Sch group (Subchorionic Hematoma)

Hi everyone, just a quick update, it turns out my heavy bleeding and clots wasn't the sch after all, but baby coming away. It had all passed by he time I had a scan yesterday. They said they didn't know if it had anything to do with my sch or not, but my gut feeling is not, as it had a very low heartrate at my first scan which is usually a sign something is wrong.

Thanks for all your good wishes and support for the short time I was here, sending you lots of hugs and wishing you all a much better outcome than mine xx

I'm so sorry Greenstar. We are all thinking of you at this difficult time.

Please take care of yourself.

Hugs.

Hi everyone, just a quick update, it turns out my heavy bleeding and clots wasn't the sch after all, but baby coming away. It had all passed by he time I had a scan yesterday. They said they didn't know if it had anything to do with my sch or not, but my gut feeling is not, as it had a very low heartrate at my first scan which is usually a sign something is wrong.

Thanks for all your good wishes and support for the short time I was here, sending you lots of hugs and wishing you all a much better outcome than mine xx

GreenStar, life is very terrible unfair xx take care of yourself.

AFM: I went to the emergency dept, because I am RH neg blood I thought I should have an anti-d injection. They did an internal and said my cervix is closed and he didn't see much red blood but could see a brown discharge and but no clots or cuts to indicate anything there.

When I was at my fs on Tues I asked about the bleed and he reckons it was the body indicating that its not working. I just don't know what to think about that.

They gave me a blood test and my hcg is 34k ish so that is up from 5298 11 days ago but still means nothing unless I have a follow up to see if rising since this last . At the ED they didn't give me a ultrasound as they thought what I had done was sufficient and that the sizing was good. I would have liked one to just see at least.

I am so emotionally drained I feel I could sleep for a week.

Gosh you poor thing. I agree, a scan would have helped you to at least see if your bubs was ok at that point.

Your HCG sounds like it rose well from the last draw, so crossing my fingers for you.

When is your next scan?

Very sorry greenstar :(
Elkalemi, it's good that your cervix is closed and that the blood is brown (old), you would have thought they would have scanned you just for peace of mind, all the stress and not knowing doesn't help anything! x

Oh Greenstar, im so sorry. I know how you feel, I miscarried Nov 2013 at 10 weeks... unbeknownst until scan at 13 weeks. I wouldnt wish it on anyone. *Massive hugs*

As for me, still just waiting. Doing too many crosswords, eating way too much food, and watching far too many property shows on my mums pay tv. Still no actual bleed. Wish i knew if that was a good sign!

Oh Greenstar, im so sorry. I know how you feel, I miscarried Nov 2013 at 10 weeks... unbeknownst until scan at 13 weeks. I wouldnt wish it on anyone. *Massive hugs*

As for me, still just waiting. Doing too many crosswords, eating way too much food, and watching far too many property shows on my mums pay tv. Still no actual bleed. Wish i knew if that was a good sign!

Well I'm glad your not having the stress of bleeding. It's no fun-hopefully your body is working on resbsorbing it.
Trying to look at all this taking it easy as a rest pre a new baby! Every cloud has a silver lining I guess!
: flower:

Can anyone tell me what their sch bleed look like. I am looking for descriptions.

My bleed comes as red blood {seems a lot but never soaks a pad and only there when I wipe} and then tapers to brown blood within 24hrs, no clots and no cramps but in yesterdays bleed, I felt pressure in my abdomen but that seem to precede the bleed.

So sorry green star. :( I know what you're going through. Sending prayers for a successful pregnancy soon:hugs:

Can anyone tell me what their sch bleed look like. I am looking for descriptions.

My bleed comes as red blood {seems a lot but never soaks a pad and only there when I wipe} and then tapers to brown blood within 24hrs, no clots and no cramps but in yesterdays bleed, I felt pressure in my abdomen but that seem to precede the bleed.

My bleeds were full of like a tap very dramatically, and bright red watery blood. This gradually tailed off to darker red, then to brown with small clots then discharge that was brown.

The first bleed had no cramps, the second (slightly bigger bleed) has period like pains right before it.

I'd say yours sound like mine in terms of colour, but less bleeding which is a good thing. :flower:

My bleed was literally glugging bright red blood, soaked through three nighttime towels in an hour and then tapered off to red when wiping and then eventually to a little brown. I was cramping but it was painless. I had other sharper pains once the bleed had stopped x

I'm so sorry, Greenstar. It's a horrible thing to happen. Thinking of you xx

Still on hols here but no bleeding save for a tiny bit of brown yesterday.

xx

I'm so sorry, Greenstar. It's a horrible thing to happen. Thinking of you xx

Still on hols here but no bleeding save for a tiny bit of brown yesterday.

xx

Glad your not bleeding anymore. Hope you are enjoying the rest if your holiday.

