Sch group (Subchorionic Hematoma)

Thanks Yo-yo. Sort of got bad news yesterday that's putting a damper on my 26 week happy dance I'd normally do. I failed my 1 hour glucose test and have to go for the 3 hour to see if I have gestational diabetes. :cry: I'm sooooo, soooo, sooooo disappointed. I have just over a week to get my blood sugar in check, and change my eating habits for good. I don't want to put a bandaid on this, but I also don't want GD. So hopefully over the next week I can figure out how I'm supposed to eat.

I barely failed too!! I scored a 138.

Awww honey :hugs: I'm sure you can turn it around this week. When's your 3 hour test? Do they give you diet advice to help?
Sending you good luck :flower:

I posted s new thread on this and a lovely lady directed me to this group...
So briefly.. This is my 3rd pregnancy- my first 2 pregnancies were successful resulting in 2 beautiful babies now 4 and 2 yrs. I found out I was pregnant in February and was sent for an early scan at 6 weeks due to spotting & cramping. The U/s revealed baby was fine but I had a bleed in my uterus below baby and was told to rest and at next scan it had healed. Then again at 9 weeks I was bleeding scan said I had another bleed same place but baby was developing as normal, then a scan 2 weeks later confirmed it had settled and gone again. I am now around 13 weeks and have bleeding again and aches in my sides, I am booked in for yet another U/S today and this time i'm worried sick.. What am I doing wrong? Why does this keep happening and what are the long term effects for me and most important my baby?
Thanks in advance xxx

So briefly.. This is my 3rd pregnancy- my first 2 pregnancies were successful resulting in 2 beautiful babies now 4 and 2 yrs. I found out I was pregnant in February and was sent for an early scan at 6 weeks due to spotting & cramping. The U/s revealed baby was fine but I had a bleed in my uterus below baby and was told to rest and at next scan it had healed. Then again at 9 weeks I was bleeding scan said I had another bleed same place but baby was developing as normal, then a scan 2 weeks later confirmed it had settled and gone again. I am now around 13 weeks and have bleeding again and aches in my sides, I am booked in for yet another U/S today and this time i'm worried sick.. What am I doing wrong? Why does this keep happening and what are the long term effects for me and most important my baby?

Thanks in advance xxx

Hi Fliss, sorry you have to join this group.

If you do have an sch, I would personally suspect that your three bleeds are probably the result of the same "tear". SCH's dont typically "go" within a couple of weeks,they can take a few months. Although perhaps it appears healed because you are bleeding out all the blood each time, so there is no clot or blood pool visible in the uterus at the next scan, but the bruise or tear causing the bleed is still healing.

As you'll see if you read back on this thread, generally sch's do eventually resolve and baby outcomes are good, it just drives you nuts while you wait for it to heal.

Can I ask are you still bleeding red or is it brown now?

Thanks in advance xxx

Welcome to the group lovely :flower:

Just wanted to say good luck for your scan. Most people are fine with an sch-the positive stories far outweigh the bad. :hugs:

Got my bloods back from the doctor-no clotting issues detected :)
The reason they wanted to talk was my white blood cell count is up a little, but I've been googling and pregnancy can cause that.

:)

Hope everyone's ok today-glad it's Friday

Got my scan on Monday, this will be my second scan since 5 weeks. Very excited to see if the SCH has gone! Really hoping that it has.

Got my scan on Monday, this will be my second scan since 5 weeks. Very excited to see if the SCH has gone! Really hoping that it has.

Good luck! :flower: I have my fingers crossed for you :)

Had my gender scan. Sonographer was great-she checked baby over, and was baffled by the claims of low placenta and a placental cyst. Clot is measuring 4.5cm and is clotting up :)
It looks a little smaller, but I'm still taking each day as it comes.

Baby now measuring 16+2 so a little ahead. Definitely a baby boy :happydance:

Yay for an AWESOME scan!!! :yipee: :yipee: Great news all around, and welcome to team blue! :)

I'm doing good. Still trying to figure out this whole "eating clean" thing.

