Sch group (Subchorionic Hematoma)

Great news with baby's weight hmommy :) nice to see you on here.

Ferreoroche-I'm the same with people being ill when pregnant. It's the last thing you want so your bound to be concerned. Sure you'll be fine though. I try to boost my immune system with manuka honey tea whenever I am concerned. It's actually really good, and they use it in hospitals to help prevent mrsa.

How's your little boy today?

Off to the OOH docs with suspected scarlet fever. He had temp all night, and this morning has pink face and heat rash type thing all over back and down leg even though his temp has reduced a little.

I phoned my delivery ward (good time to switch to private) who answered in one ring! And are taking advice from virology dept and calling me back.

In meantime my parents are returning from their weekend away early to let me stay with them for a couple of days until my son has been on antibiotics long enough not to be contagious.

Ferreoroche-I'm the same with people being ill when pregnant. It's the last thing you want so your bound to be concerned. Sure you'll be fine though. I try to boost my immune system with manuka honey tea whenever I am concerned. It's actually really good, and they use it in hospitals to help prevent mrsa.

Off to the OOH docs with suspected scarlet fever. He had temp all night, and this morning has pink face and heat rash type thing all over back and down leg even though his temp has reduced a little.

I phoned my delivery ward (good time to switch to private) who answered in one ring! And are taking advice from virology dept and calling me back.

In meantime my parents are returning from their weekend away early to let me stay with them for a couple of days until my son has been on antibiotics long enough not to be contagious.

Oh no :-( your poor little boy. Hope he gets better soon. Sounds a good idea to stay with your parents a little while.
Great your midwifery care sounds on the ball.

Oh no :-( your poor little boy. Hope he gets better soon. Sounds a good idea to stay with your parents a little while.
Great your midwifery care sounds on the ball.

Yeah, feel sorry for him, he obviously feels rubbish, lots of crying today. I want to help him but have to think of me and bubs too... Not good time for me to catch it.

I've told my hubby to tell the GP no messing about. He has slogged out the fever for two days and is just getting worse and now has rash and is coughing up muck.

Very impressed with the midwife. My first experience of contacting the private ward I booked into a week ago and she was very on the ball. She even told me she had emailed my consultant to advise of the situation.

Bit better than the 4 days I spent on the phone to my old nhs antenatal clinic trying to just get my iron level results! I do understand the nhs are under so much pressure though..... Totally overwhelmed particularly in London area with short staff, but that is no good to me when there is an emergency.

Thanks for the support. I've been doing my nut the past two days, but thought it was weird him contracting flu in May... Scarlet fever makes more sense.

Wow Hmommy,

You must be getting close to term for your twins now. How great.

All been smooth?

Yes, not too bad. I have gestational diabetes which is common with a multiple pregnancy so that's been a pain, but I'm eating a low carb, sugar free, high protein diet and checking my blood sugar 4 x a day (no insulin shots needed touch wood!!)

5-6 weeks to go for me. How are things going for you?
:)

Wow Hmommy,

You must be getting close to term for your twins now. How great.

All been smooth?

Yes, not too bad. I have gestational diabetes which is common with a multiple pregnancy so that's been a pain, but I'm eating a low carb, sugar free, high protein diet and checking my blood sugar 4 x a day (no insulin shots needed touch wood!!)

5-6 weeks to go for me. How are things going for you?
:)

Alright. Sch still there but old and not really significant compared to bubs now.

About 7-8 weeks to go for me as consultant doesn't want him going to 40 weeks.

Just trying to make it through next week without catching scarlet fever from my son... Crap timing.

:hugs: Jeez...scarlet fever? I thought that was eradicated? I'd be checking myself into a hotel !! Lol... Stay well! You're down to just single digit weeks now! :)

:hugs: Jeez...scarlet fever? I thought that was eradicated? I'd be checking myself into a hotel !! Lol... Stay well! You're down to just single digit weeks now! :)

Yes... Was a Victorian disease that has been rather rare for years now, but for some reason it has made a resurgence and is quite rampant this year.

I spent two days trying to protect myself through slightly OCD hygiene when he had the flu type symptoms... Then when the rash came out yesterday and scarlet fever was confirmed, my husband and I decided it was best I moved to my parents for a few days until the antibiotics had taken hold and made him non contagious.

24 hours in and his temperature has subsided and he is perking up, so expect to be back home tomorrow.

Missing him terribly, but it was really freaking me out being home and it was unfair of him to be unable to go near me.

Hoping I'll escape catching it.

Oh, poor little thing :(. Well, you did the smart thing going to your parents. If there ever was a time to be s little OCD...its during pregnancy!

Ferreoroche-how are things now? Hope you managed to avoid the scarlet fever and your little ones better. :flower:

Ferreoroche-how are things now? Hope you managed to avoid the scarlet fever and your little ones better. :flower:

Ok so far *touch wood*.

Came home yesterday, and little man went back to childminders having been on the antibiotics for 48 hours.

The rash has just started disappearing today and he is starting to eat again.

So just got another few days to wait to see if I develop any symptoms.

Little fella has been diligent in taking his medicine so mummy and baby could come home, and he was all dressed and ready to meet my by 7.30am yesterday. He kissed my bump and welcomed baby home.

So sweet.

Seems rife this year though so wondering if any women in hospital will have symptoms when I'm delivering.

Glad he is getting better and no sign of it with you so far. Great the rash has gone, poor thing.
He sounds a sweet boy kissing your bump :)

Wonder why is so rife at the moment? You do worry about these things when your pregnant, it's understandable.

