Sch group (Subchorionic Hematoma)

Hello everyone, and thanks for the welcome Kittykat!

We had our US today and I'm really pleased! Baby measuring spot on for 9 weeks (and actually starting to look like a baby!) with a strong heartbeat. The SCH has shrunk again, down to 3x1cm. The scan I had today was also with a consultant obstetrician I'd been seeing privately about the early miscarriages and he was really reassuring and confidently positive. I'd only ever seen junior doctors at my NHS IVF clinic and they often seemed to be a bit confused and negative, which really added to my anxiety. I think for the first time I might actually feel properly pregnant!

I hope your scan went okay Pegs. My consultant said brown discharge is absolutely nothing to worry about, in fact it should be welcomed as a sign of the haematoma breaking down.

SuperTrooper:

THANK YOU for well wishes!

Just came back from the U/S, and the tech said everything looks good! I told her that I had some minor spotting yesterday, and she said its a sign that the SCH is expelling. I asked her if there SCH left, and sure enough, she said NOPE! PHEW!!! it took me 4 weeks to get rid of my mini SCH (most of it was absorbed) - took longer than I thought, but hey, As long as we're good!

Baby is happily moving, and its heartbeat is at 151! so Im really relieved! I asked if I should be concerned with anything else (last U/S, NO ONE told me anything and waited till the next day to have my doc tell me about the SCH). This time around, they cleared me, and said its a routine U/S!..

The only thing that baffled me is that Im technically 11w1day, but the baby measured 6Ws and some days... they said there is a 1 week difference give and take... so not sure what that means.

So with that, I hope the rest of you get their SCH cleared up soon!!!!!

Hello everyone, and thanks for the welcome Kittykat!

We had our US today and I'm really pleased! Baby measuring spot on for 9 weeks (and actually starting to look like a baby!) with a strong heartbeat. The SCH has shrunk again, down to 3x1cm. The scan I had today was also with a consultant obstetrician I'd been seeing privately about the early miscarriages and he was really reassuring and confidently positive. I'd only ever seen junior doctors at my NHS IVF clinic and they often seemed to be a bit confused and negative, which really added to my anxiety. I think for the first time I might actually feel properly pregnant!

I hope your scan went okay Pegs. My consultant said brown discharge is absolutely nothing to worry about, in fact it should be welcomed as a sign of the haematoma breaking down.

Pegs, I had two scans that we're both 4 days behind. They said don't worry, it could just be the angle it's sitting at, and anyway all babies develop in their own way and a week either side is fine. Anyway my last scan was bang on for the dates, so either it had been sitting at a funny angle, or it has caught up. Either way it really was nothing to worry about X

thanks! its good to know.. I talked to my doc yesterday and he said the LO is right on schedule, so nothing to worry..

its my first pregnancy and you can tell i have become overly paranoid!
lol

Pegs, I had two scans that we're both 4 days behind. They said don't worry, it could just be the angle it's sitting at, and anyway all babies develop in their own way and a week either side is fine. Anyway my last scan was bang on for the dates, so either it had been sitting at a funny angle, or it has caught up. Either way it really was nothing to worry about X

hello to everyone iv been reading through your storys and i would like to join you lovely ladies ... heres my story.

i have suffered 3 mc from early stages 5-8 weeks and september 2011 i gave birth to a beautiful boy who we sadly lost at 11 weeks old i am now pregnant with our rainbow baby i am currently 15+3 but im not having a easy ride 2 weeks ago whilst washing up (13+3) i felt something dripping down my legs i put my hand there only to be coverd in blood i ran to get my hubby who drove me straight to hospital after waiting 4 hours and having loads of blood tests done being 100% sure id lost our precious gift ..the scan showed our baby moving around (relived wasnt even the word) but the doctor told me i have a sch he said its not very big but didnt actually say the size i was told strick bed rest givien progestron and injections every 3 days i ended up having another bleed on sunday last week (5 days after my 1st bleed) im so scared i now have brown/black sometimes stringy (sorry tmi) im just wondering if anyone can help how do i know if this is good or bad im using clexane and asprin which doctor told me to carry on with im being re scanned friday and im absolutly petrified :((( xxxxxx

Hey all.. I was diagnosed with SCH yesterday. I have not had any bleeding yet, but have had light cramping nonstop. Baby is doing great so far, though. I just hope it stays that way. This whole thing is freaking me out!

