Sch group (Subchorionic Hematoma)

I don't know if they're meant to or not but I always make sure I ask for a copy even if I feel they've explained everything correctly. You should be entitled to ask for a copy whenever you want. :hugs:

Thanks. :flower: it seems to offend their egos if I ask things. I'm not going back there hopefully. It makes me feel there is no support out there though.
I'm seeing my midwife tomorrow, so I hope she can help me understand what's going on.

I don't know if they're meant to or not but I always make sure I ask for a copy even if I feel they've explained everything correctly. You should be entitled to ask for a copy whenever you want. :hugs:

Thanks. :flower: it seems to offend their egos if I ask things. I'm not going back there hopefully. It makes me feel there is no support out there though.
I'm seeing my midwife tomorrow, so I hope she can help me understand what's going on.

Just a question... Do you have a maternity notes folder?

In the folder should be an ultrasound section which your report should be in and if she took pics of the hematoma they may be in the envelope which is at the very back of the folder.

Just a question... Do you have a maternity notes folder?

In the folder should be an ultrasound section which your report should be in and if she took pics of the hematoma they may be in the envelope which is at the very back of the folder.

Well that what I thought-the past two times, they put the pics in the back of my notes. I asked if they were putting the new pics in before I left, and she said no, they are sending them to antenatal?! I don't get why, when they had put them in previously.
Such inconsistency :dohh:

Sorry you're having a tough time. Gosh it's so upsetting enough as it is. You don't need this kind of extra stress.

My Dr is acting like it's NBD, and maybe it's not. But "go to ER if you're saturating a heavy pad every 45 minutes." Well duh because then I'd be dying.

I know at my stage of pregnancy at least, if something happened, nothing can be done to change it. But geez a little peace of mind is worth something you know?

I'm one of those people who does better knowing all the nitty gritty details. And a lot of doctors are used to dumbing it down and glossing over unpleasant bits that may not mean anything in the long run. But for me, not knowing everything = anxiety. I think I need to communicate this at my next appointment. This girl needs details.

Sorry you're having a tough time. Gosh it's so upsetting enough as it is. You don't need this kind of extra stress.

My Dr is acting like it's NBD, and maybe it's not. But "go to ER if you're saturating a heavy pad every 45 minutes." Well duh because then I'd be dying.

I know at my stage of pregnancy at least, if something happened, nothing can be done to change it. But geez a little peace of mind is worth something you know?

I'm one of those people who does better knowing all the nitty gritty details. And a lot of doctors are used to dumbing it down and glossing over unpleasant bits that may not mean anything in the long run. But for me, not knowing everything = anxiety. I think I need to communicate this at my next appointment. This girl needs details.

Yeah me too, telling me to "go home and cross my fingers it turns out ok" does not give me peace of mind. I need to know facts, possible outcomes, statistics, what I can do....

I need to feel in possession of all the info and in control.

I have questioned every doctor and sonographer I have seen in the past 3 months and every one has said something different... From "oh don't even worry about it, they clear up on their own" to.. "Generally everything is fine but they can cause growth restriction" to... "You are at higher risk of premature delivery"... I think it all depends on what cases the doc/sonographer happens to have been exposed to in their career and also how cautious or flippant the doctor is towards their patient.

I for one was soaking a pad and bleeding all over the floor like a tap and the hospital were still happy for me to go home once they saw baby was ok.

Dang. I don't really think they're flippant and don't care (in my case). I saw my lab reports from my ER visit and they checked all my blood clotting and everything to make sure I was okay too. And my obgyn came soooo highly recommended, he's supposed to be one of the best in town. He is smart and friendly and stays calm in stressful situations. I think it's probably a matter of 1) they probably really do believe it will be fine (the analogy they used for me is that it would heal like a bruise), 2) they don't want to make a deal of it so then, in turn, I won't make a deal of it (but oh hey I am going to anyway b/c there's blood coming out of my vagina). And 3) all the scans in the world won't change the outcome, so why the expense (because it may keep me sane-r).

Dang. I don't really think they're flippant and don't care (in my case). I saw my lab reports from my ER visit and they checked all my blood clotting and everything to make sure I was okay too. And my obgyn came soooo highly recommended, he's supposed to be one of the best in town. He is smart and friendly and stays calm in stressful situations. I think it's probably a matter of 1) they probably really do believe it will be fine (the analogy they used for me is that it would heal like a bruise), 2) they don't want to make a deal of it so then, in turn, I won't make a deal of it (but oh hey I am going to anyway b/c there's blood coming out of my vagina). And 3) all the scans in the world won't change the outcome, so why the expense (because it may keep me sane-r).