I had an ultrasound today (I'm 8 weeks). The hematoma hasn't shrunk much, but it isn't larger either. Also, the hematoma appears to be clotting since we saw old blood near the cervix (it looked more grey near the cervix). I haven't had a major bleed in a week, so I'm hoping that I this is not on the up side of this scary hill. Though it's not dissolved, it appears to be drying out (or something).

I had an ultrasound today (I'm 8 weeks). The hematoma hasn't shrunk much, but it isn't larger either. Also, the hematoma appears to be clotting since we saw old blood near the cervix (it looked more grey near the cervix). I haven't had a major bleed in a week, so I'm hoping that I this is not on the up side of this scary hill. Though it's not dissolved, it appears to be drying out (or something).

That sounds promising. To start with my clot was a black mass, then it started looking grey as it was clotting old blood before it disappeared.

Hopefully your bleeding will stay away if it's starting to clot up :)

That's good melly2.

Mine was the same.... Black mass to start (even with swirly lines in it where the blood was swooshing around), then fading to grey as it clotted, and eventually white and grainy when it was totally clotted..... So hopefully yours will now stop fresh bleeding and any blood loss will be older.

Don't worry too much about size right now... They do take a while to disappear, it is getting them to stop freshly bleeding which seems to be critical.

Are you spotting brown at all, or has it stopped totally?

Sounds good melly, mine was greying (clotting) near my cervix before it disappeared :) x

Hey ladies. I think I can join this thread. I had a large gushing bleed last night with two huge clots... Terrifying. Went to A&E and baby was perfectly fine but she saw a clot/bleed on the scan. Is this a sch? I think it is from what I've read. It doesn't seem to be big, maybe I passed the worst of it? I have a scan photo, and you can see the bleed.

If you look above babies head there's a point, and just below the point there's a shadow, which she identified as a clot. Any thoughts? I think you click the photo to enlarge it.

I'm signed off work till my dating scan in a week and half. Can't express how happy we were to see that baby. Awful as it sounds I though it has gone in the toilet bowl :cry:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 14
Hey ladies. I think I can join this thread. I had a large gushing bleed last night with two huge clots... Terrifying. Went to A&E and baby was perfectly fine but she saw a clot/bleed on the scan. Is this a sch? I think it is from what I've read. It doesn't seem to be big, maybe I passed the worst of it? I have a scan photo, and you can see the bleed.

If you look above babies head there's a point, and just below the point there's a shadow, which she identified as a clot. Any thoughts? I think you click the photo to enlarge it.

I'm signed off work till my dating scan in a week and half. Can't express how happy we were to see that baby. Awful as it sounds I though it has gone in the toilet bowl :cry:

:hugs: sorry you've had a tough time with your bleeding lovely. It's always a big worry then relief to see your baby in these situations, so I understand your roller coaster of emotions.

From what your describing, it does sound like a sch. Did they take any measurements of the clot? From what I can see you your scan the clot is a lot smaller than your baby, which significantly increases your odds of a successful pregnancy.

How's the bleeding now? I would advise if your still bleeding to rest, and even if your not, keep avoiding any heavy lifting or straining.

In America they often advise Pelvic Rest (no fun times in the bedroom etc) whilst you have a sch too
The good news is most people who have one find they are gone by 20 weeks (or are tiny and insignificant/not problematic)
Welcome to the group, sorry you have to be here

Ferreroroche: I had brown spotting for a few days but now it has stopped all together. I have not bled for a week. *fingers crossed*

:hugs: sorry you've had a tough time with your bleeding lovely. It's always a big worry then relief to see your baby in these situations, so I understand your roller coaster of emotions.

From what your describing, it does sound like a sch. Did they take any measurements of the clot? From what I can see you your scan the clot is a lot smaller than your baby, which significantly increases your odds of a successful pregnancy.

How's the bleeding now? I would advise if your still bleeding to rest, and even if your not, keep avoiding any heavy lifting or straining.

In America they often advise Pelvic Rest (no fun times in the bedroom etc) whilst you have a sch too
The good news is most people who have one find they are gone by 20 weeks (or are tiny and insignificant/not problematic)
Welcome to the group, sorry you have to be here

No measurements. But baby was measuring just under 4cm at my last scan (which was only Tuesday!), so I guess the clot is about half that crudely measuring from the scan. So from what I've read that's pretty small. The clots that passed where fairly large. Smaller than an egg though (or small egg sized?!) I'm not good with guessing sizes! Big enough to be very scary and for me to wonder how the hell it got out of me and where it came from, and to think it could be baby for a few scary seconds.

The bleeding almost stopped immediately, and I've had very minimal spotting since then. I soaked a panty liner in the night, and put a proper pad on today but it's been relatively clear. Only a little when I wiped. I did have some minor spotting last week too, so I'm suspecting this is all related.

I'm resting up, bit scared to move really!!! I'm feeling hopeful though... The doctor last night was very positive and that helped a lot. She said I could possibly bleed again, so I'm prepared now at least.

It has been really helpful to hear it happens to others, and it has a good outcome most of the time. Hopefully this is the last of it...

Hi Ziggie, my SCH was first found in week 5 and I had about 4-5 big/moderate bleeds with little clots until about 14 weeks. I was put on pelvic rest (i.e. no working out, no sex, no heavy lifting, no orgasms) until week 17 when the SCH was declared gone.

I spotted between bleeds, so I was either bleeding or spotting for almost 100% of my 1st trimester - very scary and stressful. I also had horrible cramps that would wake me in the middle of the night and had me doubled over in the kitchen. Elevating my feet and drinking lots of water seemed to help quite a bit with the cramps.

Take it easy, and use caution when/if they clear you to go back to regular activities. Most women that I've talked to remain on pelvic rest or bed rest until the SCH is totally gone. Lots of :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->