Argh! Mils just rang to say she has been googling and I shouldn't be on bed rest as it will cause all sorts of problems and I will have a small baby :cry:
Everything I've read says it's the best thing to do. My bleeds have been huge. I just feel so rubbish now. All I want is a healthy baby, and I'm doing everything I've researched that's meant to help, and now I'm being made to feel guilty and that I'm harming the baby :-(

I'm sure bed rest is helping, as my bleed looked to be starting to heal at my last scan, and I've had no red bleeding in over a week now.

This is making me so upset the whole thing. :-(

Just do what you feel comfortable with. I'm sure the older generation is even less familiar with SCHs than we are. :hugs

Plus... Mils are crazy. :winkwink:
Just kidding....well, sort of. Lol

I know what you mean yo yo, I have had "know it all" in laws telling me it would be good to start doing some exercise (which is their speak for "get off your lazy backside". I have tried several times to get up and get out but it brings on lots of pain and hicks.

Do what. Makes you comfortable. If bedrest is helping your bleed to slow then do it, because it will make you feel better.

I went for my private scan today at 23+5 weeks and the little fella is bang on track with growth. He isn't huge but isn't behind either. And I have been on bed rest for 11 weeks so there goes the small baby theory.

Unfortunately the damn hematoma is still there, but it has got smaller and I haven't bled in 6 weeks, so the sonographer said it would probably sit there for the rest of the pregnancy now, but should hopefully not cause too many issues. Fingers crossed.

I also saw the little guy in 4d briefly and he is very alike his big brother.

Crossing everything he stays in there for a while longer.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 5
Thanks to both of you. I feel like no one (apart from this board)understands how tough it is to have this going on-I feel so responsible for the outcome of this :-(

What a gorgeous scan pic FerreoRoche! :) aww he is cute! Sorry your sch is still there, but the main thing is it's not causing you problems. :flower:

Mara, your right-think the older generation think they know best...yes and a little crazy lol. Bless her she is well meaning, but I put the phone down and cried.

Hubby is buying me some cake, so sure that will help my mood! :)

Hope your both having a nice weekend. :flower:

Thanks to both of you. I feel like no one (apart from this board)understands how tough it is to have this going on-I feel so responsible for the outcome of this :-(

What a gorgeous scan pic FerreoRoche! :) aww he is cute! Sorry your sch is still there, but the main thing is it's not causing you problems. :flower:

Mara, your right-think the older generation think they know best...yes and a little crazy lol. Bless her she is well meaning, but I put the phone down and cried.

Hubby is buying me some cake, so sure that will help my mood! :)

Hope your both having a nice weekend. :flower:

I understand 100% how stressful it is. When you gush bright red, you almost want to just stay frozen on the bed with your legs up and not move a muscle.

I know people say that if your pregnancy is that precarious it will miscarry no matter what you do, but in my case I want to know that I did everything I could to not contribute to a bad outcome and to just allow my body to heal as fast as possible.

I have no idea if my rest improved the outcome so far, but I feel like I am more in control and feel like as a mother I fought for my kid's life.

That's what you are doing.... Your best to save your child, like any mother would do.

I agree, just go with what YOU think is best. I have never heard of bed rest having a negative effect on baby. I only went on bed rest when I actively bled but couldn't do it at other times due to my toddler so was just on pelvic rest for the rest of the time.
Go eat cake and relax! :haha: x

The older generation think they know it all. Its very hard when each time you go to the toilet you wonder if the red blood is there. I am living in absolute fear right now.

I have to make another appointment for an u/s and I don't want to because I don't know if there will be a heartbeat. Part of me thinks well you had growth from the first one but then after this bled on Thurs night, I just don't know.

I know there was no clots but I remember going to the toilet in the middle of the night and I heard some blood drop into the bowl. Now I am worried maybe a clot was there.

AFM right now, no red blood and the only sign is some light brown spotting when wiping but that has gone. Surely in my rambling mind, it was a miscarriage I would be bleeding far more than 24hrs.

The uncertain is hard.

The older generation think they know it all. Its very hard when each time you go to the toilet you wonder if the red blood is there. I am living in absolute fear right now.

I have to make another appointment for an u/s and I don't want to because I don't know if there will be a heartbeat. Part of me thinks well you had growth from the first one but then after this bled on Thurs night, I just don't know.

I know there was no clots but I remember going to the toilet in the middle of the night and I heard some blood drop into the bowl. Now I am worried maybe a clot was there.

AFM right now, no red blood and the only sign is some light brown spotting when wiping but that has gone. Surely in my rambling mind, it was a miscarriage I would be bleeding far more than 24hrs.

The uncertain is hard.

:hugs: the uncertainty is really hard. You have to try to remain positive lovely. The fact there was growth is great.

No red blood is a great sign. If your bleeding red blood your sch is actively bleeding, if it's brown spotting that's old blood.
Get the appointment booked in as soon as you can, to save you this wondering what's going on :flower:

In the mean time, rest up, and try to relax (that's the hard part, I know)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->