from partial placenta previa and the other was unexplained and had to just wait a month for the bleeding to stop. I have seen a doc about this latest bleed but will not be seen for 3 days to find out what is going in. Does it sound like sch or am I giving myself false hope and should mentally prepare myself for a full blown miscarriage?

Scared/worried and no faith in nhs.

U/s went awesome the tech said she saw no sign of placenta abruption :) and chloe is weighing in at 15.6 oz at only 21 weeks. Babyblue-congrats on the 24 week mark I cant wait to get there. Dad- you guys must be so excited let us know how the scans go..

If you have any doubts and you dont trust your doctor, I would just go to the ER they usually do an ultrasound and they listen for the babys hb. I bought a fetal doppler back at 16 weeks when I started having complications, and its been a comfort, if you feel like something is wrong you can hear the hb whenever you want. Irs worth a try. But I would definately get it checked out, better safe than sorry :) good luck!

Unless they suspect an ectopic pregnancy or you're bleeding to the point of nearly passing out, a&e will not offer pregnant women an ultrasound and will send u home and tell u to phone ur doc who can then refer u to epu. I think its disgusting I have to wait 3 days to find out. The 3 miscarriages I had b4 were early on so it was just like a heavier period but 13wks is very different. U actually "birth" a recognizable foetus. Therefore I would like the option of a d&c. Good news is no more bleeding so I'm convinced its such.

Unless they suspect an ectopic pregnancy or you're bleeding to the point of nearly passing out, a&e will not offer pregnant women an ultrasound and will send u home and tell u to phone ur doc who can then refer u to epu. I think its disgusting I have to wait 3 days to find out. The 3 miscarriages I had b4 were early on so it was just like a heavier period but 13wks is very different. U actually "birth" a recognizable foetus. Therefore I would like the option of a d&c. Good news is no more bleeding so I'm convinced its such.

I had loads of bleeding and fluid loss at 13 weeks (lost a fraternal/invisible twin) also and they refused to give me a US at A&E they wouldn't even look for the heartbeat usin a dopler the Dr i saw seemed so sure that i wasn't losing the baby since there was no cramping or pain, Its harsh to say but at 13 weeks there is nothing they could do to help the baby anyway so i think they just like to leave it and let nature take its course.

I hope you find comfort in the fact that no pain or cramping is a really good sign :) and the fact the bleeding has stopped is a great sign too and it does sound like a SCH so just try to get lots of rest. x x x

69bex69
Im not an expert, but after having several mc's and experienced a sch, I guess you will have an idea of the pain from a mc.
I felt contractions with my mc's, all beteween 8 to 11 weeks.
With the bleeding times with my sch, I didnt have any contraction pains or any pain at all. I bleed very heavily (gushes) and passed some strange looking big clots (sorry tmi)
It might be worth getting a doppler to put your mind at ease, as like most of us, we have had to wait a few days for scans, so a doppler is well worth having :thumbup:
I hope that helps and good luck with your scan, I hope you have positive news xx :hugs:

Hi all.. hope you are all doing well. We had our scan yesterday and baby is doing great and right on track. No sign what so ever of the SCH.
KittyKat, I am glad your baby is doing great. Where in PA are you? We are in Wilmington, DE

Were right outside philly, the neshaminy area if youve ever been around these parts. Great to hear everything is going well. :)

NewDad39, Glad to hear little one is doing well :happydance:

Had my scan and baby is fine! They said they couldn't find any reason for the bleed and to enjoy the rest if my pregnancy. I asked about sch and could it be in a place u couldn't see on the u/s and they said no. Could be placenta previa but they won't check that till my 20week scan. Think I'll just take it easy from now on though they said carry on as normal. I have a Doppler on its way.

Hello everyone, I'm new to this website, but I've found the information on here invaluable over the past 3 weeks. I am 9 weeks today, but was diagnosed with SCH at 7 weeks after 3 very dramatic episodes of bleeding (bright red, eventually turning brown) during the 6th week. Most of you seem to be a lot further along than me, which is great. I'm finding this process very stressful and would like to converse with people going through the same thing.

I had a scare this morning. After I was diagnosed I was taken off the clexane and aspirin (I was taking these as I had 3 very early losses last year and I'm an IVF patient). This seemed to stop the bleeding. The following week I had another scan and the haematoma had shrunk (down from 5x3cm to 4x2cm). Last night I was celebrating nearly 2 weeks with no bleeding or spotting. I really thought I was on the mend, and now this morning I had a lot of brown discharge, plus some very mild cramps (which are worse if I sit in certain positions).

I wondered if any of you had experienced anything similar? I know brown is old blood, but surely it can't be blood that is 2 weeks old as it would have clotted by now? This business is so stressful, i was just starting to relax again and get my confidence back and now this. I have another US booked in 2 days so hopefully can get some answers then.

X

I've been told I have a bleed (guessing sch) it's 9.7mm so going by some of the sizes on here it's tiny (smaller than my baby.... I'm 7+3 today)
Ive not had any bleeding so was shocked but was told not to worry about it
I had a MMC 3 months ago so taking things easy this time x

Trooper and ticking, welcome to the club, sorry you have to join us. Just try to stay positive .
Trooper-from what my doctor told me brown and even pink is ok because its old. However if you can get it checked I would cause the pain could be a cyst from what I read.

Ticking- if you can take it easy, do it. Prop your feet up and relax, do what makes you feel comfortable.

Remember youre the only person that can speak up for your baby, if something feels.wrong let someone know. Best wishes, keep us posted!

Hi Everyone!

Hope you all are doing well!

On may 18th, I posted here, and people were so helpful. I thought I come back for an update. I am due for a u/s this monday, but I've pushed the appt up to this afternoon. I found some brown discharge yesterday - it was very light, and just a little bit. Of course I panicked, and went straight to my doc. My doc said brown discharge is "normal" and happens alot to pregnant women, but i couldn't sleep all night. So this morning i rescheduled my appt.

Just wanted to ask. For those who have very small SCH, i've heard that most of the time it gets reabsorbed, or it bleeds out. can the brown discharge be the SCH? as well, can it take almost 4 weeks to expel the blood?

thanks you all! I'll be sure to update you once i have the U/S. Please pray for us.. im just hoping to hear a heartbeat, and see a dancing LO!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->