Do you know how hard it is to eat without any fruits or breads? :dohh: Since I need to get my glucose level under control, I have to eat super clean to level it all out. If I pass my 3 hour GTT, then I can start to eat more like a normal person, but I'll still need to make some changes. Since it seems that I'm possibly more sensitive to sweets, I'll just need to really keep an eye on my carbs after I pass (if I pass). But for now, OMG.... even whole wheat and grains can prevent my body for purging out the glucose. Ugh.

I'm looking up recipes and finding what seems tasty and reasonable to make over the next week. lol

Had my gender scan. Sonographer was great-she checked baby over, and was baffled by the claims of low placenta and a placental cyst. Clot is measuring 4.5cm and is clotting up :)

Yay! Nothing like a good private scan to make you feel better. Baby boy just like me! Woohoo!

Glad it is a clotting, good news, just gotta keep it that way.

Yay, you needed a good news day! So glad it went great, congrats on your BOY! :D

Thanks in advance xxx

Hi Fliss, sorry you have to join this group.

If you do have an sch, I would personally suspect that your three bleeds are probably the result of the same "tear". SCH's dont typically "go" within a couple of weeks,they can take a few months. Although perhaps it appears healed because you are bleeding out all the blood each time, so there is no clot or blood pool visible in the uterus at the next scan, but the bruise or tear causing the bleed is still healing.

As you'll see if you read back on this thread, generally sch's do eventually resolve and baby outcomes are good, it just drives you nuts while you wait for it to heal.

Can I ask are you still bleeding red or is it brown now?

Hiya

Thanks for the reply. Yes they did tell me in the begginning it was a sch but apparently the scan was showing nothing this time which is really good I guess but just leaves me in the dark as to why I have been bleeding on this occassion. Anyway baby was bouncing around so active so was really happy and I'm 13 weeks. I have a dating scan which should have been my first scan lol next Wednesday so hopefully all will show ok then too. She just said relax and don't overstrain but I have 2 children who are 4 and 2 so it's not always easy to rest.
On all other occasions I was bleeding brown blood, but on this time I was bleeding red blood which scared the hell out of me.

Xx

Wow a baby boy, congratulations to you, that's great news.
I hope you feel better soon.

I am considering a private scan for gender as I have one of each already and I'm more excited now to know what this one could be. I don't think I can wait until 20 weeks lol.

Xxx

I'm doing good. Still trying to figure out this whole "eating clean" thing.

Do you know how hard it is to eat without any fruits or breads? :dohh: Since I need to get my glucose level under control, I have to eat super clean to level it all out. If I pass my 3 hour GTT, then I can start to eat more like a normal person, but I'll still need to make some changes. Since it seems that I'm possibly more sensitive to sweets, I'll just need to really keep an eye on my carbs after I pass (if I pass). But for now, OMG.... even whole wheat and grains can prevent my body for purging out the glucose. Ugh.

I'm looking up recipes and finding what seems tasty and reasonable to make over the next week. lol

I can imagine it's hard, but it'll be all worth it when you pass your 3 hour test, which I'm sure you will lovely :flower:

Wow a baby boy, congratulations to you, that's great news.
I hope you feel better soon.

I am considering a private scan for gender as I have one of each already and I'm more excited now to know what this one could be. I don't think I can wait until 20 weeks lol.

Xxx

If recommend having a private scan honey-they are great! I couldn't wait to know-so impatient :haha:
Aww. Nice you have one of each, bet they are excited :)

Anyone bought anything for the baby yet?

I allowed myself to have a little look at clothes online last night, then promptly told myself off...having sch has made me feel so on edge about he pregnancy, I've not bought a thing, and don't plan to for a while yet. But even looking feels like I shouldn't.

Anyone else feel like this or has sch caused you to feel nervous about buying? Or have you just gone ahead as you would have done with buying?

I had bought a few things, but didn't feel right so I stopped. As soon as pelvic rest was lifted, I went a little bat-shit crazy with buying mostly clothing. :blush: lol I've bought quite a bit of stuff now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burgess422
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->