Sch group (Subchorionic Hematoma)

Yes sorry forgot to reply to that. I did have a bump belt in my last pregnancy but I found it just shied the pain! I supported my back, but dug into my bump.

I wore a pair if elasticayed trousers yesterday which have quite a wide band a placed them under bump. They duid take pressure off the back but the digging in under my bump made me feel sick after 20 mins.

I said to my mum I need a belt that is like a big tubigrip! Ie doesn't dig in anywhere but kinda lifts everything up!

Am feeling a little better today after resting yesterday afternoon, but will bear it in mind.

Can't believe we are all marching along our pregnancies now.. Who'd have thought it a few months back when every day was so nerve wracking?

Frizzabelle.... You are so close now.

So glad to have this forum, some of the regular pregnancy forums I am on seem to have turned into grumpy know it alls who just keep arguing all the time. I'm glad to have some ladies who are supportive.

Glad you feel better.
Tubigrip is actually what the physiotherapist I got referred to recommended I get, but I got a standard bump support belt-wonder if its better? Might be worth buying it.

Happy 32 weeks frizzabelle! So near now :)

Woo hoo! I've made my double digits day!

Little man rather quiet yesterday though so keeping a close eye today to make sure he moves plenty.

Happy Easter all!

Oh wow! 99 days to go! :)
Yay! Eat some Easter eggs, that will get him moving! Ice cream especially worked at getting my last two to move

Happy Easter everyone

Happy Easter ladies! Last year I was dieting for my wedding so had no chocolate.....gunna make up for that this year! Lol x

Happy Easter ladies- glad your all doing well. I am fairly new here but try to log on and catch up when I can on how your all doing.
I'm 14 weeks now due on October 16th.
My bleeding stopped since last scan last week and nothing showed on the scan anymore but since having lots of cramping- it's just strange because cramping wouldn't have bothered me in my other 2 pregnancies but due to having the sch I am totally paranoid about everything.

Xxxx

Happy Easter ladies- glad your all doing well. I am fairly new here but try to log on and catch up when I can on how your all doing.
My bleeding stopped since last scan last week and nothing showed on the scan anymore but since having lots of cramping- it's just strange because cramping wouldn't have bothered me in my other 2 pregnancies but due to having the sch I am totally paranoid about everything.

Xxxx

Funny, my cramping was worse on the days I wasn't bleeding. Maybe my uterus was trying hard to get rid of any last bits it could. I don't know.

These sch's are funny things.

Well done on reaching your second trimester... Hope things improve for you here on out.

Xxxx

Glad the bleeding stopped and nothing's showing on the scan :)
I cramp frequently too, it's hard to know if it's sch or normal pregnancy pains. They do seem common though, so I wouldn't worry-sounds things are going well for you :hugs:
Happy 14 weeks!

Feel fed up :-(
How's everyone else's other half reacted to you having sch/having to rest more?

I'm really upset, as my hubby thinks I should be up an about more-he's frustrated the sch is still there, and wants me to go for drives in the car, eat out with the kids, maybe go into town to the shops. Basically carry on as normal as much as I can.

I just don't feel ready yet, and he doesn't understand.

I feel like all this responsibility on my shoulders to keep my baby alive. I absolutely cannot go through the trauma of a loss again (had a loss due to serious abnormality with the baby at 14 weeks 5 years ago) the bleeding has brought it all back to me :cry: it's something I've been barely able to talk about, and managed to shut out pretending it didn't happen and not deal with all this time until now. It hurt me so bad. I blamed myself despite the doctors telling me it was nothing I had done wrong. Now I can't get the flashbacks out of my head. :cry:

I know he doesn't understand, because the sonographer last said to me I can carry on as normal, and that's what he wants me to do as he sees no reason to link it to the loss. He means well, but I don't think he gets how worried I am to put a foot wrong.
I ended up crying so much, and now I'm worried crying will cause bleeding. I need to get a grip.
Sorry for moaning, I just don't feel he can relate to this going on inside me and I feel lonely. I also don't feel supported by the useless nhs on this either.

