Sch group (Subchorionic Hematoma)

Jess, I had my first and only bleed at 16 weeks. And my doctor did pretty much the same thing. Ive visited the er 3 times for fear of something being wrong but everytime the baby is fine. Honestly you just hold your breath and hope everything is ok till your next appt or ultrasound. I bpught a doppler too and that helped a lot cause I could check on her whenever I wanted. Im at 26 weeks 4 days now and I still check for spotting everytime i go to the bathroom... Just hang in there.

Congrats bug222!

hey ladies, just joined this forum because I've had this sch since 9 weeks and now I am 15 weeks.
I've bled on and off for the past 6 weeks and believe me, I kind of gotten used to the bleeding. heh!
I'm just taking it easy, and hoping it goes away somehow.
every time I go back to the hospital for a scan, my baby is doing well.
I believe in this baby and his/her will to live:)
I also have a fetal doppler I've ordered on its way. can't wait!

Hello,

I had my 2nd trimester morphology scan today and thought i'd update with positive news. Here's a recap of my timeline:

*. 8 weeks - dating scan picked up a small subchorionic hematoma.
*. 11 weeks - followup scan showed sch was still there but shrinking
*. 19 weeks - morphology scan showed sch had been reabsorbed and everything looked great apart from the two choroid plexus cysts present, but that is for another thread.

I did not bleed or spot at any time apart from 7dpo which would have been implantation.

Hope everyone else is doing well with theirs.
Cheers

Hi ladies

I'm 16 weeks and at 12 weeks I had a haeomorrage. Since then I've had 2 heavy bleeds and brown spotting with some clotting on most days. I'm on progesterone pessaries and baby is doing ok.

Just wondering how it all went for you.

I'm also having issues with my obs. He called it clots behind the placenta but after days of research on the net I found the tech name (which I asked and he didn't tell me).

Emotionally, I have good days and bad days.

My obs said to not have sex and no need to bed rest, just carry on as always. But when I do my normal activities I notice that i bleed more so I'm not listening to him. I'm mainly on the couch and do very light duties around the house.

thanks

Jasrose

had a scan the other day at 17w4d. the sch was still there but the sonographer said
it looks " more echogenic and organized" and that's a good thing, whatever that means! lol
My baby is doing great, so I try not to worry too much.
thank fruck I started feeling the baby move, it's lovely and reassuring:)

hope everything goes well for you too jasrose88.

Hi all

I thought I would just post an update on here after having lots of huge bleeds in early pregnancy due to a big SCH and other complications along the way

Abigail Rose was born on 9th August 2012 at 1210 weighing 7lb 2oz by section. She is adorable, healthy and perfect :baby: She has a very proud mummy and daddy <3 <3 <3

Attachments

• IMG_0413.jpg
    IMG_0413.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 8
Lockzie she is beautiful. Congratulations on your happy ending :)

oooh lockzie congrats on your little one!

and here's an update on ... well, me and my bub.
I went in to morphology scan today at 19w2d, baby is doing extremely well and
the sch's all GONE!!!
the sonographer said she didn't see any evidence of bleeding, hooray!!!

looks like my optimism and slacking on some housework have paid off?;) lol

hope everything is going well for everyone out there too:wohoo::wohoo:

Big congrats Lockzie .. She is very adorable :happydance:. I am glad your baby is here safe and sound.. We still have about 3 more weeks to go unless she decides she wants to come early :happydance:
Hi all

I thought I would just post an update on here after having lots of huge bleeds in early pregnancy due to a big SCH and other complications along the way

Abigail Rose was born on 9th August 2012 at 1210 weighing 7lb 2oz by section. She is adorable, healthy and perfect :baby: She has a very proud mummy and daddy <3 <3 <3

How exciting...... for me those last 3 weeks flew past, so she will be here before your know it.
Hope the last tri has been a worry free one for you and I hope your little one doesnt keep you waiting too long!!
Please let us know on here when she arrives......:baby:

Best wishes :happydance:

Big congrats Lockzie .. She is very adorable :happydance:. I am glad your baby is here safe and sound.. We still have about 3 more weeks to go unless she decides she wants to come early :happydance:
Hi all

Thank you so much..she has been doing very good and right on track with her measurements and everything :thumbup::happydance:. We had an OB appointment and my wife's cervix is still closed at 36w4d...hopefully it will start changing soon. I will keep you all posted for sure
How exciting...... for me those last 3 weeks flew past, so she will be here before your know it.
Hope the last tri has been a worry free one for you and I hope your little one doesnt keep you waiting too long!!
Please let us know on here when she arrives......:baby:

Best wishes :happydance:

Hi all

Congrats lockzie! And newdad keep us posted, great to read all the success stories :)
I hit 32 weeks today and everything is going good. Started getting horrible braxton hicks though it feels like I cant breath sometimes, but DD is moving around like crazy.

