Sch group (Subchorionic Hematoma)

Hi, I'm Wendy, and i'm new here. Was constantly looking for forums regarding SCH and luckily I've found this support group. It's hard having no one to talk to about my case because either no one understands the medical term and no one's sensitive enough to understand what I'm goiing thru. I don't wanna bore you with my story, this can be long. but i just want to let it out.

My boyfriend and I decided to have a baby at the start of the year, but it was kind of delayed at first because I was diagnosed with PCOS and i was put on meds to initiate ovulation. Weeks after being worked up, I still wasn't having my periods then doctor asked me to have an ultrasound. and there it was, at 7 weeks. I found out early in March that I'm pregnant and was so ecstatic about it.

The first ultrasound revealed that there was a moderate SCH with no specific measurements, so the doctor requested me to be on bedrest, and i was also put on aspirin and prednisone and progesterone. Aspirin is to thin out the clots and prednisone - because she was considering that i may have a syndrome where my immune system fights off pregnancy.

two weeks after i had another UTZ, and now there was a specific measurement.. 1.5cmx 1cmx 0.6cm.. and the doctor told me it was just small, she had me continue my meds. another two weeks passed and im due for another UTZ..and found 1.6cm x 1cmx 0.6cm with a volume of 0.3cc.. doc asked me what the sonographer said and i told her that she said that it was just small. so she took me off prednisone and aspirin but had me continue with progesterone.

she wanted to know the baby's heartrate when i was taken off the meds so im due for another UTZ after a week. so it happened i had a UTZ the following week and found out that the hematoma has grown larger.. 2.4cm x 1cmx 0.7cm and a volume of 0.6cc..

I was so sad i thought it would have gone already because im now on my twelfth week. now she put me back on prednisone and aspirin and said that if it won't subside, she'll have me referred to an immunologist.

It's hard thinking about this; i worry for my first baby's condition, plus too much expenses as well if i had to be referred to an immunologist. I just hope that it will be gone by the time of my next scan and most of the things i read here tell of how this would just go away in the following weeks. I am just hopeful that this will stop already because it's not easy to worry for my first pregnancy.

Hi, I'm Wendy, and i'm new here. Was constantly looking for forums regarding SCH and luckily I've found this support group. It's hard having no one to talk to about my case because either no one understands the medical term and no one's sensitive enough to understand what I'm goiing thru. I don't wanna bore you with my story, this can be long. but i just want to let it out.

My boyfriend and I decided to have a baby at the start of the year, but it was kind of delayed at first because I was diagnosed with PCOS and i was put on meds to initiate ovulation. Weeks after being worked up, I still wasn't having my periods then doctor asked me to have an ultrasound. and there it was, at 7 weeks. I found out early in March that I'm pregnant and was so ecstatic about it.

The first ultrasound revealed that there was a moderate SCH with no specific measurements, so the doctor requested me to be on bedrest, and i was also put on aspirin and prednisone and progesterone. Aspirin is to thin out the clots and prednisone - because she was considering that i may have a syndrome where my immune system fights off pregnancy.

two weeks after i had another UTZ, and now there was a specific measurement.. 1.5cmx 1cmx 0.6cm.. and the doctor told me it was just small, she had me continue my meds. another two weeks passed and im due for another UTZ..and found 1.6cm x 1cmx 0.6cm with a volume of 0.3cc.. doc asked me what the sonographer said and i told her that she said that it was just small. so she took me off prednisone and aspirin but had me continue with progesterone.

she wanted to know the baby's heartrate when i was taken off the meds so im due for another UTZ after a week. so it happened i had a UTZ the following week and found out that the hematoma has grown larger.. 2.4cm x 1cmx 0.7cm and a volume of 0.6cc..

I was so sad i thought it would have gone already because im now on my twelfth week. now she put me back on prednisone and aspirin and said that if it won't subside, she'll have me referred to an immunologist.

It's hard thinking about this; i worry for my first baby's condition, plus too much expenses as well if i had to be referred to an immunologist. I just hope that it will be gone by the time of my next scan and most of the things i read here tell of how this would just go away in the following weeks. I am just hopeful that this will stop already because it's not easy to worry for my first pregnancy.

Hi Wendy,

Welcome to the group. Really sorry you have got diagnosed with an sch. It's a scary place to be when your pregnant, but rest assured most people go on go have a baby. The size of your clot is quite small, which is a good thing, and your doctors sound like they are doing all they can to help. :hugs:

Most people's clots seem to go by 20 weeks, and all my reading seems to show they often get bigger before they get smaller and go away.

It's hard to have anyone to talk to about a diagnoses that most people have no idea what you have, but you'll find good support here. :flower:

Hi Wendy, welcome to the group. :hugs:

Mine didn't heal until week 17, and it was found at 5w2d.

Everyone here is very helpful, so if you have questions....let us know. :flower:

Hi Wendy,

Mine is moderate in size (originally 5.5cm x 5.7 x 3cm) and was diagnosed at just under 12 weeks after I hemorrhaged.

At 24 weeks it was still there measuring just a little smaller, but I am still pregnant at 26 weeks and baby is very active.