Feel fed up :-(
How's everyone else's other half reacted to you having sch/having to rest more?

I'm really upset, as my hubby thinks I should be up an about more-he's frustrated the sch is still there, and wants me to go for drives in the car, eat out with the kids, maybe go into town to the shops. Basically carry on as normal as much as I can.

I just don't feel ready yet, and he doesn't understand.

I feel like all this responsibility on my shoulders to keep my baby alive. I absolutely cannot go through the trauma of a loss again (had a loss due to serious abnormality with the baby at 14 weeks 5 years ago) the bleeding has brought it all back to me :cry: it's something I've been barely able to talk about, and managed to shut out pretending it didn't happen and not deal with all this time until now. It hurt me so bad. I blamed myself despite the doctors telling me it was nothing I had done wrong. Now I can't get the flashbacks out of my head. :cry:

I know he doesn't understand, because the sonographer last said to me I can carry on as normal, and that's what he wants me to do as he sees no reason to link it to the loss. He means well, but I don't think he gets how worried I am to put a foot wrong.
I ended up crying so much, and now I'm worried crying will cause bleeding. I need to get a grip.
Sorry for moaning, I just don't feel he can relate to this going on inside me and I feel lonely. I also don't feel supported by the useless nhs on this either.

Ah YoYo how tough.

I do understand a little of how you feel. I lost a baby last year, and therefore feel that I must do everything to prevent it again. It wasn't as far along as your bubba though.

I am very lucky that my hubby a) fully supports whatever action I feel I must take and b) agrees that the nhs are at best patchy in their treatment since we have both been through nhs and private clinics and know the real difference. If anything he is over cautious so wraps me up on the sofa to ensure he helps me recover.

But my SIL is quite the opposite. She thinks I am being a drama queen and that I should get off my lazy bum and get on with things. She tells me to exercise cos it'll be good for me (no she is not a doctor or an expert in sch's), despite the fact that most exercise I have had, no matter how limited, has led to pain etc.

Can you talk to your hubby and explain that a) the nhs are quite disparate in their approach to sch's and therefore, just because one sonographer thinks it is fine, does not mean that she is the authority on the subject. That there are studies (research and individual case studies) that show that resting does improve the outcome and b) that your previous loss is affecting you and you need his support to help you feel that you have given all you can to ensure the safety of your little one.

Also, where rest is prescribed, the advice is usually not to come of rest until you are at least 2 weeks clear of all spotting.

Personally, I became aware of when I was both mentally and physically ready to move about more. I find that every week I feel a little more "normal", although, third trimester niggles are starting to take over!

Also, you could suggest that you at lead thang tight until your 20 week scan when you will see how much the sch has reduced.

Thanks.

So sorry for your loss-it's a tough thing to go through :hugs:

I have talked to him, so hopefully he will understand. It's frustrating not to have him 100% on board with me laying down as much as I can, but I know my body and what is making me less crampy etc.

He is well meaning, and thinks it will do me good. But his bedside manner is awful, like I say to him I have cramps and all he days is 'oh right' I'd like him to show more empathy. :-(

Thanks.

So sorry for your loss-it's a tough thing to go through :hugs:

I have talked to him, so hopefully he will understand. It's frustrating not to have him 100% on board with me laying down as much as I can, but I know my body and what is making me less crampy etc.

He is well meaning, and thinks it will do me good. But his bedside manner is awful, like I say to him I have cramps and all he days is 'oh right' I'd like him to show more empathy. :-(

Oh yes, men have very few words! My husband was the same for a while during ivf until I spoke to him and told him how I needed him to be to keep me sane.

Hope you get it sorted. Like you say, you know your body and what is helping.

Have just put a deposit down on a pram today. Exciting, but nerve wracking!

Oh lovely-what pram m did you decide on?

