Sch group (Subchorionic Hematoma)

So had my scan. Baby looks gorgeous on 3d, but sadly my clot of still there and same size :-(
Not bled in almost a week, so was hoping it would be a little reduced at least. I had a vent to the sonographer about how useless my midwives been-then thought afterwards she probably knows them! Oops!

Sonographer said in relative terms as baby has grown and clots stayed same, that's a good sign.

Just go away sch!

Great update Yo-yo! Wish the SCH was gone, but healthy, gorgeous baby is awesome! :flower: Hopefully soon the SCH will begin to heal....you are getting close to the "20 week average healing time". Fx!!!!

I know! He was pouting too! Show off! :)

How are you doing? Saw your gd test came back clear! So pleased for you.

Oh yes, GD came back clear!! :happydance:

I'm back to battling heartburn (which I found has to do with too many carbs and sugar). Funny how when I was eating clean for the GD test the heartburn magically went away. And now that I allow a sweet here and there, the heartburn came right back. :dohh: So I'm trying to eat as clean as possible otherwise I seriously feel like total crap.

And I was also just diagnosed with SPD. :( I had my suspicions since about two weeks ago it was getting more and more painful to raise one leg (like to put on underwear/pants/socks) and then doing any kind of movement where I push something forward or backwards with my leg (like moving a box) was REALLY painful. Doctors said I'm showing all the characteristics of SPD, so I need to wear a support belt which actually does help quite a bit. Since I've been learning what aggravates my SPD, the pain is getting manageable. But I really need to be mindful since one wrong movement makes it flare up. So far so good though. I'm hopeful that I can manage the pain by using the support belt and paying close attention to how I get in/out of our cars, get off the couch and bed, take the stairs at home v-e-r-y slow, etc. Just gotta roll with the punches, right? :lol:

Oh hope the spd eases off soon. All this will be well worth it when you have your little boy in your arms :)

The support belt will help. I had pgp with dd2, and now with this. I really feel your pain, but it does vanish when baby arrives :flower:

Hang in there honey

Oh that's good to hear. It just sort of sprang up out of nowhere one night (right after I pushed a rather heavy box in our bathroom to the side). :( As soon as I pushed it, the pain hit and never went away. I think this was on Thursday or Friday last week. Its slowly getting better, but even rolling over in bed hurts my pubic bone. Ugh...

Have you bought a pregnancy pillow? Even placing a pillow between the legs in bed helps me.

Anything worth a shot. :flower:

I don't have a pregnancy pillow, but I have a King sized pillow behind me (for when I roll over) and then a nice fluffy body pillow to hug onto on the other side. So far that's been working. But its just painful if I want to flip over or get my legs off the side of the bed to get up.

Awwww lovely scan YoYo.

How big is the clot now ... Did they tell you?

It still sounds to me like you are in the right path. When did you first bleed? 13 weeks?

I bled at 11+6, by 18 weeks it had just stopped bleeding but was really no change in size. Just looked "echo genic" on scan, meaning clotting.

By 20 weeks, same. By 24 weeks, little smaller but no rapid disappearance.

But baby getting bigger by the day so sch deemed less threatening in proportion.

As long as that thing stays clotted with no fresh red bleeds, you are on the road to recovery and baby is getting stronger by the day.

It's blimmin annoying, but may just sit there or very slowly shrink.

I saw a few second trimester sch's on here that took up to 30 weeks to go, if at all.

I have a hunch my one will never go. If it is still there when I give birth I'm going to put it in a jar!

Ha I like the idea of putting it in a jar. I think if it's still there I will definitely want to take a look out of curiosity at the horrible thing!

It's 4.5cm, which is the same size as it was at 16 weeks. She thought it looked a little more clotted than last time she saw it (she was the one who scanned me at 14 weeks)
So it's shrunk a little since original size. Like you say, it's smaller in comparison to baby now.
First bleed was 12+5 then second fresh bleed 13+5..I do find it odd I bled (some days quite heavy too) up until a week ago old blood and it's still not gone!

How big is yours now? It's crazy some just don't go away, but as long as they stay clotted i think it's fine. :)

Ha I like the idea of putting it in a jar. I think if it's still there I will definitely want to take a look out of curiosity at the horrible thing!