I have been told to expect it to be there for the rest of the pregnancy but as baby gets bigger, it becomes less of a threat in comparison.

Your measurement is still small, and if you are now coming up to 12 weeks will be proportionately small in comparison to your now growing baby, so that does put you in good stead.

I'm not sure what country you are in, but it sounds like your consultants are being very cautious and thorough in treating you. Here in uk the nhs do nothing other than tell you to cross your fingers

I hope the news at your next UTZ is reassuring.

Hi Wendy, I know it's so scary, but I hope the other ladies could reassure you a bit. That is indeed a pretty small one. And keep in mind too, your uterus is growing, so that can change the dimensions a bit as well. I wasn't even going to get any extra ultrasounds to monitor mine, but I ended up seeing mine again 8 days after it was diagnosed b/c I was rear-ended in my car. The sonographer said it looked like it was resolving, even though it wasn't actually smaller, because of the color of it on the u/s. Apparently darker/blacker means it's thinning out/resolving?

I wish you didn't have to deal with this anxiety, but be encouraged that your prognosis is quite good. Baby is probably in there blissfully unaware that there's anything for mommy to worry about.

I hope and pray your upcoming Dr appointments will bring you nothing but good news. :hugs:

YoYo, how have you been this week? Did you manage to persuade your OH to let you rest up?

YoYo, how have you been this week? Did you manage to persuade your OH to let you rest up?

Hi,
He did listen in the end. He has been tidying the house today too.

I daren't curse it, but I haven't bled in 4 days now :)
Got up and made a nice meal today rather a than a ready meal. Really hope this is a long term thing.
Booked a private scan for Monday, so will get an update with the sch then.

How are you? Nearly 27 weeks! Wow, your nearly into 3rd trimester! :)

Hope your having a nice weekend. :flower:

Hi,

Got up and made a nice meal today rather a than a ready meal. Really hope this is a long term thing.

That's good. Glad he is supporting you again. You need someone on your side.

4 days is good, don't worry if you do get some spotting again, hopefully it will start to space out. Having said that, maybe it will stop for good! But still take it easy until you know the nasty lodger is gone. Hope the scan goes well on Monday.

I've been struggling the past two days. Baby really low, hurting my pelvis, can't walk for the pain and feeling he will fall out. Hoping he will move soon and take the pressure off.

My next scan (nhs growth) is on 8th May. Then have 4d on 10th May to see how he looks. He is a constant wriggler so imagining quite a character.

Hi ladies, hope you're doing okay today.

Today makes 2 weeks since my last bleed, so I'm pretty happy about that. Hoping it's done. [-o<

I won't have another scan until my morphology scan at around 19-20 weeks, but thanks me too!

I won't have another scan until my morphology scan at around 19-20 weeks, but thanks me too!

2 weeks of no bleeding sounds like a good indication that it is under control.

Enjoy your second trimester!

I enter my third tomorrow I think?

Today is the day. 12 week scan. Scary for two reasons, this is when we found out last time that there was no heartbeat. So I'm really nervous. Still no bleeding from the SCH at all, so hopefully that's a good sign. Only two hours till scan. Wish I could stop feeling sick. Eek.

Edit: bah left my paperwork at home, so they wouldn't do the scan. Have to wait till wed Now. Talk about emotional.

No waayyyyyy that's nuts, I'm so sorry. I hope the next couple of days somehow fly by. :(

Hi,

That's good. Glad he is supporting you again. You need someone on your side.

4 days is good, don't worry if you do get some spotting again, hopefully it will start to space out. Having said that, maybe it will stop for good! But still take it easy until you know the nasty lodger is gone. Hope the scan goes well on Monday.

I've been struggling the past two days. Baby really low, hurting my pelvis, can't walk for the pain and feeling he will fall out. Hoping he will move soon and take the pressure off.

My next scan (nhs growth) is on 8th May. Then have 4d on 10th May to see how he looks. He is a constant wriggler so imagining quite a character.

Sounds an active little boy you have there. Hope the pressure feeling goes. It's not a comfortable feeling. I always carry low and waddle towards the end, much to my husbands amusement!

Good luck for your growth scan. I'm glad your getting an eye kept in you, and it's always nice to see them on scans. :)

Happy 27 weeks!

Hi ladies, hope you're doing okay today.

Today makes 2 weeks since my last bleed, so I'm pretty happy about that. Hoping it's done. [-o<

That's great! Sounds a positive sign now its been two weeks. So pleased for you.
Happy 12 weeks :)

Today is the day. 12 week scan. Scary for two reasons, this is when we found out last time that there was no heartbeat. So I'm really nervous. Still no bleeding from the SCH at all, so hopefully that's a good sign. Only two hours till scan. Wish I could stop feeling sick. Eek.

Edit: bah left my paperwork at home, so they wouldn't do the scan. Have to wait till wed Now. Talk about emotional.

Oh so so sorry you couldn't get your scan :hugs:
Good luck for Wednesday lovely

Doh! How annoying. I hope Wednesday comes quick and all news is good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burgess422
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->