Sch group (Subchorionic Hematoma)

Hopeitisoon - yours are really small. Yours should go away in no time. That's weird about all the cramping. I have had some cramping but it has not been too painful.

Hi All. Just wanted to share and get some input. So at 6 weeks 4 days the LO had a heartbeat of 111 bpm, but a hematoma of about 2.2cm x 1.5cm. At 8 weeks the HB was 159 bpm. Hematoma was the same size. A few days ago, I went in (9 weeks 5 days) and the HB was 169 bpm. But the hematoma was around the same at 2.4cm x 1.7cm x 1cm. I have had no cramps, spotting or bleeding, but today I am just feeling really worried about this.

Hi cyna99 have you got another scan booked to check it in a few weeks?

Well I have a Nuchal Translucency scan booked for next Thursday. Other than that. My OB said that unless there is bleeding, she won't monitor it (especially since it is so small). She is totally unconcerned with it. Honestly, I am doing the NT scan only so I can see baby and monitor the hematoma.

i know its really scary isnt it, yours does sound quite small but obviously you will still be concerned about it. fx your next scan goes really well for you and hopefully it may have shrunk a bit too. no bleeding is a good sign i was told, i was told they become a problem if they start to bleed and the worry is that the baby comes too but i think it would take a huge bleed at the point of pregnancy your at now, they often heal themselves and baby is completely unaffected by it.

Thx. Well one "good" thing is that the bleed is below the baby and closer to the cervix. So if it bleeds, it should bleed out, and not on the baby.

Yeah it sounds like it's in the best place, I have one behind the sac which is worrying :(
More bleeding for me today, it's only a small one and it's old blood again, just hope SCH is shrinking

My SCH won. :nope:

Some warning signs I had:
- I had bleeding every single day. It used to be just spotting when I wiped, but towards the end it became like a light/medium period in brown.
- On a scan at 11w0d we saw baby healthy and kicking, however, the SCH had lengthened to 4cm (same size as baby) and had crept up from underneath the sac to up and around to one side.
- We used the doppler every single day from 9w1d and got a heartbeat every time. After the gush/cramps, we couldn't get a h/b anymore.
- Just could not shake the feeling that I should be planning for a death and not a live birth. :wacko:

Later that night after the scan, I had extreme cramping and lost a ton of blood. A scan the next day confirmed that the bleed had collapsed the sac under the weight of it and the baby was unable to survive. :cry:

My measurements:
6w0d - 0.95 x 0.75cm or something to that extent
8w2d - 2 x 1.3 x 2.2cm
11w0d (day of death of baby as well as a lovely scan) - 2 x 1.2 x 4.2cm

I was on near complete bed rest the entirety of my pregnancy.

I really hope my experience was a rare one because you hear SO many good stories and they kept me going for the most of my pregnancy. Unfortunately my SCH kept growing and it grew up around the baby instead of staying underneath it (where it was originally).

Best of luck to all you ladies, I have seen so many of you with far bigger SCHs go on to have healthy babies. :flower:

I am so sorry for your loss. :hugs:

My SCH won. :nope:

Some warning signs I had:
- I had bleeding every single day. It used to be just spotting when I wiped, but towards the end it became like a light/medium period in brown.
- On a scan at 11w0d we saw baby healthy and kicking, however, the SCH had lengthened to 4cm (same size as baby) and had crept up from underneath the sac to up and around to one side.
- We used the doppler every single day from 9w1d and got a heartbeat every time. After the gush/cramps, we couldn't get a h/b anymore.
- Just could not shake the feeling that I should be planning for a death and not a live birth. :wacko:

Later that night after the scan, I had extreme cramping and lost a ton of blood. A scan the next day confirmed that the bleed had collapsed the sac under the weight of it and the baby was unable to survive. :cry:

My measurements:
6w0d - 0.95 x 0.75cm or something to that extent
8w2d - 2 x 1.3 x 2.2cm
11w0d (day of death of baby as well as a lovely scan) - 2 x 1.2 x 4.2cm

I was on near complete bed rest the entirety of my pregnancy.