Lockzie - My due date buddy :) CONGRATULATIONS! :happydance:

Thought I'd pop back in too for an update :) We have also welcomed the arrival of our baby girl on 11 Aug at exactly 39 weeks. She was born naturally within 7 hours after checking into the hospital. It is such a joy to hold her especially after the rough pregnancy. The SCH started at 10cm and didn't go away till 30 weeks. Was bleeding on and off till 16 weeks.

The Dr and I had a good look at the placenta after the birth. It was free of SCH! Chin up mamas! It gets better with each passing day.

so here is my story.....First off, this is my first pregnancy and was so happy. Untill i started bleeding that is at 6 weeks. Turns out i had a hematoma right from the start. no idea how it came to be. saw it even before the heartbeat. I bleed for 2 weeks and havent had any since then. im now 15 w 2 d. I thank god every day im still pregnant. But now, the hematoma has lifted a small edge of placenta. Like 15 percent. i just dont get it. I did everything i was suppoed to. I still work but only 3 days a week and i literally am so careful and when i get home i do NOTHING. This whole process is so scary and i find myself wondering daily if i will be with a real live bay in febuary. Some days i think yes, some days i think no.....im so mad that this hematoma is ruining my experience of being pregnant. I havent enjoyed not one day of it. I want this baby so much...its a girl btw! I have named her Ava Jade. I have barely told anyone about the pregnancy except family because i keep thinking i will lose her. I want a normal pregnancy. Im just sort of angry right now. Also i want to add that im a obgyn ultrasound tech for a maternal fetal medicine doctor which most people think would be great but its so hard seeing all these great pregnancies daily and wishing it could be me. Also i have way to much access. checking the clot every couple days is simply maddening because its never gone! Just wanted to get this off my chest and share with you ladies. Hoping for some support

Well Done and Congratulations to you Goodluckbear :baby::happydance:
What have you called her and what did she weigh?

Lockzie - My due date buddy :) CONGRATULATIONS! :happydance:

Thought I'd pop back in too for an update :) We have also welcomed the arrival of our baby girl on 11 Aug at exactly 39 weeks. She was born naturally within 7 hours after checking into the hospital. It is such a joy to hold her especially after the rough pregnancy. The SCH started at 10cm and didn't go away till 30 weeks. Was bleeding on and off till 16 weeks.

The Dr and I had a good look at the placenta after the birth. It was free of SCH! Chin up mamas! It gets better with each passing day.

hopefullmom - Sorry you have had to come to this group...... if you read back about 10 pages or so, you will see some of our stories which will give you confidence while having a SCH

Your situation sounds similar to mine, I had huge bleeds from 7 weeks onwards and the SCH lifted a significant proportion of my placenta according to my consultant. It terrified me and didnt announce my pregnancy until well after my 20 week scan. I also had other complications too.
Well, I had my little girl last week, happy, healthy and perfect. Goodluckbear also had a terrible time with her SCH and she also had her little girl last week.

Take it very easy and take positivness from the babies being born from mums on this sch forum :hugs:

So it turns out I was not having braxton hicks but real contractions. Went to the hospital on thurs and they gave me a shot of terbutaline to keep away the contractions, then saturday otw to the store someone rearended our car and the doc told me to go get checked out, and the contractions were back. I didnt get home till this morning,im on procardia to keep away contractions, bed rest and were already 2 cm dilated. They gave me steroid shots and assured me she was developed enough to survive. Hoping chloe can stay in there a couple more weeks. Fingers crossed...

Hoping everyone is doing ok :)

Hi everyone!

I am so glad that I found you :) I am 16 weeks and have a big sch with bleeding on and off since 10 weeks. I've been told to rest and i'm off work for the next 8 weeks (until the baby is viable - i've been told).

Is there anything else that I can do to help? Will sit down with a cup of tea and read lots of your stories later :)

Trying to keep positive xx

I spent an hour reading all the back posts and it is very reassuring. This is so scary....i pray every day. Im already so attched to this baby. I really hope i can make it. Im so happy to read all the outcomes of healthy babies. I will update as i get more news.

Please pray for my baby AVA FISHER
i will be praying for everyone on this site tonight and every night

hello group. this is my first pregnancy and im 5 weeks along . After intercourse i noticed some bleeding not much but i was still concerned so i went to the er. they did an ultra sound and the results said I have sch. the doctor there said i have a 99% chance of having a healthy baby. Not knowing at the time exactly what sch was i was lost on what to ask him such as if it was large or small. I did ask if i should go on bed rest and he said no continue everything as normal. Well I found if i put myself on bed rest my cramps dont really bother me and i dont bleed but if i stand for more then 5 min i start to bleed and its a dark brown. what does everyone think about bedrest? does it make a difference and help? is there a difference between bright red blood or dark brown? anything else i can do to help my chances? thanks in advance for replies

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->