It's 4.5cm, which is the same size as it was at 16 weeks. She thought it looked a little more clotted than last time she saw it (she was the one who scanned me at 14 weeks)
So it's shrunk a little since original size. Like you say, it's smaller in comparison to baby now.
First bleed was 12+5 then second fresh bleed 13+5..I do find it odd I bled (some days quite heavy too) up until a week ago old blood and it's still not gone!

How big is yours now? It's crazy some just don't go away, but as long as they stay clotted i think it's fine. :)

Ok similar size to me then.

Yes I was very annoyed that I bled "old blood" for 4 weeks and yet the damn thing hadn't shrunk at all!

Mine started at 5.5x5.1x3.7cm I think, then got a bit bigger, then stayed same for weeks albeit dimensions changing at each scan (I think just based on how the baby was pressing on it.

At 24 weeks I think it was down to about 6cm x 2.7cm x 1.5cm or something, so basically longer and thinner.

She said looked old by then very grey/white in appearance meaning solid, not fluid.

So hopefully, mine will continue shrinking or just sit there without harm while baby grows. Your timings and size sound similar to me, so take heart in the fact that I am still hanging on ok!

I know! It's great to see you and you baby boy going strong and now into 3rd trimester! :)
I think your baby will squash your sch away!

I'm counting down very impatiently to my v-day. I just want to get to the point where I'm not fobbed off by the nhs should anything else happen.

I know! It's great to see you and you baby boy going strong and now into 3rd trimester! :)
I think your baby will squash your sch away!

I'm counting down very impatiently to my v-day. I just want to get to the point where I'm not fobbed off by the nhs should anything else happen.

Yes I know what you mean, it really did frustrate me deeply to know that the nhs more or less just wash their hands of your baby until you reach 24 weeks. Then all of a sudden it becomes viable and they want to know.

I do understand that it has very little chance of survival if born before that date, but I never understood why my hospital wouldn't even attempt to prevent labour before that date. Surely if the baby is blatantly well before 24 weeks and mum goes into premature labour dues to other circumstances, that baby has every chance of survival if they keep it in? I just can't accept the cold way they look at it.

So I really felt 24 weeks was a significant date and was terrified that something would go wrong before it. Good news is, once you get there, the time does start to speed up, because as the days go by, every day your baby's odds improve.

I think the only thing that now makes it drag is the discomfort of getting big and heavy! Regular pregnancy worries, which are preferable to the sch knife edge.

I have faith that if your sch does stop bleeding red for good now that you will make your 24 weeks and be just fine. And from what you have said, it hasn't bled red since 13 weeks ish?

Mara - how are you feeling now?

Yes, it's been brown blood from about 14+2 weeks, so that's good.
My sch seems to be copying yours, your right.

I've noticed most people with sch's have baby boys?? I'm sure it's coincidence, but it seems that way!

Yes, it's been brown blood from about 14+2 weeks, so that's good.
My sch seems to be copying yours, your right.

I've noticed most people with sch's have baby boys?? I'm sure it's coincidence, but it seems that way!

Yes, I think that is certainly true on this site. I thought I would be the exception because I thought I was having a girl, but then my gender scan proved me wrong.

Do you know what you are having?

It's a little boy for me this time :)

Have you got a name in mind yet? I'm finding boy names harder than I did with girls.

It's a little boy for me this time :)

Have you got a name in mind yet? I'm finding boy names harder than I did with girls.

Oh gosh I am thick! I didn't see it on your ticker.

Yes we have a name. I also find boys names difficult, I like normal ones like Matthew, Joseph, Sam etc... But I know so many already so wanted something straightforward but not hugely common.

I had two names in the line up for my first son. We ended up using Oscar for him, so this one will have the other one, which fortunately also is aligned to our desire for a name that means "fighter", as he has been.

So he will be Leo Christopher Gordon Roche.

Leo after lion (and his star sign if he arrives on time), and Gordon is my dad's name and I wanted to acknowledge him because he has had a very tragic year of loss.

So long winded explanation but there you go. We are keeping the name a secret with friends and family until he is born.

That's such a lovely name, so special.

We have a boy name picked out. For a girl we are at a total loss. So that means it'll probably be girl :p. 6-7 more weeks until we can find out.

Boy name will be Isaiah Gregory. Isaiah because it's important to my husband for a couple of reasons, and Gregory after his dad. Everyone knows the Isaiah part because I fought it for a long time. :p But the Gregory part will be a surprise for most people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burgess422
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->