Sch group (Subchorionic Hematoma)

Yo yo, I do have an awful cold!

Oh poor you :flower: it's not great when your meant to be on pelvic rest, but I was drinking manuka honey with lemon in the end. Just sip that or a little water when your throat begins to tickle. I manages to avoid a second day of coughing by doing this.
Get better soon.

And surely all the vomiting would not be good for it either?
I've been pretty attached to my vaporizer haha

I think it's best to avoid what you can that could strain the muscles down there-so hard though isn't it? I mean you can't be still 24/7!

The majority of people with sch go on to clear up by the end of second trimester(I need to stop reading on it now!) it's a case if biding your time and using it as a good excuse to do as little as you can!
Did you get through to epu?

Woohoo! V day today.

Had a terrible sleepless night.

Braxton Hicks driving me mad, but I made it.

Baby wriggling non stop at the mo. He's going to be such a live wire.

Next milestone 28 weeks. Determined to keep him in for as long as possible.

How is your bleeding now Yo Yo? Are you still spotting brown?

Hopefulfor1st I believe you were in a group with me before, either 'testing in October' or June sunflowers? Sorry you have a sch but brown blood is a lot better then red. When the tear inside actively bleeds you will see bright red but where you are losing brown it means that the bleeding has stopped and the blood from before is now old and 'coming out'
The epu should see you straight away if your bleeding does become red or if you pass clots but hopefully that won't happen!

I don't remember anything in particular causing my bleeding, I was having a day over my sisters which was fairly chilled but I did lift two toddlers into the car in the morning so maybe that did it. I just remember saying I felt like I had stretching pains and I couldn't sit down for a moment and then thinking 'omg I'm wetting myself!' Went to the toilet and was actually gushing bright red blood. Instant tears and shaking and shouting for my sister to come up. Bless her, she's never looked so scared! x

Woohoo! V day today.

Yay!! Happy 24 weeks! So great you are at that milestone now. Like I said, every day from here on is another day stronger! :) :flower:
Still got on off brown spotting-can't wait for Wednesdays scan-really hoping the nasty thing is shrinking.

Woohoo! V day today.

Yay!! Happy 24 weeks! So great you are at that milestone now. Like I said, every day from here on is another day stronger! :) :flower:
Still got on off brown spotting-can't wait for Wednesdays scan-really hoping the nasty thing is shrinking.

I'll cross everything for you, how long have you have the sch now? 2 weeks approx?

Don't panic if it is still same size of little bigger as that is a normal thing in the early weeks. I spotted brown from 12-13 weeks and thought my 13 week scan would show improvement, but the damn thing was bigger! Not dramatically, but a bit.

The key thing is no red gushes. Brown spotting is good.

And at 15 weeks your baby is strong and hopefully your sch will clear with time.

Woohoo! V day today.

I'll cross everything for you, how long have you have the sch now? 2 weeks approx?

Don't panic if it is still same size of little bigger as that is a normal thing in the early weeks. I spotted brown from 12-13 weeks and thought my 13 week scan would show improvement, but the damn thing was bigger! Not dramatically, but a bit.

The key thing is no red gushes. Brown spotting is good.

And at 15 weeks your baby is strong and hopefully your sch will clear with time.

I'm not sure how long I have had it exactly, as the first obstetrician said it was this black pocket under the edge of placenta, then after the second bleeding incident I was told it's above the sac.
I think I have two but the original one seems to have gone when I look at the scan pics.

So I think I've had this one 12 days now.

I've heard they can get bigger before they start to resolve. That must have been so frustrating for you.

Hello ladies, diagnosh with SCH today after a big bleed at a wedding on Saturday. No pain so i didnt panic too much. She could see the blood on my scan and I have another scan on Wednesday so hope to have another look then. Im expecting to bleed again so walking round with pads on!

What about sex? Am i allowed sex? xxx

Hello ladies, diagnosh with SCH today after a big bleed at a wedding on Saturday. No pain so i didnt panic too much. She could see the blood on my scan and I have another scan on Wednesday so hope to have another look then. Im expecting to bleed again so walking round with pads on!

Most people with a SCH are advised to be on pelvic rest until the SCH is completely gone. Pelvic rest means: no sex, no orgasms (sorry tmi), no exercising, no heavy lifting. You need to be gentle to your body and not create more tightenings or contractions in your uterus, which happens with sex and stuff of that nature. :(

Finally just heard back from my Dr's office. They said it's really common and it won't really impact my care. Maybe because I'm not bleeding a lot and it's small. Learned mine was just 5 mm x 12 mm. They said I don't even have to be on pelvic rest when bleeding has stopped (I wouldn't say this to any other ladies, this is just what I was told about my specific situation). They said I could continue my normal daily activities, just not anything strenuous. I think I may take it a little easier than they even suggest, but they didn't seem alarmed at all. I am to keep my previously scheduled appointment on April 28 at 12 weeks. Whew. Now, to stay sane until then. :)

Finally just heard back from my Dr's office. They said it's really common and it won't really impact my care. Maybe because I'm not bleeding a lot and it's small. Learned mine was just 5 mm x 12 mm. They said I don't even have to be on pelvic rest when bleeding has stopped (I wouldn't say this to any other ladies, this is just what I was told about my specific situation). They said I could continue my normal daily activities, just not anything strenuous. I think I may take it a little easier than they even suggest, but they didn't seem alarmed at all. I am to keep my previously scheduled appointment on April 28 at 12 weeks. Whew. Now, to stay sane until then. :)

So glad your doctors sounded positive about it! :thumbup:

I am sure you can stay save until then honey! Just keep your mind busy. Small is good with a sch-should absorb more easily than if it was large :flower:

I would abstain from Sex right now lovely. Wait to see what they say at your next scan.
It's good to expect another bleed-no one told me it could happen again, and I freaked out and felt unprepared.
Ask plenty of questions at your next scan-have a think about things you want to ask, as I have found thy don't offer advice, you have to ask :dohh:

Welcome to the group-sorry you have to be here though. :flower:

I found this good FAQ on sch a few days ago, and thought some of you may find it useful.
https://community.babycenter.com/post/a27372249/sch_faq

Just when I start to feel better and the cramps stop, they come back with more brown bleeding. These cramps hurt :-(

I'm so stressed about the scan tomorrow now. Sch is a head messer upper!!

Just when I start to feel better and the cramps stop, they come back with more brown bleeding. These cramps hurt :-(

I'm so stressed about the scan tomorrow now. Sch is a head messer upper!!

Sit tight YoYo. Try drink lots of water. I had a few occasions where I would cramp all morning and then would lose some brown stuff that afternoon.

Just your uterus trying to expel some stuff that shouldn't be there.

Take some paracetamol if you need. Brown is ok.

Fingers crossed for your scan.

Thanks lovely.
I'm going to try and sleep it off if lo decides she will go for her day nap!

Hope everyone else is doing ok :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->