I really hope my experience was a rare one because you hear SO many good stories and they kept me going for the most of my pregnancy. Unfortunately my SCH kept growing and it grew up around the baby instead of staying underneath it (where it was originally).

Best of luck to all you ladies, I have seen so many of you with far bigger SCHs go on to have healthy babies. :flower:

Hi ladies, I'm new to your thread. I went in today for my first scan and everything looked great. Baby measuring 6w6d with a heart rate of 137bpm. I got dressed and had my appt with doctor. All was great. When I to up to leave I felt a gush of fluid. I checked and it was bright red blood. They had me lay down and did a repeat scan. In 60 minutes a sch had formed. Baby was still doing well but the bleed is large (didn't tell me the size). I am absolutely terrified... I just passed some large clots but have no cramping. Not sure what to do. On bedrest until Wednesday when I go for a new scan. Any advice??

Whigfield-thank you for sharing these warning signs, though of course there is no way to prevent these things. I'm so sorry and sad to hear this. I hate these SCHs!!! Praying for peace for you.

hi ladys i was wondering if anyone has experienced this.. my sch moved from the top of my uterus to around the side and pooled up in the bottom of my uterus by the cervix doc said its makign its wayout.. im scared baby willmake its way out with it .. its about 4 cm.. thank you s omuch for any help..

Whigfield - I am so saddened to hear this. I truly am. It is really an all around depressing situation. My prayers and thoughts are with you.

hopefully4, nothing to do but wait. But I think it is encouraging that it is below the baby. The real danger is always when it is above the baby, because when it tries to come out it may take the baby with it. I think that is an improvement, don't you think so?

mama d, my advice is to take it as easy as possible. If you can do bed rest, do it. If you can take progesterone supplements I would take them, or ask for them to be prescribed. On another board, I have read that women have stopped bleeding with progesterone and it started again once they stopped. Incidentally, I have not had any bleeding, and I have been on Endometrin the whole time since I did IUI.

mama d, my advice is to take it as easy as possible. If you can do bed rest, do it. If you can take progesterone supplements I would take them, or ask for them to be prescribed. On another board, I have read that women have stopped bleeding with progesterone and it started again once they stopped. Incidentally, I have not had any bleeding, and I have been on Endometrin the whole time since I did IUI.

Thank you Cyna. I'm already taking progestin so hopefully that will help. And I've hardly moved from the couch all day. The bleeding has almost stopped but I am SO terrified. I've read some positive things though so all I can do is pray until next week. Thanks again!

hopefully4, nothing to do but wait. But I think it is encouraging that it is below the baby. The real danger is always when it is above the baby, because when it tries to come out it may take the baby with it. I think that is an improvement, don't you think so?

oh wow i didnt think of that!!1 you really helped me feel so much more optimistic.. i have had a late term loss because of sch but ihave also had a beautiful dd with a sch to :) thats what i need to think about is the postive not the negative.. i really want to announce our pregnancy but i am scared to.. but also scared not to cause i really want to enjoy this pregnancy..

im having the brown stuff now quite a bit acctually .. and im having weird cramps and pressure down there it feels like ican feel the blood coming through i am terrified im loosing it please tell me this is normal and that yall have felt this to while bleeding?

I have felt exactly that on many occasions Hun, I told the nurse as it really scared me, I get a yucky achy pain and feel pressure then bleed brown, it was worse around 7-8 weeks. I still get it on and off now, nurse said it's your uterus trying to get rid of the blood and if it's brown it's old blood. She also said I may have to get used to it as it will happen. Please try not to worry yourself, lie down and it may subside after a bit. X

thank you so very much for replying!! i was scared i was loosing the baby.. iv just had so many losses and everything was going so good with this one until now... i am trying to stay positive :) so i made my pregnancy announcement today on facebook with a cute little video :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->