Silver cross Wayfarer. Love it. Light weight and more compact than the Britax Affinity, goes up and down real easy, lovely carry cot, and £315 less than the bugaboo.

Have put a deposit down and asked for delivery end of June. Eek!

Oh so sorry to hear that YoYo. I really think that as no one fully knows what causes sch and NHS say it's just one of those things, all we know is that resting helps...ah it's so frustrating that some people just don't understand it. I think you can only appreciate the situation if you are the woman going through it or like us you have or know someone who is going through it. I really wouldn't worry about anyone else in this scenario except you and your baby. My hubby can be brill at times then others he's abit like that too- like oh right cramps again and totally in supportive grrr. I know they don't get it fully but I do think they can be a little more sympathetic or atleast caring.
I know that feeling like your scared to just do a little too much and start it all off again- it's terrifying, but just do whatever your body is ready to do and not what anyone else's thinks you should be doing.

Also I never had any cramps at all with my first 2 children and they were both great normal pregnancies so I think it is a little scary getting them now, it feels like mild period pains but with no bleeding at all .

Hope you feel better soon xxxx

Oh lovely-what pram m did you decide on?

Silver cross Wayfarer. Love it. Light weight and more compact than the Britax Affinity, goes up and down real easy, lovely carry cot, and £315 less than the bugaboo.

Have put a deposit down and asked for delivery end of June. Eek!

Ooo I was looking at this one too- silver cross are great prams.
So exciting xx

Thanks Fliss. :flower:
Nice to see others understand how it feels. I think it's hard to if you haven't had sch to relate, so I get why he is like that. I get cramps too-you just don't expect all this when you get pregnant.
Hope your cramps go soon-lots of water when they come on helps me.

Silver cross wayfarer-that's a gorgeous pram. How exciting! :)

Lots of people don't understand. All they hear is, "oh, you're spotting...but that's normal". :nope: My mom was one of them. :( She didn't understand how risky SCHs are and for some reason kept saying she never bled or spotted. :dohh: That's nice.

Others just said, "oh, yeah I spotted a bit in the beginning too...its scary right?". I'm like, "um...I gushed tons of blood and clots and for almost every single day of the 1st trimester. Not the same as a little spotting like IB or something." Ugh....

DH though was very concerned. We've been together for almost 12 years now and he wanted to see the amount of blood, so I showed him. I think that was all it took for him to realize that this was not some leftover IB that one doctor tried to tell me. lol Idiots.

This is why forums/boards like BnB are so nice. Its easier to cope when you have lots of ladies who can share their experiences when your family, friends and even doctors aren't very helpful.

Lots of people don't understand. All they hear is, "oh, you're spotting...but that's normal". :nope: My mom was one of them. :( She didn't understand how risky SCHs are and for some reason kept saying she never bled or spotted. :dohh: That's nice.

Others just said, "oh, yeah I spotted a bit in the beginning too...its scary right?". I'm like, "um...I gushed tons of blood and clots and for almost every single day of the 1st trimester. Not the same as a little spotting like IB or something." Ugh....

DH though was very concerned. We've been together for almost 12 years now and he wanted to see the amount of blood, so I showed him. I think that was all it took for him to realize that this was not some leftover IB that one doctor tried to tell me. lol Idiots.

This is why forums/boards like BnB are so nice. Its easier to cope when you have lots of ladies who can share their experiences when your family, friends and even doctors aren't very helpful.

Too right. Every time I read a post on here I think "yep... I know exactly how you feel". It's great because I know it's not just me, so I don't feel so loopy. I often find even other pregnancy boards unsympathetic. If the women aren't suffering the same complications, they totally can't relate.

If you write "I'm feeling terrible... Bored, anxious, stir crazy... Terrified of when I'll bleed next"... The reply will be "ooh yeah... Are anyone else's boobs hurting?"

Just disconnected.

So this board is very helpful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burgess422
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"