Sounds like you have a very competent doctor there. As you say, hopefully if you tell him what you need to rest your mind they will do it.

Here in the uk they aren't terribly helpful or proactive because it is a "free" service. I managed to get one extra scan because I kicked up a fuss, but all others I have gone private for because I needed extra reassurance.

I know nothing will change the outcome, but knowing if it is growing, shrinking, active, inactive, affecting placenta or not affecting placenta etc helps me prepare my mind for another few weeks.

Wishing us all good luck vibes for a great outcome.

Sorry you girls all seem to be having rough at the moment. :( i know your pain though, my doctor was like "so i will give you this, this, this, organize a scan for 12 weeks, and will fax your referral to the hospital... oh and you have an sch" i was like "what does that mean?" "Just have to wait and see."

I didnt even know what it was until i got home, and looked it up... at which point i paniced.

Anyhoo, only 1 and a half weeks left to wait now, and im dreading it. Horrible memories of last November keep popping into my head, so i try not to get too excited, but every time i think of the ultrasound, i feel sick.

And speaking of sick, ive woken up this morning with a horrible cough, a headache, and a blocked nose. Just what i dang need. Still no bleeding though! Im so frustrated all the time.

Omg, so sorry for the rant guys. Ugh... hope everyone starts feeling better soon!

Hi Sharbear86! Don't worry about ranting. :hugs:

SCHs are horrible beasts, and no matter how long ago yours stopped bleeding/spotting, I think there's always fear it'll turn up again. I stopped bleeding at 14/15 weeks, and to this DAY I still hesitate a little when I pull down my pants to go to the bathroom. I think this experience will affect future pregnancies (with me having anxiety). But ..... what can ya do. :shrug: :(

Hope your scan goes well. Fx

Hi Sharbear86! Don't worry about ranting. :hugs:

SCHs are horrible beasts, and no matter how long ago yours stopped bleeding/spotting, I think there's always fear it'll turn up again. I stopped bleeding at 14/15 weeks, and to this DAY I still hesitate a little when I pull down my pants to go to the bathroom. I think this experience will affect future pregnancies (with me having anxiety). But ..... what can ya do. :shrug: :(

Hope your scan goes well. Fx

26 weeks tomorrow Mara! Exciting!

So something's showing up in my blood clotting test results. The receptionist isn't allowed to give the results, I have to speak to a doctor tomorrow. :-(

Going to see if the midwife can give me the results today at my appointment, as I can't take anymore anguish :-(

Of course being so stressed, I'm thinking it's something terrfying right now. :dohh:

So something's showing up in my blood clotting test results. The receptionist isn't allowed to give the results, I have to speak to a doctor tomorrow. :-(

Going to see if the midwife can give me the results today at my appointment, as I can't take anymore anguish :-(

Of course being so stressed, I'm thinking it's something terrfying right now. :dohh:

Let us know how you get on.

Thanks I will. If this pregnancy doesn't give me grey hairs, I don't know what will!

Midwife said she's not a doctor, but all clotting blood tests looked ok, but to call doctor and check why they want to talk about them. That's a relief no nasties showed up, but confused why they want to talk to me. I think one was slightly on the low side, maybe that's why.

One of the midwives there had a hematoma with one of her kids, and all turned out fine. Nice to hear a positive story on it.

That's great news. Hopefully the doctor just wants to be thorough and go over the results. Fx!!

Thanks :) I'm finding taking it easy hard as you have more time to stress. I love being active.

Happy 26 weeks Mara!

Thanks :) I'm finding taking it easy hard as you have more time to stress. I love being active.

Happy 26 weeks Mara!

Me too, I want t get up and get out now that I have stopped bleeding, but every time i attempt to I end up back home on the sofa within 20 minutes because I am in pain.

My hubby is going to take me to ikea at the weekend to buy the last few nursery pieces and he's going to push me around in a wheelchair so I don't conk out half way round!

Thanks Yo-yo. Sort of got bad news yesterday that's putting a damper on my 26 week happy dance I'd normally do. I failed my 1 hour glucose test and have to go for the 3 hour to see if I have gestational diabetes. :cry: I'm sooooo, soooo, sooooo disappointed. I have just over a week to get my blood sugar in check, and change my eating habits for good. I don't want to put a bandaid on this, but I also don't want GD. So hopefully over the next week I can figure out how I'm supposed to eat.

I barely failed too!! I scored a 138.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burgess422
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->