HI ladies, I'm 16 wks and I was diagnosed with a SCH, actually two, yesterday on random ultrasound. I've had no spotting or bleeding and no cramping at all my entire pregnancy. I'm scared to pieces. The larger of the two is actually right at the edge of my placenta closest to my cervix, but no bleeding or spotting, is that normal?? I'm confused and scared and my Dr acted like there wasn't much to be done and just watch it. He didn't tell me how big they were, and of course I forgot to ask b/c I was so scared.

HI ladies, I'm 16 wks and I was diagnosed with a SCH, actually two, yesterday on random ultrasound. I've had no spotting or bleeding and no cramping at all my entire pregnancy. I'm scared to pieces. The larger of the two is actually right at the edge of my placenta closest to my cervix, but no bleeding or spotting, is that normal?? I'm confused and scared and my Dr acted like there wasn't much to be done and just watch it. He didn't tell me how big they were, and of course I forgot to ask b/c I was so scared.

I haven't had any bleeding yet either. Hoping I don't! But there really is nothing that can be done. I was told to limit activity. So no exercise or sex until they clear me. I'm terrified as well, though!

I had a sch at around 8 weeks. Ultrasound said it was dried up about 4 weeks ago today i passed a blood clot the size of a 50 cent piece n 1 inch thick. Er only checked baby hb and checked for contraction then said ur doctor says u will most likely pass more and you will bleed your whole pregnancy. I haven't bleed since 8 weeks n IM not heavily bleeding now but i had passed a huge clot. Anyone have this happen and baby made it OK? Please help IM sooo sooo scared!!!

Went to my follow up today and there was NO sign of the SCH! It was absorbed. They saw it 4 weeks ago at my 7week 3 days U/S. Went in today and bam! It was gone. Never had any bleeding. Hope everyone else is doing well and if their SCH is still not gone, I hope soon it will resolve itself!

Went to my follow up today and there was NO sign of the SCH! It was absorbed. They saw it 4 weeks ago at my 7week 3 days U/S. Went in today and bam! It was gone. Never had any bleeding. Hope everyone else is doing well and if their SCH is still not gone, I hope soon it will resolve itself!

I have a follow-up today, but it's only been 1.5 weeks since my last scan. But I still have had ZERO bleeding, so I'm really hoping for good news today!

Hi before this happened last week I had never heard of this. I had the first bleed while at work it was bright red and enough to stain my panties but it trickled off within a few hours. I was 14 weeks 2 days. Went to the e.r. and they told me I have SCH. Told me to follow up with my ob first thing the next morning. Of course she was off....so friday they returned my calls and ordered the ultrasounds from the hospital. Told me to err on the side of caution go home and rest, no sex no exercise, no lifting. Friday night left a message saying to call first thing monday and in the meantime stay on restrictions, and if i bleed again to call. So saturday bled again bright red, but not heavy just more spotting. Called on call dr, he said that being only 14weeks 5 days he didn't know why my ob would want to know when i bled, to rest and hope for the best.....to go to the er if i pass tissue. Basically I was in tears.....but rested. Called first thing yesterday, she apologized, she wouldn't tell me how big the mass is, i asked if she thought it would absorb on its own or was too big. She said they just didn't know....I have an ultrasound on 7/11/12. I came back to work today, but I'm so stressed....I have a doppler so its reassuring to hear the baby at night before I go to sleep, but i'm sore. Today I'm 15 weeks :) How do you guys handle the stress.

Does anyone know what happens or what risks can arise if a SCH doesn't either bleed itself out or reabsorb? Mine was discovered at 9+2 and at 12+1 it had gotten bigger. I have had spotting episodes but nothing major. I'm on blood thinners so my doctor said it could take longer to reabsorb but no one can, or will, really tell me what happens if it doesn't go away as the baby grows.

Is it inevitable that if it doesn't reabsorb that the growth of the baby and uterus would force it to eventually bleed itself out? I've just come off of five days of bed rest because of spotting and pain. I don't think I've ever been this stressed in my life. Sheesh. :wacko:

Hi ladies, I just wanted to pop back to this thread as it gave me a lot of support near the beginning of my pregnancy. I was diagnosed with two SCH's at just over 8 weeks. A week ago I had my handsome, healthy little monkey Iain. Best wishes to all of you going through this scary time, hang in there!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->